Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4 on O2 - no sound when making calls

• 18-02-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I'm having an awful time on O2 this past few weeks.

Intermittently, when I make/receive calls the person at the other end of the line cannot hear me. The call connects ok, I can hear them perfectly but they can't hear me. It happens on speakerphone & car kit too. I've tested all three scenarios on Skype & Viber and no such problems which has me thinking it could be a network issue.

Eventually I ordered an replacement from Apple under warranty which I got last Monday, and now just yesterday the same problem has occurred on this new one too!

Any ideas? I've restored it to factory settings, and it's on the latest OS, but the problem started before I upgraded the first one too.

Tks,
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Exact same problem happened my OH. Sent out a new iPhone from Apple. Keep bringing it back until you get one that works. Your money didn't stop working after a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

Exact same problem happened my OH. Sent out a new iPhone from Apple. Keep bringing it back until you get one that works. Your money didn't stop working after a few months.

Lads if your restoring the new replacement iPhone from a back up don't! set the iPhone as a new iPhone!! Then you know if it a bug or the iPhone for deffo try a fresh restore see does the problem sort it self then use the back up off say January etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I restored from backup and had no problems. The problem is deep in the software (ie. nothing restoring will change). Also to note is that my gfs phone worked fine for 6-7months then suddenly stopped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 undertake

Hi,

I'm having an awful time onipad 2 cover O2 this past few weeks.

Intermittently, when I make/receive ipad covercalls the person at the other end of the line cannot hear me. The call connects ok, I can hear them perfectly but they can't hear me. It happens on speakerphone & car kit too. I've tested alliphone case three scenarios on Skype & Viber and no such problems which has me thinking it could be a network issue.

Eventually I ordered an replacement from Apple under warranty which I got last Monday, and now just yesterday the same problem has occurred on this new one too!

Any ideas? I've restored it to factory settings, and it's on the latest OS, but the problem started before I upgraded the first one too.

Tks,

Then you know if it a bug or the iPhone for deffo try a fresh restore see does the problem sort it self then use the back up off say January etc

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭WillyWonka

Exact same thing happened me a month ago. Only gets worse.

After a restore, reset, etc. no joy.
    Sent to apple and they replaced it.

It was fine for they guts of a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement