Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guinness and Rollies - Off topic chat!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

What are you training for? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Black Oil wrote: »
    What are you training for? :)
    Gaelic football training - have championship in 6weeks and not close to as fit as I need to be - game Wednesday night should be interesting!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Evening peeps.

Just after reading the tub of hot chocolate I got - it looks mega posh and yummy - and it's 691 calories per mug with semi skimmed milk! :eek::eek::eek:

• Administrators Posts: 53,331 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I am currently covered in aftersun. Not a good luck. I look like a tomato with frizzy hair. #ultimatefail :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Daisies wrote: »
    I am currently covered in aftersun. Not a good luck. I look like a tomato with frizzy hair. #ultimatefail :o

Oh Daisies :)
    You poor thing, sunburn is horrible :(

Very productive evening here- 20k cycle and sold my old car too, happy out!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,196 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Heh, yeah I put on some sun cream before going out for my run. Initially I wasn't going to bother, but I've been burned by a 15 minute walk to the train station before, typical Irish milk bottle skin syndrome!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Black Oil wrote: »
    Heh, yeah I put on some sun cream before going out for my run. Initially I wasn't going to bother, but I've been burned by a 15 minute walk to the train station before, typical Irish milk bottle skin syndrome!

I know! I didn't expect to spend quite so long out in it but I was a good 4 hours sitting at the beach :o No-one's fault but my own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

God, some of you folk had really busy days! Fair play to all the cyclists. :)

I watched 6 episodes of survivor while waiting for a game to download. Played it for 30 minutes, then got bored. Now here I am! :o

Working for home likea boss! :pac:

I did actually get a bunch of stuff for work done, in between episodes. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

You lot do make me feel very lazy!

Myself and the sister are sick so sat on the couch at home with DVDs - in all her of her 12 years she never saw Beauty and the Beast, the poor deprived child.

Tomorrow, I plan on making her watch Aladdin!

I'm such a grown up, I really am. :pac:

Survivor still exists?

It says in my diary March 25th, 'Summer Time Begins'. I was walking to the train yesterday and into TCD, couldn't help but think 'the feckers timed that well', crafty diary makers and Met Eireann. :pac:

awec wrote: »

Glad to get rid of the old one? :p

Absolutely! I only put the ad up on Saturday!
    And I got pretty close to the asking price too...
    Was sad seeing it drive away though, we were great buddies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

Such a lovely day today. Went for a nice spin over by Lough Derg on the bike. It was one of the lad's birthday today, and he was stuck working in a factory. Pity. A game of golf would've been fantastic.

how long are you going to Alicante for?

cool :) sounds good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I used to love Survivor! Always watched it with my mam.

My day started very productively, up super early for a presentation that went break. Went home with the view to rest a little and eat, fell asleep for a few hours >_<

Been sat in the library trying to work for 3 hours now, nothing done :( My brain is too tired to focus.

Hope ye are enjoying the lovely Irish weather. It's about -2 now and we have freezing rain all night.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Did it have a name? :D

Yes.
    "the beast" :eek:

Morning all. Worst night's sleep ever due to some fecking eejets shouting at each other outside my bedroom window for about an hour at half one last night. Trying to figure out what to wear to work for the sunshine #firstworldproblem. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Morning!

Dam, my legs feel like they are about to pop off. :o

Going to be taking a longer route while cycling home this evening too :eek:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

morning all.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Good morning!

I'm sitting here, nervously awaiting an e-mail off Aer Lingus España to tell me whether my flight back to Ireland on Thursday will be canceled or not.

They're having a "general strike" here on Thursday, not sure if its just in Barcelona or in the whole of CAT or even Spain but it means that all transport, including International flights, will be running at minimum levels of around 30-50%. The minister here gets to decide which flights will be allowed apparently...

He better pick Aer Lingus to Dublin pacman.gif

I'd love a week away in the sun now - and again in September.

Very tired this year in comparison to last year for some reason!

Also I've been missing my old job big time lately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just got stung by a wasp. A fookin' wasp. :mad:

That_Guy wrote: »
    Just got stung by a wasp. A fookin' wasp. :mad:
    At least its a sign of summer that they're around - accentuate the positive and all that muck! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

PaulieC wrote: »
    At least its a sign of summer that they're around - accentuate the positive and all that muck! :pac:

Fack off you. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Morning!

Dam, my legs feel like they are about to pop off. :o

Going to be taking a longer route while cycling home this evening too :eek:

How long is your cycle Drav?

Morning all :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement