Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Former Port Vale goalkeeper Stuart Tomlinson has switched goalposts for ring posts after signing a development contract with America’s World Wrestling Entertainment.

The 28-year-old – who retired with a knee injury last summer – is keen on body building and also appeared on the cover of Men’s Health Magazine after working as a male model.

The Chester-born footballer, who also played for Crewe Alexandra and Burton Albion, would have met WWE representatives during the American show’s European tour last month. He has now been offered the chance of a lifetime with the most popular wrestling company in the world. The ex-keeper broke the news on his Twitter page last night.

“Looking forward to a new job @WWE Swapping two posts and a net, with four posts & ropes- USA bound,” he tweeted.

Replying to messages of good luck from followers of his former football teams he replied: “Big thankyou for all the supportive msgs. #WWE #tomoOnTour”

Tomlinson will now join WWE’s newly opened Performance Centre in Orlando, Florida where he will undertake lessons in wrestling, sports science and medicine. Opened earlier this year, the developmental centre in a state of the art wrestling school designed to train rookie wrestlers to WWE standard before allowing them to make their debut on shows like NXT and Main Event.

Don’t expect to see the body builder on your TV screens any time soon though – WWE is known to keep wrestlers in development for up to a year before they are allowed to make their debut on America’s longest running TV show, Monday Night Raw.

Hope he shows all NFL players in developmental what the superior sport is.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

rovert wrote: »
    Hope he shows all NFL players in developmental what the superior sport is.

Don't see any mention of gaelic. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,127 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

whatculture.com have revealed that Wrestlemania 31 will be held in Santa Clara, California, in the Levi's Stadium, home of the '49ers.

NBC let slip that Cowboy's Stadium, Dallas Texas is likely to be the venue for 32.

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-wrestlemania-31-32-locations-revealed.php

EDIT: Mania 31 now being tweeted about by WWE, and confirmed on wwe.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com attended last night's RAW in Seattle and noted that many Hulk Hogan videos were shown while RAW was on commercial break. Dave Meltzer added that there's a reason for this and apparently it's being done to hype Hogan's eventual WWE return.

http://nodq.com/wwe/388693897.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Hulkamania lives forever, Brother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

Only just finished their radio show and unless i wasn't listening closely they never mentioned Hogan on the show although i would still expect him to be back for mania.

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    Only just finished their radio show and unless i wasn't listening closely they never mentioned Hogan on the show although i would still expect him to be back for mania.

It was mentioned. But it is certainly doesn't require a headline. Slow day newz day. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

My bad never heard that.
    :o

• Advertisement

Christian did a WWE exclusive video saying he'd been out of action due to concussions symptoms, and also because his wife just gave birth to a baby girl. He said that's the first and last time you'll hear him discussing his personal life. Congratulations to them.

Video here:
    http://www.wwe.com/videos/christian-shares-major-news-wwecom-exclusive-dec-9-2013-26169381

Fair play

The latest Cole-Triple H sitdown:

http://www.wwe.com/videos/triple-h-guarantees-one-winner-at-wwe-tlc-wwecom-exclusive-dec-11-2013-26169674
    WWE COO Triple H calls the Champion of Champions bout between John Cena and Randy Orton at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders & Chairs the "biggest match ever".

Chris Nowinski calls for children to be banned from heading a football -

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25362744

Edit - He's in Dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Apparently Vince McMahon wasn't happy with Daniel Bryan's reaction on Raw this past monday, during the championship ascension ceremony

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1888299-report-vince-mcmahon-upset-with-massive-reaction-to-daniel-bryan-on-raw?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_wwe&utm_source=twitter.com

While the company knew that Bryan would be popular in Seattle, nobody had any idea that the fans were going to take over the show to this degree. Vince McMahon was very upset as it was going on, but John Cena was back there with him in the gorilla position telling him that it was OK and to let the fans enjoy themselves.

IF that story is true, Vince can f*** off.

And actually full respect to Triple H for acknowledging it and giving the crowd a minute to let their voices heard.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

^ tbh it only says he was very upset, maybe he thought it would affect what was a very big/important angle they had planned. That is also talking about how he was at the time, with everything still going to plan and HHH reacting well to the crowd and Cena even able to use their reaction to further his promo in retrospect he probably wasnt too annoyed.

I don't really get it though how could Cena be back in Gorilla beside him when it was going on if he was in the ring with Bryan and the others at the time of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Apparently Vince McMahon wasn't happy with Daniel Bryan's reaction on Raw this past monday, during the championship ascension ceremony

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1888299-report-vince-mcmahon-upset-with-massive-reaction-to-daniel-bryan-on-raw?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=br_wwe&utm_source=twitter.com

Fairly sure I said something like this in the Raw thread. WWE didnt tell the people to cheer for him so much so they wont be happy about it overshadowing the segment.

I don't really get it though how could Cena be back in Gorilla beside him when it was going on if he was in the ring with Bryan and the others at the time of it?

All the former champs were in the ring before Cena and Orton's music hit.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Charisteas wrote: »
    All the former champs were in the ring before Cena and Orton's music hit.

a yes, then I would imagine it was just Vince worrying that the massive pro Bryan crowd would sh!t on his huge Raw finish and what would be the start of their road to Wrestlemania angles.

If we see a report about him being p!ssed afterwards because of the Bryan chants etc then I would be annoyed as tbh The finish to the show went off perfectly and was probably actually better for it imo (and most who youd find on a PW forum id imagine).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

I wonder if they always intended to play triple h's music at the end or just done it to stop the Bryan chants. Seemed a tad out of place to me, dead air would've suited the situation better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,793 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wondered that as well then I realised He's John Cena, in the same way Batman's actions can always be explained just by saying he's Batman

Meltzer is reporting that AJ Lee maybe in major trouble after throwing a jealously fit over CM Punk talking to Michelle Denise Beadle (a US celebrity sports broadcaster) at the recording of WWE Tribute of the Troops. Caused a huge scene. WWE loves celebrities above all else so I'd be amazed if AJ isn't punished or doesn't drop the title tonight at TLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Meltzer is reporting that AJ Lee maybe in major trouble after throwing a jealously fit over CM Punk talking to Michelle Denise Beadle (a US celebrity sports broadcaster) at the recording of WWE Tribute of the Troops. Caused a huge scene. WWE loves celebrities above all else so I'd be amazed if AJ isn't punished or doesn't drop the title tonight at TLC.
    Is punk knocking her off now?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is punk knocking her off now?

Has been for like a year or so.

CM Punk took her side and is unhappy with WWE (when is he ever happy :P). He keeps tweeting stuff like this:

wkn2ig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

So AJs crazy gimmick is an extension of her real life! Ha ha

PS punk gets some tail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

They're well suited for each other! I'm delighted for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Did AJ and yer wan have a cat fight by chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

I've a lot of issues with Punk but I can't imagine the sociopath would take her side unless he genuinely felt she was done wrongly by. Expecting to hear more about this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

9/1 Natalya with Powers:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Rjd2 wrote: »
    9/1 Natalya with Powers:eek:

Has to be worth a 5 quid accumulator with The Wyatts and Big E winning too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement