Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Galaxy note 1 (n7000): Charging icon displays even when its not plugged into charger

• 29-09-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

As per the thread title, my Galaxy Note 1 (n7000) displays the charging icon regardless of whether its connected to the charger or disconnected.

Anyone ever come across this problem?

Any idea how to troubleshoot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

You can clean the USB port but it may need to be replaced eventually. I have one here (smashed screen before fitting it) if you need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Thanks Kenny. I'll give that a go.

In the event that I need to replace usb port, how easy/difficult are they to swap out?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thanks Kenny. I'll give that a go.

In the event that I need to replace usb port, how easy/difficult are they to swap out?

Not sure how far it needs to be disassembled, but it's not difficult. No soldering or anything like that.

It's taken a while but it seems to have righted itself. I guess there must have either been some water or dirt in there. Thanks for your help.

Looks like that usb module is dead as in proper dead this time.

I can get one from china for $8. Trouble is I simply can't wait. Anyone know where I could get one asap?

• Advertisement

Got a replacement phone - and turned out (although it was still working), it was developing the same problem (purchased second hand). ordered up usb charging modules for both and swapped out the modules - both phones now working perfectly.

Advertisement