Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S3 verse HTC One X

• 28-06-2012 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Due to an accident this morning where my trusty HTC fell and the screen broke, :(, I am now in the market for a new phone. I'm not a major Iphone fan so have narrowed it down to either the Galaxy S3 or the HTC one X.
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience of either of these phones and what they think of them or have heard of them. I like to research something that I will use so much before I acquire it! :D
    Any help is great needed! :D thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭allen175

I have the One X and love it.

It really depends on your past experience with HTC, i like sense, i think its great, I have used the s2 and didn't really like touch whizz.

Engadget and other sites will have comparison reviews on these 2 flagship phones.

Just be aware that the gs3 has blown up for some people.
    burn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

allen175 wrote: »

Just 2 out of 9 million aint bad odds

Sorry abt ur grief with the One X Seb, a fine phone, same would happen to the S3 I guess

I was a HTC man but the S3 impressed me so much I went and got it, feels better in my hand, fab camera, great battery life and expandable memory, go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Thanks for the replies all. I read through most of the threads relating to both phones that are on here and read numerous reviews. Both phones have their pros and cons and both seem to be having different problems, that's like I suppose! :rolleyes: While I loved my last HTC, I think that I'm going to give the SIII a go. Change is as good as a rest so they say. Worst thing is that they are out of stock in my local store so waiting on more to come in. In the meantime, I'm using an old Sony Ericsson, man how things have advanced! :eek:
    I have one problem because the screen on my old phone has cracked I can't unlock it at all. All contacts have been lost off my sim for some reason :(, anyone have any idea how I could get into my phone to try to retrieve some data???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Spipov

if its an android phone, chances are its backed up on your google account. once you setup your new android phone and use the same account, your contacts should sync, unless you specifically indicated for it not to sync.

in that case, there should be software that would do that for you.

That might be helpful as another means to get this done

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/42491/how-to-remote-view-and-control-your-android-phone/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭spireland32

Im similar OP... have iphone 4s getting bored of it now. Was going to go for the s3 but i saw the htc... so not sure now. have used both s2 and desire and liked both. dont like the colours available on the s3... horrible blue and girly white! should have made a black too.

Post back when you have new phone and lets know how you find it. thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

thread moved from mobiles to android forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

I think htc beat Samsung this time

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭U.P.O.

I went with the HTC on this one

For me....

HTC
    Better Screen
    Better Camera
    Better Messaging
    Prefer HTC Sence

Samsung
    Better Battery
    Expandable Memory

I wont get anywhere near using the 32Gb in the One X and the found the battery life on the One X more than good enough for me so went with the One X

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

It really depends on your past experience with HTC, i like sense, i think its great, I have used the s2 and didn't really like touch whizz.

Engadget and other sites will have comparison reviews on these 2 flagship phones.

burn.jpg

^_^ are you for real?

Few out of millions and you post it as an issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Has there been more than that one on here reported?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

there has been many HTC one X owners complaining about:

1. Flickering screens
    2. Bad Battery Life
    3. Overheating

but there has also been many Samsung SIII owners complaining about

1. Bad Battery Life
    2. Constant forced closures
    3. Poor Wifi connectivity
    4. Kies software is crap

i prefer the htc one x but until they iron out the bugs ill hold onto my desire hd.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Seb_bixby

Well, I got my new SIII today. Have to say so far so good. I had to get a new micro sim card so am waiting for that to register to check out the mobile network. However, have been on Wifi all evening so have been able to customise the phone for me. Not going to root for the time being anyway. I actually find touchwiz alot like HTC sense so far. Pretty user friendly. Camera is great and I love the display. Best thing was when I synced to Google and all my pics and numbers transferred on to the phone! Thrilled as I thought I had lost them! :D God I love android! :) Prob will never use S voice but suppose it is nice to have it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

1. Bad Battery Life
    2. Constant forced closures
    3. Poor Wifi connectivity
    4. Kies software is crap

i prefer the htc one x but until they iron out the bugs ill hold onto my desire hd.

1: I get a day out of mine. But at the end of that day it's at about 10% so it definitely needs to be charged.
    2: I don't think I've had one on mine.
    3: No problems at all so far with WiFi or 3G.
    4: Absolutely. But you don't need it. I tried Kies before with a previous phone and hated it. With the S3 I haven't needed to install it. It updates over the air and if I want to transfer files to it I use a USB cable or tools like dropbox / estrongs / WiFi File Explorer. I'm not sure what other uses Kies would have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

1. Bad Battery Life

Got 1 day 22 hours outta my battery yesterday, 3G on (albeit controlled by juice defender) and not in battery saving mode with moderate usage (listening to radio for about 2 hours), fb, calls, txts, flipboard etc.

Bad battery you say??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

burn.jpg

Well done on getting a mention on CNet. :p
    Samsung has also seen its flagship Galaxy S III smartphone in the news under similar circumstances when a report of a recently released Android device "burned from the inside out" after the owner connected it to a non-charging car mount.
    Photos posted on an Irish message board showed the device's underside had melted around the charging point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

One thing I've noticed is that the standby time is great. If I leave it overnight not charging it uses so little power. Its the screen thats the killer.
    Davie89 wrote: »
    Got 1 day 22 hours outta my battery yesterday, 3G on (albeit controlled by juice defender) and not in battery saving mode with moderate usage (listening to radio for about 2 hours), fb, calls, txts, flipboard etc.

Bad battery you say??

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭iwo

Cossax wrote: »

burn.jpg

Well done on getting a mention on CNet. :p
    Samsung has also seen its flagship Galaxy S III smartphone in the news under similar circumstances when a report of a recently released Android device "burned from the inside out" after the owner connected it to a non-charging car mount.
    Photos posted on an Irish message board showed the device's underside had melted around the charging point.

http://tpt.to/a2Crxlc issue explained...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

iwo wrote: »
    http://tpt.to/a2Crxlc issue explained...

It's pretty crappy that somebody can do so much damage to a brand or model. I heard this on Irish radio, and I've seen it on sites on different countries and my folks (who know little about technology) asked me about it. All because some idiot put a phone in a microwave after the phone was exposed to water. Info that was not included in the original posts about the phone exploding.
    How many of those sites and radio stations are going to go back and give an update on the reason for it exploding? Pretty few I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭Chet T16

Given the title of this thread I think we need to ask for a volunteer to microwave their one-x.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

• Advertisement
Advertisement