Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Community - Season 5 [US] **Spoilers!!**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Ratings went up this week

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Really liked that episode, only thing was why didn't they analyse the handwritten notes handwriting

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Was fun to see Community riff on all those grim crime thrillers, with Zodiac being the stronger influence, and the tone & register was just perfect - you compare with season 4 where everyone acted like ... well, like there was a gas leak haha. Here instead the characters were measured just right, with some great laughs along the way. The return of Duncan was welcome too and hopefully will compensate for the eventual loss of Troy.

Still though, what a sucker-punch of an ending amid all the fun of the Ass Crack Bandit; (spoiler texting for now just to save blushes)
    while I didn't expect him to return - the cameo being a nice touch - killing Pearce off was such a shock. Especially off-screen. I wonder perhaps if this might be the catalyst for characters to finally move on, particularly Troy who was closer to Pearce than the others. Funeral episode next week I guess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I am loving Ben Folds' Ass Crack Bandit song, been humming it since I watched the episode. Hope a full version is released!

I'm so happy with the first 3 episodes! Much better than season 4 so far (and I liked a lot of S4 eps).

Warning: This next bit includes spoilers for both episode 3 and future episodes. Don't read if you don't want to know future spoilers.
    Wasn't shocked about Pierce being killed off, but it was disarming how it came out of nowhere, amidst all the frivolity around the ACB. Next episode will be an important one I feel. Especially seeing as episode 5 is the "floor is lava" one, so episode 4 will have to cover why Troy is leaving as well as aftermath of Pierce.

Another week, another good set up but once again laughs are few and far between. Duncan was responsiable for the majority of the best lines and while the way they spoofed every generic crime procedural was fun, it was hardly original and would have worked better at half the length.

The
    death of Pierce
    was rather unexpected and I hope that the shoe does something with it and the effect it will have on the characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

Loved this weeks episode, but I love most Jeff/Annie episodes anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Last week's was a welcome return to form..

.. but this week was the Community I knew and loved!

Absurd, though well aware of it, and hilarious - more of this please!

PS - funny to see Ben Folds too as have been on a binge of his music lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

thought this week was unbelievable. So funny.

Bend over with friends over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭MOH

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I couldn't figure out what exactly they were paying homage to, I thought it was Scandinavian TV. Knowing will make the rewatch more enjoyable.

You might have a point there. I haven't got around to watching The Bridge yet, but the shows Abed was deleting of the PVR at the end included 4 episodes of the American remake.

Was worried at the start that it was going to be a little too juvenile, but they played it very well. Really enjoyed that. Wasn't quite as good as last week, but still laughed out loud at least 3 times, which honestly beats all of last season combined.

Only downer was that the morons put a still of Troy facing
    Starburns
    on Facebook within an hour of the show ending, so major spoiler there. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Re-watched the episode again when it wasn't 3am in the morning and on second watch, I think this is one of the strongest episodes in the whole 5 series. So many great interactions between the different characters and some fantastic lines...

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭sumtings

Re-watched the episode again when it wasn't 3am in the morning and on second watch, I think this is one of the strongest episodes in the whole 5 series. So many great interactions between the different characters and some fantastic lines...

I felt the same, I was going to agree that it was just a filler episode but rewatched it before I posted, thankfully, and it was so dense and full of,as you said, fantastic lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭BlurstMonkey

Absolutely excellent. I rewatched Zodiac only last week so this was extra good. The delivery when reading the note was pitch perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭MOH

"Oh, an American high five".

Must remember that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Brilliant episode, it really had the feel of a Season 2 theme episode. I think I'd put it in my all time top episodes.

When I first watched it I thought the Pierce reveal was a bit random and out of place but when I thought about it, it was actually really clever and lampshaded how silly the whole investigation was perfectly. The song was brilliant too, and all the secondary characters are back to their best.

There's only two more Troy episodes left now, but from what we've seen I'm really optimistic about this season. Johnathan Banks has fit so well into the show.

phasers wrote: »
    Brilliant episode, it really had the feel of a Season 2 theme episode. I think I'd put it in my all time top episodes.

When I first watched it I thought the Pierce reveal was a bit random and out of place but when I thought about it, it was actually really clever and lampshaded how silly the whole investigation was perfectly. The song was brilliant too, and all the secondary characters are back to their best.

There's only two more Troy episodes left now, but from what we've seen I'm really optimistic about this season. Johnathan Banks has fit so well into the show.

I actually thought the Pearce thing gelled really well. It stuck well within the theme the show went for. Say even with Finchers Zodiac (which was absolutely one of the main influences here), the film doesn't come to a conclusion. The Zodiac killer is never caught, it fizzles out, people drift away... the main suspect dies before being brought to justice... :eek:

Look at the end of Seven (Fincher) for another unexpected death that happens toward the end of the film. It's completely unlooked for but has a huge impact.

I'm seriously impressed, I don't think it was random, I think it was pretty masterful.

I actually thought the Pearce thing gelled really well. It stuck well within the theme the show went for. Say even with Finchers Zodiac (which was absolutely one of the main influences here), the film doesn't come to a conclusion. The Zodiac killer is never caught, it fizzles out, people drift away... the main suspect dies before being brought to justice... :eek:

Look at the end of Seven (Fincher) for another unexpected death that happens toward the end of the film. It's completely unlooked for but has a huge impact.

I'm seriously impressed, I don't think it was random, I think it was pretty masterful.

Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Pierce was the Ass Crack Bandit!!!!! Dun dun DUUUUUN

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Are you saying what I think you're saying?

Pierce was the Ass Crack Bandit!!!!! Dun dun DUUUUUN

:pac:

We'll never know for sure! Just like with the Zodiac killer.
    Pierce was banned from Greendale (possibly for the duration of a year?) and the ACB (nice riff on the ABC killer moniker) halted his spree. The new spree ended when Pierce died. It's all ambiguous in keeping with the spirit of the episode.

Such quality packed into so few minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Ben Folds said there is a full length version of the ass crack bandit song, 4mins long. Can't wait for that to be released.

• 86h7dc.gif

Excuse me while I never sleep again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

86h7dc.gif

Excuse me while I never sleep again.
    This extra-long churro tastes good in my REAL mouth!

Also, this gif = large proportion of the Community fandom.

tumblr_inline_mghp6oFSsU1rdfpw9.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just heard that Vince Gilligan doing a guest spot on the show soon, he didn't give away what sort of character he is playing, but it won't be as himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Just heard that Vince Gilligan doing a guest spot on the show soon, he didn't give away what sort of character he is playing, but it won't be as himself.

:)

excited-baby.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Picture from tomorrows episode: http://i.imgur.com/Q0XDT7J.jpg
    I really like how they're not just brushing Pierce's death under the rug and moving on.

Picture from tomorrows episode: http://i.imgur.com/Q0XDT7J.jpg
    I really like how they're not just brushing Pierce's death under the rug and moving on.

SPOILERY SPECULATION ABOUT THIS WEEK'S EPISODE
    Is that an Energon pod?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Tonight's episode is entitled "Cooperative Polygraphy" and Im looking forward to one special guest in particular ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Can't wait for this! Loved last week's episode. Loved the madness and craziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭omicron

Fairly weak episode compared to the last few I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

That was great. Community at its best.
    Consistently funny the entire way through, plenty of running jokes from the earlier seasons, we get a conclusion to Pierce's story, and a more than satisfactory reason behind Troy's departure.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

God bless Walter Goggins but that was a bit of a drop from the last two alright.

Advertisement