Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SPOILERS: We're Alive Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I think Michael survives and so will a number of the others like Burt.

Am basing that on a few of the journal readings done in season two where Burt and Michael started off talking in the past tense about events, and it seemed like they were a year or so down the line.

Also today is

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

well that was a headful this week. loads of stuff going on.

so the haze at ground zero is gone. that might point to human causes and the explosion in the first episode.

i do think there is a death coming -- or will the little one recognise that tanya is turning leaving her alone?? the last time there was a storm, all hell broke loose at the tower...

it sounded to me as if ink was broken out of the truck. maybe he had a following at raydon(?) who were also testing the drugs. Might account for the police tape and the smart one burt/saul/angel met on the roof? the last time i heard of them breaking into armoured vehicles was at fort irwin, again ripping the doors off. was that mentioned before that?

so was it they were testing for the military a super soldier drug and ole bill decided post wifes affair to go postal on the planet? that might account for the preparation h pallets...a kind of a cover story.

i am wondering still if raydon was worldwide, it doesnt sound like it however...

well that was a headful this week. loads of stuff going on.

so the haze at ground zero is gone. that might point to human causes and the explosion in the first episode.

i do think there is a death coming -- or will the little one recognise that tanya is turning leaving her alone?? the last time there was a storm, all hell broke loose at the tower...

it sounded to me as if ink was broken out of the truck. maybe he had a following at raydon(?) who were also testing the drugs. Might account for the police tape and the smart one burt/saul/angel met on the roof? the last time i heard of them breaking into armoured vehicles was at fort irwin, again ripping the doors off. was that mentioned before that?

so was it they were testing for the military a super soldier drug and ole bill decided post wifes affair to go postal on the planet? that might account for the preparation h pallets...a kind of a cover story.

i am wondering still if raydon was worldwide, it doesnt sound like it however...

If it does leave Tanya alone because of what is inside her, then they will have messed up the storyline somewhat as some of the little ones have gone after Saul since he was infected.

The ripping off of the doors does sound like the same type of creatures as the super strong ones at Irwin, which are different to the little ones, but that then begs another question. If those super strong creatures tore the door off of the prison wagon carrying Ink, then that means they were in LA on the first day of the outbreak, yet our original crew never came across them until season three.

Also the little ones were being numbered at the hospital where Kalani, Burt, Angel and Riley got the helicopter. Back when they discovered the tattooing equipment and when Ink caught the arrow after it was fired at him. And we have never seen any attempt by Micheal etc to investigate that place again despite it being an obvious link to Ink and his operation.

Am also wondering when are we going to see poor old Skittles again. If he is still out there alone and alive, then that will be an amazing feat as he will have survived alone and without weapons since the creature and Ink sacked CJ's tower. And that attack was just Ink and regular creatures. No little ones and no super strongs.

Also going back to the super strongs who can rip open armoured vehicles with their hands, seems a bit odd that Ink did not use them to break into the tower Michael & co had. After all they are now placing the super strongs in LA at the same time as Michael & co got into the tower.

Seems to be a lot of retconning going on, without much heed to how it fits into the original story.

Where did Ink buy his suit?

Will Michael continue to react with surprise to things he was around for in the opening two seasons?

Will the baby ever get born?

Will anyone remember that Burt and Reilly took off a few months ago and actually wonder how they are getting on?

For the answer to none of these question, today is that day.

NEW

EPISODE

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Peace y'all:p

After last week's gripping webisode, today brings us yet another brand new episode. :)

• Advertisement

Another dull episode, and the attack at the end on Datu and the two boys? Was that the cheapest sounding creature attack of the series?

They seem to be clueless so far as to how they are bringing the various storylines together, and it just feels so disjointed.

At least in the earlier seasons when there were multiple storylines on the go they were able to build tension and most episodes had a smooth feel to them in that you became immersed in what was going on.

Has gotten to the point where I don't care if any character is killed off because even the originals have become bland and one dimensional, with their individual character traits often been forgotten.

Will see the series out to the end, but for a web series that was so good for it's first two seasons, they are really going out with a whimper this season.

well bang goes my theory of the chemical company causing it...feck....;)

so looks like its the earthquakes and ink is just lording it up at the end of the world....

it does sound like datu is toast...

i have to admit the music at the end with the killing scene of glenn etc did sound like the music effects of champion the wonder horse for all of you old farts out there that remember that b&w series....LOL

i am beginning to wonder are all the journals now been read by Burt and maybe whats-her-face...as in everyone else at the colony is wiped out and when they return from the scratch adventures...thats all they find....

i have to say its still got my interest...i guess i am curious will they have a a1 finish like breaking bad or go for the full Lost type finish...i hope it isnt the latter...

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was a bit messy at the end of the episode. All I could tell was that there was a noise, they decided to leave, and then a lot of shouting and snivelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭muff03

Yeah, I'm still not sure what the hell happened. That Matagun crap is annoying. Plus it was as useful as a bag of kittens. And who the hell was Jay?

