Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inset boiler replacement

Options
  • 19-10-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi guys
    family member needs boiler replacement. Currently he has a baxi bermuda boiler and fire front fitted into fireplace / chimney. I was making enquiries this morning and was told that the only replacement allowed is a wall mounted boiler, ie no more boilers in fireplaces. Also if he wants a gas fire, without boiler in fireplace then the steel flue liner that was installed for the boiler MUST be removed.

Can anyone confirm Both of the above please.

Tnx in advance

t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Any help guys ?? i see baxi are producing fireplace inset boiler replacements, so i was wondering, if the information i was given was because the rules here are different to those in UK
    t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Your family member may have been given some incorrect advice. Baxi do a replacement He unit for the boiler. See http://www.baxi.co.uk/Baxi-Bermuda-Back-Boiler.htm.

The only issue you may have is a condensate discharge but this can generally be overcome with a soakaway outside unless the unit is in a party wall. The other issue is that the flue will have to be lined with a stainless steel liner suitable for condensing boilers. This should also be approved by the manufacturer and is usually bought as a package with the boiler.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

many thanks Shane
    t

Advertisement