Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Non shed Dogs

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

reading this thread has made me want to know about the Irish Water Spaniel, they look fabulous. Do they need working or is recreational water sport enough for them and are they really low shed or is that they have hair like a poodle rather than fur?
    thanks to poster.
    They're an 200 yr old poodle cross, and they're non-shed, as far as I know. The guy I knew who bred them had them just for showing, but he sold pups to pet households and to homes where they'd be used as working dogs. He said that they're great with kids when they're reared with them, have a high pain tolerance, but that they do need a fair bit of exercise. I'm sure that a couple of good long walks a day with some games thrown in would do them grand, and I bet they'd love agility or flyball. The coat would need to be clipped, and it's so soft that you'd hardly know you were touching it (I'd very happily wear an IWS hair jumper).

I desperately want one, I just haven't got the room at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

amiable wrote: »
    Thanks but i sort of have my mind made up now[/QUOTE
    so op are you going with the wheaten terrier, i hope so they're amazing dogs. if you have any queries, let me now.
    i got my guy from done deal a year ago from a great breeder in sligo. best place to check.
    dont forget when looking at the pics there are different coat types, we obviously get the irish coat over here (which is the nicest and fells like silk). i can post some pic of my guy if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Hey
    Our Jackapoo is non shed, due to his poodle dad.
    They're medium sized and very happy, friendly dogs.
    Pics00002.jpg

Pics00003.jpg

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Cute dog but theres no such thing as a Jackapoo, its a poodle or jack russell cross.

Oh I know that.
    Its just a made up name we have for him..........
    But ok
    Our Jack Russell/Miniature Poodle cross is non-shed.
    Bloody Breed Nazis ;);)

HB

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 JaneyJ

He's very cute - looks a bit like our cairn cross

People always assume he is part cairn :)

HB

Advertisement