Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TEETH WHITENING

Options
  • 11-07-2008 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey Everyone,
    I am going to america on hols in a few wks and want to look in to getting my teeth whitened before I go. Is everywhere as expensive as like 600 € ??

Anyone any suggestions ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

soapfan wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,
    I am going to america on hols in a few wks and want to look in to getting my teeth whitened before I go. Is everywhere as expensive as like 600 € ??

Anyone any suggestions ?

If you want it done properly yes it costs in and around that much. You should also know that it leads to increased sensitivity in your teeth and many people are unhappy with that as it causes a lot of pain and discomfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Go to this site:

Cheap OTC

Crest Whitening Strips - A bunch of us used them while we were over in America, you put the strips on twice a day for ten days and you have fantastically white teeth by the end of it. I found it lasted for over a year and it cost about $25 at the time.

One thing I noticed is that while I was using the strips, I suffered from significant sensitivity in my teeth, but that went away once I finished using them.

I don't understand why people pay such a ridiculous amount of money to get the same thing done by a dentist, often with poorer results.

Note if you're a heavy wine/coffee drinker, or you smoke, you may need to use two sets.

Hope that helps!

PS. You can probably get them cheaper on eBay though I don't use the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Drink less coffee/tea and when you are in the US, pick up some hydrogen peroxide in any supermarket/pharmacy and use that to bleach them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Saruman wrote: »
    Drink less coffee..

Blasphemy!

• Advertisement

Of course i no longer drink coffee and do not drink tea that often any more and my teeth are far from white :D so do not listen to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 soapfan

Thats great guys, thanks a mil.
    Will be giving those strips a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

why dont u just get them done over there? far cheaper

why dont u just get them done over there? far cheaper

You know that for a fact? All health care is far more expensive over there and the only way you can usually afford to get something done is with insurance or medicaid (like a medical card).

Unless it is considered completely cosmetic (probably is) in which case the prices might be comparable but with the exchange rate it might be a little cheaper i suppose.

Advertisement