Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tekkit Survival Server [Dedicated Server]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

I wish I could Nim, nothing I can do unfortunately :( I have asked them in chat, what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

Mak_United wrote: »
    I wish I could Nim, nothing I can do unfortunately :( I have asked them in chat, what is going on.

has it died like this before?

Its something on there end.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Problems on their end, they are working on it atm :D

I'll be honest lads, server has ate the poo poo.

Everything being backed up as we speak so nothing will be lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I'll be honest lads, server has ate the poo poo.

Everything being backed up as we speak so nothing will be lost.

This was probably due to the attacks yesterday, a few files are probably corrupt

Kenno90 wrote: »
    This was probably due to the attacks yesterday, a few files are probably corrupt

Oh no, come on Skype. You'll love this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

whitelist please :)

xenon560

Xenon560 wrote: »
    whitelist please :)

xenon560

I'll get someone to whitelist you, my launcher is broke.

However, I'll tell someone to whitlist you.

GOOD NEWS!

We're migrating to a new server, the current crowd really has pissed us off.

Expect a new IP in a day or so. :)

Currently setting up a new server. There will be a slight rollback of 3 hours.

P.S. Nitrous-Networks are dirt. Worst hosting company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Will you be updating to the latest version?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Nathan0c99

BX 19 wrote: »
    Xiz9Jl.png?1
    what texture pack is that? its pretty nice:D

We'll leave the poll up till 2moro evening around 2/3pm.

If you's want the current map then it will be transferred to the new server at that time and the current server will be shut down. So there will be a downtime of about an hour or so.

I will then give you's the new IP address and you's will then be able to log in. You will need to update your launcher to 3.1.2 latest build in order to join as well.

All your builds will be safe and intact when you log in, I also hope to keep your inventory's, but I cannot guarantee this, so what I advice you to do is put all your valuables into a chest in your house, factory and it will be there for you when you log in.

Anyways, on to the issue on why we have had to do this.

We where with Nitrous-Networks. We had the server package which gave us 1GB of ram, also allowing us to accommodate 25 players. We where planning on upgrading to 2GB to lessen lag and strain on the server. This evening, as some of you know, the server was shut-down, (disabled for us) and not one of us could restart it etc. So we got in touch with them. They had disabled the server because they had a problem on there end which was giving us 4.5GB of ram. (Which I doubt, considering lag and server warning).

This, for me, pi**ed me off. How dare they disable the server, without any notice because they have a problem on there end. It would have stayed the same as well, had we not submitted a ticket. Anyways, we were grand after that, until we realised that they had DISABLED are logging plugin(Allows us to rollback griefing etc), without even consulting us first, and also installing one of there own plugins which disabled XP, arrows, boats, carts, pictures along with alot of other stuff. We can't even delete the plugin as we 'Don't have permission'.

So yea, we have cancelled are invoice with them and have set up a new hosting server with pieserv, already they have been a great help to myself and sausageandeggs on setting up tekkit etc along with sql databases. So lets look forward to a better server.

Nitrous-networks have no respect towards the client, disabling servers without notice or an email as well as removing and installing plugins without the clients go ahead.

Don't recommend them at all. -10/10. Steer well clear of them if you are looking at starting up a server.

:)

Nathan0c99 wrote: »
    what texture pack is that? its pretty nice:D

Check this post :)

In fairness I think new people will want a map reset . While the people that have been with us for the last few weeks will want to keep it

If people want a new map then fair enough , we'll do a reset but a lot of people have spend ages planning and creating their builds

• Registered Users Posts: 17,568 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

In fairness I think new people will want a map reset . While the people that have been with us for the last few weeks will want to keep it

If people want a new map then fair enough , we'll do a reset but a lot of people have spend ages planning and creating their builds

Yeah I think its a bit early to do a rollback, yes some of us have capped out on quantum and gem armour but theres still loads left to build and do

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah I think its a bit early to do a rollback, yes some of us have capped out on quantum and gem armour but theres still loads left to build and do

Ye true, i care more about what the regulars think rather then the poll results...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I'd suggest a map reset and to disable EE completely, or at least turn a lot of the stuff off:

-Energy Collectors
    -Antimatter Relays
    -Red Matter Tools
    -Red Matter Armour
    -Gem Armour
    -All the rings and amulets

While its a lot of fun, its completely overpowered and makes the game way too easy after a couple of days.

deconduo wrote: »
    I'd suggest a map reset and to disable EE completely, or at least turn a lot of the stuff off:

-Energy Collectors
    -Antimatter Relays
    -Red Matter Tools
    -Red Matter Armour
    -Gem Armour

While its a lot of fun, its completely overpowered and makes the game way too easy after a couple of days.

