Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

gsmarena always include rumoured devices. the status should be included so I would take what's on it with a pinch of salt.

well be waiting a while its not usually announced til August or September?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

thomasj wrote: »
    gsmarena always include rumoured devices. the status should be included so I would take what's on it with a pinch of salt.

well be waiting a while its not usually announced til August or September?

Yeah I heard it's been released around August or September. gsmarena could make changes to the specs when it does come out but at least we know it'll b on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

It should be announced at IFA 2014(5.-10. September) in Berlin. Definitely looking forward. I wanted to get LG G3 but decided to wait for Note 4.

kave2 wrote: »
    It should be announced at IFA 2014(5.-10. September) in Berlin. Definitely looking forward. I wanted to get LG G3 but decided to wait for Note 4.

I can't wait either. Hope ur right about the announcement?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

kave2 wrote: »

I think the unpacked event is scheduled for September 3rd, gonna be very interesting to see the form factor of the screen after a Samsung exec let slip that it's a brand new screen form factor which wouldn't mean curved either as they've already done that,
    Also gonna be the first screen with uhd a 64bit chip, I'll have to wait till the note 5 unfortunately as I'm in a contract till September 2015 with my note 3 😢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm due an upgrade around the release date, happy days !

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ianofitz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

ianofitz wrote: »
    Cannot wait for this.

I'm also due an upgrade around the release date. My Note 2 is starting to give in so it'll be well needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

So Samsung's unpacked event is scheduled for September 3rd, I've been sitting on an upgrade for a few months now, was considering the iPhone 6, but also toying with going back to the Note (had the Note 2, loved it).

What do people think? The rumours as per here: http://gizmodo.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4-rumor-roundup-everything-we-thin-1616936073 seem pretty amazing...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,647 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I've been out of the Android side of things for 2 years (having experimented with Windows Phone), but I think I'm going to get one of these on release.

WP is full of potential - fast, no lag, clean OS - and the 6" Lumia 1320 I have now is a fantastic phone for video and someone like me with stubby fingers :p but the lack of local apps and the ongoing promises that the NEXT update will fix this, or bring that (usually only to catch-up with things already available on Android/IOS) is starting to grate so I'm thinking I'll move back with this one.

Given that my last Droid was a Note 2 I'm hoping some of the other issues - gradual performance degradation mostly - have since been fixed as well!

I can't wait till this is announced next Wednesday and then come out. Are people expecting the specs as they are here http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-6434.php ?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

I would absolute love to buy this. I currently own a Note 3 and its by far the best device I've ever had, can't justify shelling out another €700 plus only a year after it though, completely broken camera or not :(

I still can't wait to see it though.. I hope this is accurate as it looks amazing!
    Nw3DYPn.jpg

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I would absolute love to buy this. I currently own a Note 3 and its by far the best device I've ever had, can't justify shelling out another €700 plus only a year after it though, completely broken camera or not :(

I still can't wait to see it though.. I hope this is accurate as it looks amazing!
    Nw3DYPn.jpg
    Hey there just curious where you got the leaked picture from cause I would like to read the article.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Looks amazing. I'm ready to sign up for preorder :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Hey there just curious where you got the leaked picture from cause I would like to read the article.

I honestly can't remember. It was just something I found while I did a bit of a google the other day, so I'd nearly bet my house that it's not real :pac:

This looks far more likely
    UxmiGIe.jpg
    MAiALx9.jpg

I'm loving both tbh :pac:

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    I honestly can't remember. It was just something I found while I did a bit of a google the other day, so I'd nearly bet my house that it's not real :pac:

This looks far more likely
    UxmiGIe.jpg
    MAiALx9.jpg

I'm loving both tbh :pac:
    I have the note 3 too not even a year so I'm only teasing myself really. Can't wait for the announcement Though.
    I think I'll console myself with a moto 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I've been out of the Android side of things for 2 years (having experimented with Windows Phone), but I think I'm going to get one of these on release.

WP is full of potential - fast, no lag, clean OS - and the 6" Lumia 1320 I have now is a fantastic phone for video and someone like me with stubby fingers :p but the lack of local apps and the ongoing promises that the NEXT update will fix this, or bring that (usually only to catch-up with things already available on Android/IOS) is starting to grate so I'm thinking I'll move back with this one.

Given that my last Droid was a Note 2 I'm hoping some of the other issues - gradual performance degradation mostly - have since been fixed as well!

Yeah I'm in the same boat. Been using 6" Lumia 1520 since January. Little small things starting to annoy me but I'll definitely miss the camera and glance screen. I think 6" screen is too big, 5.7/5.9" is just about right for me I think.
    leemaree wrote: »
    I can't wait till this is announced next Wednesday and then come out. Are people expecting the specs as they are here http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note_4-6434.php ?

Yeah I'd be fairly certain thats the spec and there will be no major surprises.

SamMobile is good for getting exclusives. Probably the best site to keep an eye on in the lead up to the reveal next week.

Anyone know what the Note 3 cost when it was first released? I'm guessing the note 4 will be around €700 from the likes of Clove at first?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

will it take long for irish carriers to get this in? id also like to know how much the note 3 was on release in ireland

I purchased the Note 3 on the 24/9/2013. It was pre-order and cost €659.99 with O2.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭pinkstars

markad1 wrote: »
    I purchased the Note 3 on the 24/9/2013. It was pre-order and cost €659.99 with O2.

Anyone know of a release date? I'm willing to pay the $£€€€€$ !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

pinkstars wrote: »
    Anyone know of a release date? I'm willing to pay the $£€€€€$ !!!!

I expect you will have a good idea by tomorrow night

I read somewhere it's expected to be in shops within 2 weeks from the launch event.
    Now if that happens here I'll be amazed :rolleyes:

leemaree wrote: »
    That's only a pre order and not available till the 15th of October. They'll only start manufacturing tomorrow when they get the specific dimensions.
    They're just trying to beat the competition.

will it take long for irish carriers to get this in? id also like to know how much the note 3 was on release in ireland

I reckon the Galaxy Note 4 will b released between 15 and 21 Sept

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

Im defo upgrading from the note 2. Love the 2 alot and its defo the best phone ive used. Another 2 years with the note 4 will be great.

• Advertisement

It mention on this site http://thegalaxynote4.com/ that it be around €600

Advertisement