Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Waterford City Restaurants (2010 - Present)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 gfy

hardybuck wrote: »
    Did you offer this feedback to the restaurant?

Sorry, I forgot to add that I called them but nobody answered the phone.

JPA wrote: »
    They would have replaced that no problem.

Yeah. Replaced it with a nice chunk of phlegm from the back of their throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

have eaten take away from Blue mango many times, always found it good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

I came on here to say that I got take-away from Blue Mango on Saturday and thought it was one of the nicest Indians I've had in ages.
    Sorry to hear about your contrasting experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭dzilla

I had a terrible experience with them. Bought food from them on JustEat, paid a portion with a voucher I had been gifted and then the delivery driver wanted the whole amount. I refused to pay, driver got quite agressive at my drive, I rang the restaurant who in turn said they would not accept the voucher. Told them to bring the food home then. (FOod cost 30 i had 28 on me and they wanted to take starters back to restaurant to let me have for 28) I told them to forget it. Driver swore at me.

• Advertisement

Yeah, Blue Mango is a joke.. I ordered the samosas as a starter and they were 100% without doubt store bought frozen samosas. I was thankful though as they were the only part of the meal that was actually edible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

I have got a few take aways from blue mango over the last few years in Waterford and myself can't say a bad word about the place. Still the best Indian in Waterford is little India great food that never had a bad meal.

Used to always go there on Sunday for lunch as for 10 euros for a starter main and rice you can't go wrong. Being honest it's the one place food wise that I miss about Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

dzilla wrote: »
    I had a terrible experience with them. Bought food from them on JustEat, paid a portion with a voucher I had been gifted and then the delivery driver wanted the whole amount. I refused to pay, driver got quite agressive at my drive, I rang the restaurant who in turn said they would not accept the voucher. Told them to bring the food home then. (FOod cost 30 i had 28 on me and they wanted to take starters back to restaurant to let me have for 28) I told them to forget it. Driver swore at me.

I hope you let Just Eat know about this. Everytime I've read about Just Eat vouchers I've imagined this scenario happening.

I hope you let Just Eat know about this. Everytime I've read about Just Eat vouchers I've imagined this scenario happening.

Yeah I rang just eat and told them. They apologised and explained that they are changing the website to make it easier to use the vouceher.

It should just be a case of inputting the code at the checkout in my opinion...simples

However they have some way of loading the voucher into the account and then its like a credit.

Have had some excellent Indian in recent months from Kashmir on the high street. Value is exceptional and its a great place before a few pints I think, and bring your own wine is always great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

Have had a couple of takeaways from the new Indian, Peppers on the Quay, and have to say thought it was absolutely delicious with very generous portions, will definitely be trying out the restaurant on our next outing!

Have also been to Sheehans Restaurant for dinner and lunch twice in the last 6 weeks and thought it was lovely, fab food and service.

Has anyone got any reports from the Bay Tree Bistro?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Myself, my wife and my mother had a takeaway from Café Goa recently. Don't think I've ever had a bad meal from there and this kept up that tradition. I had the chicken karahi curry. It's just so flavoursome! It's that little bit more expensive than other Indians but I think it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

poppies2 wrote: »
    Have had a couple of takeaways from the new Indian, Peppers on the Quay, and have to say thought it was absolutely delicious with very generous portions, will definitely be trying out the restaurant on our next outing!

Have also been to Sheehans Restaurant for dinner and lunch twice in the last 6 weeks and thought it was lovely, fab food and service.

Has anyone got any reports from the Bay Tree Bistro?

My husband and I went to the Bay Tree Bistro tonight. It was very good and very good value. My husband had the venison salad, the steak and the banana and coconut cream tart, I had the butternut squash risotto, braised beef featherblade and the milk chocolate delice. €20 for 2 courses with a glass of wine, €25 for 3 courses with a glass of wine. I'll definitely be going back there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

wish i wasant single and could go to these places for dinner without standing out like a nun at a metallica concert lol among the couples/familys there.

had food from oskars recently and thought it was nice. mad to try mclearys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

PTH2009 wrote: »
    wish i wasant single and could go to these places for dinner without standing out like a nun at a metallica concert lol among the couples/familys there.

I used to go to places the odd time by myself in the evening as long as you have your phone your grand. As you have to confirmable in your own company. The amount of times I head to coffee shops by myself with my tablet just as somewhere to do some work.

You be shocked how many people eat out by them self's as I used to work in a restaurant and probably 2 or 3 people a night eat out by them self's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

PTH2009 wrote: »

Could you not organize a night out with your friends, family members or work colleagues?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

You do see quite a lot of people in restaurants on their own, reading a paper or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭lassykk

Spent plenty an evening on my own in restaurants when I was away working. Have to be comfortable with your own company but never felt weird about it.

It's not a strange site at all. Would recommend something to read though to pass the time between courses!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

If you head into a restaurant on your own, bring a notepad with you, and appear to take notes of the menu, food etc. If the staff think you're a food critic, you'll be guaranteed a great meal!

My cousin travels a lot, and gave me this tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

If you head into a restaurant on your own, bring a notepad with you, and appear to take notes of the menu, food etc. If the staff think you're a food critic, you'll be guaranteed a great meal!

My cousin travels a lot, and gave me this tip.

That old chestnut hasn't worked since the 1980's....:p

Most food critics travel with at least one partner, sometimes more, in order to test a larger portion of the menu. They also tend to be inconspicuous as this will give them a realistic view of the food and service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

That old chestnut hasn't worked since the 1980's....:p

Most food critics travel with at least one partner, sometimes more, in order to test a larger portion of the menu. They also tend to be inconspicuous as this will give them a realistic view of the food and service.

I'd really love to see how that insufferable bore Tom Doorley could make himself inconspicuous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,544 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Deise Vu wrote: »
    I'd really love to see how that insufferable bore Tom Doorley could make himself inconspicuous.
    :D

Exception to every rule, I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

Deise Vu wrote: »

The tv programme The Restaurant showed him up to be a big spoofer, the same with Lucinda O'Sullivan who slates so many places but got short shift from Kevin Thornton who kicked her out of his restaurant for her condescending behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

shayp83 wrote: »
    I'm glad you said it, it took me awhile to figure out what was going on, I was like what is this strange food they got! Must try them soon loves an Indian food so I do. Still looking for some one beat my eastenders tho

Noticed the spelling too. Don't think it's actually an indian run restaurant, heard it's polish or Romanian run

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭RubyK

Ate from Peppers again recently, really good food, definitely our favourite Indian restaurant/takeaway in Waterford City & County.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

RubyK wrote: »
    Ate from Peppers again recently, really good food, definitely our favourite Indian restaurant/takeaway in Waterford City & County.

Menu looks great. Must give them a try soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Have to take my hat off to Geoffs, since they got that new Philipino chef the food has gone from good to excellent ,I ate there three times this week and on each occasion the food was very very good. A group of twelve of us ate there last night and the tiger prawn stir fry was superb,for €173.89 for 12 people,good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Have to take my hat off to Geoffs, since they got that new Philipino chef the food has gone from good to excellent ,I ate there three times this week and on each occasion the food was very very good. A group of twelve of us ate there last night and the tiger prawn stir fry was superb,for €173.89 for 12 people,good value.

Thats some value for 12, was it just a single dish ye all had?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Thats some value for 12, was it just a single dish ye all had?

Yes main course only, a clatter of pints for desert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

wellboytoo wrote: »
    Yes main course only, a clatter of pints for desert

Nice one, will try them out been a while since I had food there.

Advertisement