Not a bad idea, i'd love to remove the Energy collectors, it basically gives unlimited items, and takes the fun out of mining.

What do other people think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Not a bad idea, i'd love to remove the Energy collectors, it basically gives unlimited items, and takes the fun out of mining.

What do other people think?

I think it should be left to the person as to how they want to play their own game. It doesn't affect anyone elses game if someone has loads of diamond thanks to collector hives. With the nerf of uranium early collectors are not as beneficial as they were anyway.

MagicSean wrote: »
    I think it should be left to the person as to how they want to play their own game. It doesn't affect anyone elses game if someone has loads of diamond thanks to collector hives. With the nerf of uranium early collectors are not as beneficial as they were anyway.

Don't think that would work as soon as people see what others have they'll want to make them. Besides i logged on yesterday to see that someone started a beginner hut

Inside the chests contained full diamond armour , diamond tools , and stacks of food

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Don't recommend them at all. -10/10. Steer well clear of them if you are looking at starting up a server.

:)

Have you told them this? You might as well give them a piece of your mind while informing them that you have notified the users of your server.

-Energy Collectors
    -Antimatter Relays
    -Red Matter Tools
    -Red Matter Armour
    -Gem Armour

Red matter armour and tools dont give that much of an advantage and if your turning off energy collectors/relays they are gonna be alot harder to get, same with the rings and amulets

-Energy Collectors
    -Antimatter Relays
    -Red Matter Tools
    -Red Matter Armour
    -Gem Armour

What about the big thing you've built? :(

I disagree with turning off that much stuff, maybe if theres a full reset starting out that way but turning it off when so many, myself included, have made healthy use of it is silly

Right my 2 cents on the matter

- EE is a bit overpowered, I would agree with most of the list that dec had to be removed.
    - Many servers remove EE entirely because of the above.
    - Swiftwolfs ring makes it too easy to move around, it's survival!

However, I'll be more then happy to work with the majority of what people want, like MagicSean said, its very much your own game and what you wan't to do.

BX 19 wrote: »
    - EE is a bit overpowered, I would agree with most of the list that dec had to be removed.
    - Many servers remove EE entirely because of the above.
    - Swiftwolfs ring makes it too easy to move around, it's survival!

Again making a swiftwolf without access to EE is a much bigger investment, similar to making quantum without EE to help churn out power sources for the UU-matter

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

When I saw those poll I can saw I was honestly Annoyed. For starters, if you think Energy Condensers and EE are overpowered... don't use them. Minecraft is a game as you saw "yes they are fun" there ergo you take a fun element out of tekkit.

I for one like Building. This does not mean I rather Creative over Survival, as I enjoy working towards my tasks in survival. However if Tekkit allows me powerful tools to use once I have reached the end of my toiling, I will gladly accept them. I don't want to be negated of these features because some people are "tempted" by them.

These tools let you gather resources quicker, and build quicker. Those fulfilling one of the base desires of the game. Of course you may say It is too easy to get to this stage, however you have to pursue a drawn out process of either creating a strip mine or a quarry to bolster said resources before you can create a condenser for example.

As for the reset of the map. Where the hell did this come out of? The map has been up around half a month. This is too early for a reset, in my opinion. This is just after the stage in which many have spent time building themselves up, you will cruelly reset before they have time to reap the rewards? I can say if the map was reset with even more of the features removed... It would put me off playing completely. As if to say half a month of mining/building, phft.

• Advertisement

Farcheal wrote: »
    When I saw those poll I can saw I was honestly Annoyed. For starters, if you think Energy Condensers and EE are overpowered... don't use them. Minecraft is a game as you saw "yes they are fun" there ergo you take a fun element out of tekkit.

I for one like Building. This does not mean I rather Creative over Survival, as I enjoy working towards my tasks in survival. However if Tekkit allows me powerful tools to use once I have reached the end of my toiling, I will gladly accept them. I don't want to be negated of these features because some people are "tempted" by them.

These tools let you gather resources quicker, and build quicker. Those fulfilling one of the base desires of the game. Of course you may say It is too easy to get to this stage, however you have to pursue a drawn out process of either creating a strip mine or a quarry to bolster said resources before you can create a condenser for example.

As for the reset of the map. Where the hell did this come out of? The map has been up around half a month. This is too early for a reset, in my opinion. This is just after the stage in which many have spent time building themselves up, you will cruelly reset before they have time to reap the rewards? I can say if the map was reset with even more of the features removed... It would put me off playing completely. As if to say half a month of mining/building, phft.

Well when we decided to migrate to a different server provider last night, Maka mentioned putting up a poll if people wanted a map reset and that's where the idea came out of. For the record, I'm happier holding on to the current map as it's a bit early IMO.

Good points besides that though :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement