Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

20 on the nose myself :) Thanks Zimmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭zimmermania

get in, you beaut zimmer, had 20 e/w on that, great ride :D
    :D:D
    Yea the money was down and Hogan closed off the 2nd to make sure he won,hard to beat the Hogans when they fancy one I owe my friend a drink or 2,i had a very nice touch at 11/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Yea the money was down and Hogan closed off the 2nd to make sure he won,hard to beat the Hogans when they fancy one I owe my friend a drink or 2,i had a very nice touch at 11/2.

yep i noticed the way he blocked him off, thats experience for you

thanks again, some very happy boardsies here!

run a very good and clever race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Stewards enquiry. Clontarf favourite to take the race on betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

still in the stewards room and the other one is favorite on betfair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Iv been paid out on 365 anyway so im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭madmax72

Does anybody know if you get paid first past the post with ladbrokes on doubles

madmax72 wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you get paid first past the post with ladbrokes on doubles

Ladbrokes pay first past the post all bets on UK and Irish racing,my bet is with Ladbrokes and I also have the winner in a double,i would not like to be at the course and be on the winner as it will be rules of racing there and on betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Amended result per Sporting life website

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭madmax72

Thanks x2 zimmer

• Advertisement

A very bad day for the shops,they now have to pay out on the 1st 2nd and 3rd favs in the 7 05 Down Royal.

I hope all the guys here were on in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,243 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thanks Zimmer

Backed it in Ladbrokes.. Took a while to get the money as the girl was insistent that it was disqualified

and I backed Clontarf on Betfair in the betting on the inquiry

so 2 winners!

It was gas watching the betting on Betfair before the amended result was announced.. 3000 trying to get on Clontarf and another 3000 trying to lay Misdflight..

A very bad day for the shops,they now have to pay out on the 1st 2nd and 3rd favs in the 7 05 Down Royal.

I hope all the guys here were on in the shops.

no online, does that mean Skybet will take away my winnings?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Once the money is paid out the bookie can't take it back, the bet is settled.

Clareman wrote: »

phew! even online?

What I meant was 1st and 2nd favs dead heat books pay on both in shops to 1/2 the stake and some pay to full stake,then they have to pay us on Missdflight as well and I can't imagine many others in the race would be backed,i love it!
    I am not aware of the Skybet rules.

What I meant was 1st and 2nd favs dead heat books pay on both in shops to 1/2 the stake and some pay to full stake,then they have to pay us on Missdflight as well and I can't imagine many others in the race would be backed,i love it!
    I am not aware of the Skybet rules.

well they paid up straight away so happy days and thanks again!

Everyone loves a "happy ending"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,870 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Everyone loves a "happy ending"

Just stick to the tips Zimmer 😀

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Typical, busy day in work so I miss everything. Hope everyone enjoys the winning and is donating to the Zimmer beer fund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭PáircLife

Harringtons not paying out! F#*kin disaster !!

Clareman wrote: »

Not completely true though. Bet365 paid out on a patent during the week, one win and two places, last place they advertised 4 places, horse was in 4th. Reversed the payout as they said they made a mistake and it should have been 3 places. Covered under their T & C's apparently!

PáircLife wrote: »
    Harringtons not paying out! F#*kin disaster !!

Their website is dated 2009 so I doubt they've any rules up.

I'd ask to speak to a manager and get their ruling in writing, often you will get a "good will gesture" rather than a written response.

petes wrote: »
    Not completely true though. Bet365 paid out on a patent during the week, one win and two places, last place they advertised 4 places, horse was in 4th. Reversed the payout as they said they made a mistake and it should have been 3 places. Covered under their T & C's apparently!

And that's why I don't use Bet365 anymore, they only do that to accounts where the money is still there so you need to cash out immediately

deffo go back and complain. I dont use them anymore either, cos they pulled this kinda crap too often...site down when trying to cash out bets etc. Complain and you will get something back, free bets etc. The most I got was 120 euro free bet from complaining so much! oh and thats with them quoting t and c etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

They paid me for the win. Defo ask questions and se what the craic is!

Quoted the wrong post!

deffo go back and complain. I dont use them anymore either, cos they pulled this kinda crap too often...site down when trying to cash out bets etc. Complain and you will get something back, free bets etc. The most I got was 120 euro free bet from complaining so much! oh and thats with them quoting t and c etc

They were flat out on Tuesday night :) I'm a member of a Facebook group that all had the same bet. Most got a free bet and a good few actually got their winnings back. Still bad carry on. I still use them as they have a lot more markets etc. but not as my main bookie.

Evan Williams thinks Forgivienne will run better than his perceived chance in the 6 35 at Ffos Las and I had a small ew bet,if we go back a few years he would win this easily.

He really fancies Mac Gregory in the 7 05 and punters backing it should get on early as this one is likely to shorten. I was on this when it won its bumper and have had a good ew bet today.

He gives his bumper horse Megabucks a chance but suggests that new trainer Paul Morgan fancies Cresus D'arthel and also thinks Warren Greatrex fancies Western Ryder.

I will leave this competitive bumper alone. Those that pay attention to my tips will be aware that I know a bit when it comes to Evan Williams so I am hoping for a big run from Mac Gregory.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Evan Williams thinks Forgivienne will run better than his perceived chance in the 6 35 at Ffos Las and I had a small ew bet,if we go back a few years he would win this easily.

He really fancies Mac Gregory in the 7 05 and punters backing it should get on early as this one is likely to shorten. I was on this when it won its bumper and have had a good ew bet today.

He gives his bumper horse Megabucks a chance but suggests that new trainer Paul Morgan fancies Cresus D'arthel and also thinks Warren Greatrex fancies Western Ryder.

I will leave this competitive bumper alone. Those that pay attention to my tips will be aware that I know a bit when it comes to Evan Williams so I am hoping for a big run from Mac Gregory.

Thanks

• Advertisement

I went into Ladbrokes office today handed in two winning slips for Missdflight at 11/2 and a young guy said" there is nothing off them" when I pointed out the horse was first past the post he said he could do nothing until a senior person came in.
    When the person in charge came in she had to make up the two bets and I was paid without any further problems.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement