Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford GAA Discussion Thread 2011-2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭seananigans

please remove this troll

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

If Scully Ryanis the best we can get we may throw our hats at it. Galway(who we've never lost to) Dublin ( who we are better than) and Cork(who a procession of decent managers made us realise we were better than) all beat Kilkenny in the last year. Why are we clapping ourselves on the back for not beating them?

Again Cork are unbeaten against Waterford in their last three matches including two league matches and the championship last year.Waterfords forwards are not as good as Corks Limericks and Clares and the performances this year would back up that theory.Waterford do have some promising forwards but they weren't quite ready for championship hurling this year.

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭doz

please remove this troll

Am starting to suspect this may be another re-incarnation of a former poster!

Yes he failed.

There's no point in me arguing with you anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭sid wallace

Again Cork are unbeaten against Waterford in their last three matches including two league matches and the championship last year.Waterfords forwards are not as good as Corks Limericks and Clares and the performances this year would back up that theory.Waterford do have some promising forwards but they weren't quite ready for championship hurling this year.

Well maybe if the manager had the confidence of the best forwards in the county we would have better forwards than the counties you refer to.

• Advertisement

Waterford were a puck of the ball away from beating Kilkenny and Michael Ryan was inches away from being the first Waterford manager to beat Kilkenny since John Keane in 1959.There's a fine margin between being a hero and the most useless gobsh!te going if your posts are anything to go by!

We are not Kilkenny ,we never will be I hope not anyway, turning up for finals only ? blowing out cody for having a tough year ? I hope that type of behaviour is never seen south of the suire

OFC we want to win ,and when it happens it'll be 10 times all off KK/Tipps?cork's wins together

but im just happy to have a team with our pluck, our fight, our determination ,what has upset me more than anything ,is that the values i associate with my home has been eroded by a group of players who will be quickly forgotten as a dark chapter if they get their own way .

I went to the last match in thurles and was beaming with pride,because we lost like men (instead of winning poorly) and my father echoed my sentiments in saying he felt pride to be represented like that.

my father was around 12 the last time we did it, and held the trophy 2 days later in frankie welschs house, being his senior clubmate , in a time you listened on the radio and even being in the presence of liam was not worth a photo.

after all the years of waiting if he can accept our year and be proud, I know I am

There's no point in me arguing with you anymore!

can we please continue to report this individual until they are removed, even if they are from Waterford they do not represent Waterford , like a kk supporter from ferrybank

We are not Kilkenny ,we never will be I hope not anyway, turning up for finals only ? blowing out cody for having a tough year ? I hope that type of behaviour is never seen south of the suire

OFC we want to win ,and when it happens it'll be 10 times all off KK/Tipps?cork's wins together

but im just happy to have a team with our pluck, our fight, our determination ,what has upset me more than anything ,is that the values i associate with my home has been eroded by a group of players who will be quickly forgotten as a dark chapter if they get their own way .

I went to the last match in thurles and was beaming with pride,because we lost like men (instead of winning poorly) and my father echoed my sentiments in saying he felt pride to be represented like that.

my father was around 12 the last time we did it, and held the trophy 2 days later in frankie welschs house, being his senior clubmate , in a time you listened on the radio and even being in the presence of liam was not worth a photo.

after all the years of waiting if he can accept our year and be proud, I know I am
    What a crock of defeatist nonsense. No wonder we win nothing.

All i ask from the players that go out and represent my club and county is that they go out and do their best and give a good account of themselves and anything else after that is a bonus.This fella that is slating Michael Ryan seems to think that Waterford have a devine right to win all irelands.Waterford Cork and Kilkenny have no right to anything.All irelands are the results of years of hard work and application and a little bit of luck on the way.

What a crock of defeatist nonsense. No wonder we win nothing.

We have won nothing because we haven't been good enough, with the possible exception of 2007. I think most decent Waterford fans would accept that. I am really intrigued by where you have pulled this idea that we should have won an AI this year from, it's one of the oddest posts I've seen on here.

• Advertisement

All i ask from the players that go out and represent my club and county is that they go out and do their best and give a good account of themselves and anything else after that is a bonus.This fella that is slating Michael Ryan seems to think that Waterford have a devine right to win all irelands.Waterford Cork and Kilkenny have no right to anything.All irelands are the results of years of hard work and application and a little bit of luck on the way.

