Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

One plus one owners thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

daytob wrote: »
    Not really an Cyanognen must do but I can say that perfectly clear is amazing. if you need to take a load of burst shots * 250 * then its worth it for it. It is a premium app though I managed to wangle it, I think using my amazon coins. I could have just bought it though.

Cheers, I knew my spelling was a bit off there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thargor wrote: »
    What is the emergency keypad?

When the screen is locked and you hit emergency call I am guessing. Keeps on popping up for me very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

I didnt know the spelling too so copied and pasted it. just showed up like that soz :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

jimmii wrote: »
    When the screen is locked and you hit emergency call I am guessing. Keeps on popping up for me very annoying.

What lock screen have you got?
    It doesn't happen me as I don't even have that option on my lock screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah thats what Im wondering, if you've installed a lockscreen with an emergency call option they'll surely have an option to disable it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Default lock screen with a pattern to unlock, it's at the bottom, see attached image

• Registered Users Posts: 22 dilljen

Not sure if it was covered here already but can anyone tell me an easy way of copying over my contacts from my old phone to the Oneplus. I only want phone contacts and not email contacts. I have tried it already with the import from sd option but I got everything and then had to delete them one by one as there is no option to delete all. Also, it wouldn't allow me to add some of my contacts to a group. Is the best way to import from sd, import from sim or use a program on my PC? I really just want my phone contacts. Please help......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

dilljen wrote: »
    Not sure if it was covered here already but can anyone tell me an easy way of copying over my contacts from my old phone to the Oneplus. I only want phone contacts and not email contacts. I have tried it already with the import from sd option but I got everything and then had to delete them one by one as there is no option to delete all. Also, it wouldn't allow me to add some of my contacts to a group. Is the best way to import from sd, import from sim or use a program on my PC? I really just want my phone contacts. Please help......

Syncing your contacts with google really is the only way to go(in that i highly recommend it, not that actually is only way to do it):

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92558894

jozi wrote: »
    Default lock screen with a pattern to unlock, it's at the bottom, see attached image

Oh right. I just have slide to unlock and the emergency call button is not there. I also changed to pattern unlock like you and it's the same as yours.

Its stopped being a problem now because my pattern unlock has completely disappeared!! Checked to make sure it was still active and it was so tried to deactivate it and set up a new pattern and its still not back. Anyone else had that happen?

• Advertisement

New update is supposed to tackle the touchscreen issue.

I updated just over a week ago.

I do have slidelock as well but it still takes me to the pattern unlock screen, which I assume is no different to not having slidelock.

I'm on the latest software version when it happened to me.

Had a few app updates just there and now the pattern is back must have been some conflict there I guess.

Hideous.

Hideous.

Do you think. I like the red Oneplus logo on the back. It looks to be raised as well and not sunken like on the sandstone black model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

i cant unlock the bootloader because no matter what pc i use the drivers wont seem to install, the pc recognises my phone but when i type boot into bootloader and type the commands "reboot devices" it should bring up the phones serial number but it doesn't recognise it, any suggestions?

Do you think. I like the red Oneplus logo on the back. It looks to be raised as well and not sunken like on the sandstone black model.
    Its horrible imo, I saw carbon fibre in your email notification and thought this is going to be good but that is nasty. Modern fluorescent colours like the Lumias would actually be very nice on the OnePlus but that looks like tacky 90's plastic.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    i cant unlock the bootloader because no matter what pc i use the drivers wont seem to install, the pc recognises my phone but when i type boot into bootloader and type the commands "reboot devices" it should bring up the phones serial number but it doesn't recognise it, any suggestions?

I don't quite follow you. I don't think it does bring up the phones serial number when you type "fastboot reboot", all it does when you type that command is reboot the device.
    Follow this guide below and it should work:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/guide-oneplus-one-how-to-unlock-bootloader-install-custom-recovery-and-root.64487/
    Its horrible imo, I saw carbon fibre in your email notification and thought this is going to be good but that is nasty. Modern fluorescent colours like the Lumias would actually be very nice on the OnePlus but that looks like tacky 90's plastic.

I suppose. But personally I would not turn one down if I was giving one.

Anyone have gps issues? Cannot get a lock on location

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Anyone have gps issues? Cannot get a lock on location

Working perfect for me. Did you try rebooting phone and see if that fixes it?

Perfect GPS for me aswell, pinpoint accurate tracking running and cycling.

Working perfect for me. Did you try rebooting phone and see if that fixes it?

Turns out I had to give Google maps access to location, prompt was not showing when going in through Google now, all sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭uncle-mofo

Does anyone happen to have a spare invite?

Invite thread but there havent been any invites in a few weeks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Should be loads of invites soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Anybody have any ideas why my phone is making this noise...

Noise on OPO: http://youtu.be/VvnalSbKqnQ

Do you have done sort of theft protection on the phone that has activated?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭bobbly

Nope nothing like that on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dilljen

Ok so I managed to sort out my contacts using an editor to edit my Vcard file, then I copied it onto my Oneplus and uploaded the contacts fine. Now my next problem is that I am trying to copy my text messages and call log from Gmail. I tried using SMS Backup and Restore + but even though it goes through the motions of restoring all my messages there are none showing on my Oneplus when the process ends. Anyone any ideas on how to get round this? Have I something checked in settings that I shouldn't or can I transfer the messages in a file format to the Oneplus? Help.....

Advertisement