Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hot Yoga

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

allgirlz wrote: »
    I went to Bikram in Coolmine last week, I got the introductory offer but unfortunately since I have been I have gotten a major flare up of whiplash from a car accident last year. I had a chat with one of the girls working there and she told me to leave it a few days, my physio has told me to knock it on the head. Am raging, i really enjoyed the class and the facility is great. Anyone thinking about going should try it out but be aware if you have pre-existing injuries.

But it's super for pre-existing conditions!

My doctor advised my friend that it would be brilliant for his dodgy back.

Seriously, I'd check with your GP, not just your physio.....it would be a pity for you to miss out on something so wonderful :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭allgirlz

amdublin wrote: »
    But it's super for pre-existing conditions!

My doctor advised my friend that it would be brilliant for his dodgy back.

Seriously, I'd check with your GP, not just your physio.....it would be a pity for you to miss out on something so wonderful :)
    Not for me unfortunately, have been in serious pain all weekend. Am back on painkilling meds which I have not been near in months! Am going to play safe and stay away for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

Not for me unfortunately, have been in serious pain all weekend. Am back on painkilling meds which I have not been near in months! Am going to play safe and stay away for now.

Yes you are right to be cautious. Everyone's body is different..... Only you know how you are feeling after class.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,649 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Yes you are right to be cautious. Everyone's body is different..... Only you know how you are feeling after class.

Yes you're right.

I just don't want people missing out the great feeling from bikram :o

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭StrawDub

Hi hot yoga people

I was interested in starting this class I play a lot of gaelic football and my hips are pretty tight. How do you find bikram for opening the hips?

I would be aiming to do the class once a week to fit in with my other training, how strenuous is it or do you find yourself energised the next day?

I currently do a yoga class in my gym but nothing like what I have read on here.

Thanks for any opinions

• Advertisement

StrawDub wrote: »
    Hi hot yoga people

I was interested in starting this class I play a lot of gaelic football and my hips are pretty tight. How do you find bikram for opening the hips?

I would be aiming to do the class once a week to fit in with my other training, how strenuous is it or do you find yourself energised the next day?

I currently do a yoga class in my gym but nothing like what I have read on here.

Thanks for any opinions

My hips are tight too - particularly on my left side. I find that gradually over time the Bikram has helped with this BUT I think you might need to go more then once a week to give your body time to help in this area.

I would sign up for the 49 euro 30 day offer and go as many times as possible in the 30 days before making a decision about how many days would work for you.

Bikram says you should go for 60 days straight for most benefits!!!!

amdublin wrote: »

I just don't want people missing out the great feeling from bikram :o

The feeling that we all go back to get more of!!!!!:)

New classes added! 10am Monday morning & Saturday 9am.

Monday morning might suit mammies now that kids are back in school!

Anyone from this forum ever sign up to try Hot Yoga (or Sweat Camp as I like to call it ;)!)

How are you getting on with it?

Any weight loss to report????

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but any recent reviews on this?
    I assume there are shower facilities? What are they like?

• Advertisement

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but any recent reviews on this?
    I assume there are shower facilities? What are they like?

Good shower/changing rooms/facilities

Advertisement