We have no divine right to win an All Ireland. But we would have had a genuine chance of winning one this year if we had a proper manager

doz wrote: »
    We have won nothing because we haven't been good enough, with the possible exception of 2007. I think most decent Waterford fans would accept that. I am really intrigued by where you have pulled this idea that we should have won an AI this year from, it's one of the oddest posts I've seen on here.

STOP.FEEDING.THE.TROLL

Please respond to none of this individuals arguments and report everything they write

Do you genuinely think we are inferior to the rest of the teams left inthe championship?

Do you genuinely think we are inferior to the rest of the teams left in the championship?

I genuinely think that we are short in the forwards compared to the remaining counties. We are missing a top quality centre forward, a full forward and at least one corner forward. This is borne out by the scores put up by those counties and the scores we have been putting up. That does not mean we won't improve for next year but those are the facts as it stands. We simply shoot too many silly wides and that is not down to Michael Ryan or the management team.

I genuinely think that we are short in the forwards compared to the remaining counties. We are missing a top quality centre forward, a full forward and at least one corner forward. This is borne out by the scores put up by those counties and the scores we have been putting up. That does not mean we won't improve for next year but those are the facts as it stands. We simply shoot too many silly wides and that is not down to Michael Ryan or the management team.

And what if Mullane and Molumphy were playing?

why are you feeding the troll?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Motivator

Do you not think that if they had a proper coach they may have hit less wides? No?

What a ridiculous comment, these players are on the Waterford panel because they're the best players in the county. Michael Ryan's job is to pick the best players available to him, against Clare he did that & yet you're blaming him because the players he picked couldn't score on the day? What a bull**** argument. Against Clare it just didn't happen on the day for Waterford, & I suppose you're going to blame Michael Ryan for Moran's U12 primary game type error that led to the 2nd Clare goal are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭albert kidd

we are no worse then clare in the forwards imo doz.

why are you feeding the troll?

Why can't you engage with someone who holds a contrary opinion.

Motivator wrote: »
    What a ridiculous comment, these players are on the Waterford panel because they're the best players in the county. Michael Ryan's job is to pick the best players available to him, against Clare he did that & yet you're blaming him because the players he picked couldn't score on the day? What a bull**** argument. Against Clare it just didn't happen on the day for Waterford, & I suppose you're going to blame Michael Ryan for Moran's U12 primary game type error that led to the 2nd Clare goal are you?

What part of Troll and stop feeding do you people not understand ?

• Advertisement

And what if Mullane and Molumphy were playing?

All ifs and buts, they chose to make themselves unavailable, but I suppose Molumphy being on Army duty was Ryan's fault as well? Molumphy, while a great player, is not a scorer and is best placed at midfield IMO.

All ifs and buts, they chose to make themselves unavailable, but I suppose Molumphy being on Army duty was Ryan's fault as well? Molumphy, while a great player, is not a scorer and is best placed at midfield IMO.

FFS are you deaf blind? please stop reacting to this individual !

we are no worse then clare in the forwards imo doz.

I would have held that view after we played them but having seen them against Galway and some of them in the under 21 game I would say that they are a little bit ahead of us. Honan has really come on this year and Kelly and Podge Collins are a joy to watch. But I expect Jake Dillon, Gavin O'Brien, Brian O'Halloran and Jamie Barron will make a big step up next year with the experience of this year, albeit somewhat limited in O'Halloran's case due to his injuries. I would also hope that Paudie Mahony can put his injuries behind him and return to his 2011 form.

While I don't agree with a lot of what he has written, i don't consider it trolling and he is not likely to be subject to any action based on anything he was written so far IMO.

While I don't agree with a lot of what he has written, i don't consider it trolling and he is not likely to be subject to any action based on anything he was written so far IMO.

and if you dont react to his BS he will go away ,so please stop reacting

Do you always react like this when someone disagrees with you ?

I don't think Molumphy had any major issues being released from military duties under previous managements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

I don't think Molumphy had any major issues being released from military duties under previous managements.

Yeah the army just didn't like Michael Ryan, that's why they sent him to the Lebanon :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Liberty Way

All ye Waterford hurling fans in the know is there any truth in Mullane sustaining a serious injury this evening in the game v Lismore???:eek: :eek:

• Advertisement

Yeah the army just didn't like Michael Ryan, that's why they sent him to the Lebanon :rolleyes:
    STOP FEEDING THE ****ING TROLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement