Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ps3 Games I'm dying to play

• 05-03-2013 8:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2

1) Heavy Rain

This game was so hard to categorise based on the reviews:
    I went with RPG, but I would say this might be the most intriguing game on the ps3.
    Can't wait to play it!
    Will hope to see all of the endings in it

2) Walking Dead Episodes 1-5

Cost me an arm & a leg but I got it!
    So excited about the branch of story line, depending on your decisions!

3) Final Fantasy 13

I'm a diehard FF fan,
    & I missed out on the previous titles having cleared FF7/8/9/10/10-2.
    Can't wait to see how the new title holds up to previous high standards.

4) Metal Gear Solid 4

The epitome of stealth game.
    From previous games, an incredibly high standard;
    I don't think it could top Metal Gear Solid 3

5) Mass Effect 2

I saw my brother playing this,
    It seems really interesting:
    A RPG, but based on Star Trek style world.
    Need to try to buy Mass Effect 1 on a disc when it comes out.

6) Dead Space

The essential survival horror game: regarded by many as a masterpiece.
    I have my diaper ready, & I'm going to sit through it regardless of its daunting atmosphere :)

I would love to hear what your games are on your list & why!
    The best reply wins a prize :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Im guessing you've just gotten a ps3 , if so your in for a treat with those games. I wouldn't get too excited with Final Fantasy 13 though, especially if your a fanboy like myself. Of all those games you've mentioned you've just scratched the surface of the quality out there. Id start Mass Effect 2 first if I was you :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭sin0city

Off the top of my head:

Journey
    Assasin's Creed 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    Uncharted 2 and 3 (1 isn't as good in my opinion)
    GTA IV and Episodes from Liberty City
    Dragon Age: Origins
    Fallout 3
    Portal 2 (play 1 first if you can, on PC or the Orange Box for PS3)
    XCOM: Enemy Unknown

Agree with the above too, make sure you play Mass Effect and if, like me, you loved the earlier Final Fantasy games, stay away from XIII. X was the last great one in my opinion. You can get the first one on PS3 now too so play that first if you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I'm the same. Having loaned out my PS3 for the past year and a half I've missed out on:

Journey
    The Walking Dead
    Uncharted 3
    Infamous 2
    Heavy Rain
    Little Big Planet
    God Of War
    Batman AC
    MGS4
    ME3

And pretty much everything else.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You might want to lower your expectations of Final Fantasy 13, MGS4 and Heavy Rain quite significantly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

I don't know would I have traded the last 7 years of playing the ps3 but its unbelievable the amount of great titles you have missed out on OP , happy gaming :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,796 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh there's going to be a lot of disappointment there with Heavy Rain, FFXIII and MGS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Oh there's going to be a lot of disappointment there with Heavy Rain, FFXIII and MGS4.

You didn't like MGS4!? please tell us more :p;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Skerries wrote: »

Ssshh, don't encourage him, even in jest!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Ssshh, don't encourage him, even in jest!
    Skerries wrote: »

Don't, he doesn't like to talk about it.......:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Still havent played Darksiders to see if its as good as everyone says it is.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Have to agree with you on FF13

Advertisement