Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

American Eagle (Clothing)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Enter the delivery number on usps.com

The AE tracking doesnt work anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Dopey

GStormcrow wrote: »
    Enter the delivery number on usps.com

The AE tracking doesnt work anymore

I can't find the delivery number, only the order number. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

You generally wont see the shipping number until they email you telling you your order has shipped. Once you get that email the shipping number should appear a few hours later and you can enter that number on usps.com to track the package

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭inspiron6000

besty wrote: »
    How long did it generally take for everyone's tracking info on the AE site to update?4 days and still nothing for me...I can't remember how long it took the last time.

It took 4 or 5 days to get my shipping number, i emailed them to find out what was happening after 3 days. I'd email them if your worried.

It took 4 or 5 days to get my shipping number, i emailed them to find out what was happening after 3 days. I'd email them if your worried.

I'm not worried at all. Just impatient. I got the email last Wednesday.

It still says Awaiting Tracking Information ** Please allow up to 24 hours for tracking information to be updated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭samo

Dopey wrote: »
    I'm not worried at all. Just impatient. I got the email last Wednesday.

It still says Awaiting Tracking Information ** Please allow up to 24 hours for tracking information to be updated.

Mine still says that and it arrived this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭jockey#1

Hi Guys,

I ordered a few items a number of weeks ago. Thing is i want to return cargo shorts and a zip up hoodie. Im wodering how much the postage will cost to see if it is worth my while. I checked out the rates on an post and they say around €28 based on this being a parcel and weight of 1.5kg. Does this sound right or could it be classed as a packet?

Thanks

Jockey#1

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭madscone

ordered mine on the 16th arrived today, and the site still says awaiting tracking information!

and less than a week, very impressed. i've ordered things from blanchardstown that have taken longer!! and no customs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Updated status to shipped today, so that's something. I ordered on the 18th so judging on madscone's prediction, I might get mine before the end of the week.

Fingers crossed I escape customs again. The order came to $130 in total so hopefully it's under the radar.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

jockey#1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I ordered a few items a number of weeks ago. Thing is i want to return cargo shorts and a zip up hoodie. Im wodering how much the postage will cost to see if it is worth my while. I checked out the rates on an post and they say around €28 based on this being a parcel and weight of 1.5kg. Does this sound right or could it be classed as a packet?

Thanks

Jockey#1

I returned 2 tshirts and 2 polos and it cost me about 10euro.

It should go as a packet -not a parcel.
    Turn the bag inside out and use that to ship.
    If it is over 1,5kg - then its a parcel and euro28.
    so just devide in two and ship seperately at about euro7 each.

just weight it before you go to the post office and know which rate to pay -some of them haven't a clue of the different sizes/cat.
    K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Are the discount codes fairly regular? I've searched for coupons but any I've found have expired.

Can we expect more soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

cosgrove80 wrote: »
    Are the discount codes fairly regular? I've searched for coupons but any I've found have expired.

Can we expect more soon?

For 15% off try 90941412

I just used it this afternoon and it worked fine, it's valid until April 25th.

For 15% off try 90941412

I just used it this afternoon and it worked fine, it's valid until April 25th.
    That worked. Thanks a lot

jockey#1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Thanks

Jockey#1

I returned jeans and a polo shirt today. It was pricey. 16.60 Euro for 1.35 kilo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Ordered stuff on Sunday night,only got an e-mail yesterday to say that the items had been shipped,minus one of the order! E-mailed them back asking why the were taking one out of my order and for a tracking number! Got a reply today that seemed to be an automated e-mail saying to ring a free phone number in America! Too stupid to realise I'm in Ireland:rolleyes:

Not impressed at all with the customer service!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

My second consignment arrived yesterday. About $130 worth including shipping - no customs!

Anyone fancy a new 20% off AE.com code?
    Try 46561422

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Try 46561422

Thanks for that, just in time to order all the summer clothes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

i got two orders within the last few weeks..........160dollars each.....no customs either time:D:D

abcxyz123 wrote: »
    i got two orders within the last few weeks..........160dollars each.....no customs either time:D:D

Try 7 orders for around the USD150 mark each - and only got hit for customs
    on one. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Just after geting my order there,9 days laters,not to bad I guess! Got it straight without any notice for Customs so taking it I'm after getting away with it!

Sizes are perfect!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

Try 46561422

Sound out. just ordered 150 USD worth and the code worked ... fingers crossed on the customs!!

Shipping brought it back up to 160 though :(

... it still only works out at around 100 euros for 5 items :D

juror wrote: »
    Sound out. just ordered 150 USD worth and the code worked ... fingers crossed on the customs!!

Shipping brought it back up to 160 though :(

... it still only works out at around 100 euros for 5 items :D

Customs on a parcel of that value would add approx EUR 50 onto the price.
    EUR 150 for 5 items is not that bad even if you're unlucky ;)

My order has been "processing" for about a week now. Looks like they won't be able to verify my card again.

Happened last time I ordered (scanned and sent ID and statement) but never got resolved. Just ordered same stuff again as allegedly it's a random check, so thought I'd chance my luck.

Isn't looking too good now

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭juror

Customs on a parcel of that value would add approx EUR 50 onto the price.
    EUR 150 for 5 items is not that bad even if you're unlucky ;)

As you said 150 euro is great value for five items, but i seriously doubt that customs are going to slap that much onto the price of the package.

The items themselves come to around 78 euro, its shipping that brings it to 100. Even if the value was 100 euro, there's no-way they'd add on 50%!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

karltimber wrote: »
    The invoice piece of paper - which I hope you still have - has a returns/exchange section on it and it even has the return sticker there too.

Just turn the plastic bag - have that too ??? - inside out - put your exchange item on the paper invoice - return address sticker - and post surface - about euro8.
    Took a week to get there - 2 day processing and got it in 3 - so approx week and a half to 2 weeks.

Note: they will refund your CC for the item and then charge for the new - without shipping - a way of tracking the item.
    hope this helps

K

Hi karl, Who did you post surface with? An post workds out to be about €38 for me?!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Try 46561422

Thanks worded fine, lets hope parcel makes it through customs now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Try 46561422

Thanks... just put in a fairly big order.. hope it clears customs now.. although I'm expecting my luck to run out soon considering I've ordered about 5 times and not been charged yet

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,919 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Linoge wrote: »
    Hi karl, Who did you post surface with? An post workds out to be about €38 for me?!:(

That must be some parcel if it's over 3kg !!! for e38.

What qty of stuff are you returning.
    Might be better off to see if folks here want it instead of ordering off AE.

I sent back 3 tops for just under 1kg for e10.40 (not the e8 stated -:rolleyes:). Have you weighted all the items together ?

K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Just browsing this forum and Im a wee bit confused as to the apparent popularity of American Eagle. I took a look at their website and having previously thought it was a clearing house for loads of different brands I found out it seems to be just one single brand, that of AE.

Can some explain to me why this site is so popular? Is it because they're cheap? Weakness of US dollar? Im thinking there are just as good bargains to be had in TK Maxx on more well known brands for a comparative price without the hassle of will it fit me? when will it arrive? can I get a refund? will customs sting me? and all the other usual problems that can crop up with online buying.

Am I missing something here? Any one care to elaborate ?

Advertisement