Wonder will we have a contaminated water supply or something, Datu is surely infected now too unless he's also immune, which would help with Saul's case. There were no diary bits either which was interesting. Bit of a let down after a good episode last week.

yep i think the issue with the matagun is its firing ball bearing too fast, so its a through and through so to speak. the 50 cal does a huge amount of damage.

also i dont know why they have not used the ole vegetable oil solution to the diesel generators..

i have listened to it a few times in and out of work. you are right it isnt clear datu is injured or dying or turning. it does sound like there is a few z floating about but good point on its not a log entry...interesting was the swipe and splatter sound...that would make it a little one (as in thats how they attack), wouldnt it?

also it does sound like there is water bubbling around at the end....could be the storm also...the bad news is it looks like 2 weeks to the next one....feck...

• Advertisement

Almost forgot about it this week, but the NEW EPISODE is up so it must be

NEW EPISODE DAY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

I've been an avid follower and have kept the faith even though as we all know its not as good as it was. Argueably getting slighter weaker since season one, but this episode was the first one that I actually lost interest in and my mind wandered, I had to rewind and listen again . Found it almost boring and the plot of these blood tests and slow turners to be a bit convaluted. I get no pleasure from saying this as I love the show and hope it does return to some of its former glory.
    All I can think of is maybe the original zeds are losing the ability to infect others as the virus mutates into little ones and boulder super Zs(still no word on them).
    For me this can explain slow turnering which will turn out to be no turning.
    If its not this some people will just have a natural immunity eg saul.

I was hoping with the start of the episode that we would get a real emotional episode with Datu, but then it became clear where the episode (and chapter) seem to be headed. At this rate we'll have nobody dying.

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

Wow, they released it early. That's cool. Anyone listen yet? Throwing it on in a few.

Another meh episode. Not as bad as the episode that came before it, but dull nonetheless despite the Randy reveal finally happening.

Did notice they left out one thing in the flashback though (unless Michael gets to meet some other person at the Waterworks) because I went back to the episode where the group finally meet up with Michael after the waterworks stuff and he has his broken arm properly bandaged/plastered up and was in good health.

In the new episode his arm was not looked after by the point he let Randy turn.

As a whole though this season has been pretty awful. There seems to be no real structure to any of the storylines anymore, no flow, no continuations or pick ups of worth. We have characters who went their own way that we have not heard about since and we have had month and months ( in terms of timeline) go by and nothing really happen.

Burt, Reily, Scratch etc seem to be dead ends now and any bit of momentum built up by Burt and Reily taking off has long stalled.

Saul and Victor being exiled by CJ brought no reaction of note from Michael and the others that would have been with Saul from the very start.

The lack of creatures is a joke, as are the token appearances from the odd one every now and then.

Plus no Scratch and the mallers despoite them now having had months and months to regroup.

And all the characters have become bland.

I know I have said a lot of the above already, but listening back to the earlier seasons just hammers home how good it was for the first two years.

Great pacing, genuine tension, characters that felt like actual people rather than just names, a sense of threat from the mallers and from the creatures, and episodes that worked well regardless of whether or not there was something big going on.

NEW

EPISODE

DAY

New Episode Day

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Fast went from 'eagerly anticipating each episode' in the older days to just randomly checking up on the site when I know there's a backlog of episodes to throw on as some background noise during gaming.

As for latest episode - Quite literally nothing happens... Dreadfully dull listening altogether.

Yep I am just sticking it out this season to see how it ends. Really has become awfully dull, and they have somehow managed to come up with a season that is far far worse than season three.

Listened to three episodes in a row. Not much going on. I think only myself and Kess listening now. We are clearly more stubborn than most!

At least Burt is back. He could have drawn some trouble along behind him.

Can someone remind me what Victor did to make Michael not trust him?

• Advertisement

Remember how the show jumped 5 months because nothing happened? Well something actually did happen, but they're not gonna tell us....... just 'cause. Going throwing the latest on now. I'm sticking with it to see it done, but they're not making it too easy.

EDIT: right, things aren't getting much better and can't get much worse at this stage. The ending is the only thing of note I thought. Kinda funny how what we're talking about with nothing happening is actually being referenced (kinda) by the characters, with Saul and the lads being very surprised at how little information or anything that Burt and Riley have on Scratch after all this time. Doesn't seem like there were any story arcs planned for this season, just a few bits and pieces. Like on Futurama when Fry was writing the Ally McBeal show:
    Leela: "Fry, there's nothing else here. You only wrote two pages of dialog."
    Fry: "Well, it took an hour to write. I thought it would take an hour to read."

Well now all the soldiers from Fort Irwin are dead with the exception of Puck.

And rather than us getting an exciting episode with the soldiers beign wiped out by the mallers or creatures (maybe even a Maller/creature alliance lol), we get treated to some horribly acted infighting in which some of the characters are only present via conference call.

It is actually getting hard to keep track of the time scale now. Lizzie was pregnant before she left the tower in season Two, months passed before she and Saul were reunited. Then weeks and months passed at the colony after Saul and Victor were kicked out with none of the originals backing them. Then during the big arguement in the most recent episode they say that it has been another four months since Reily and Burt left the Colony.

So how the hell has the baby not been born with all the jumps forward in the timeline?

They really cannot say that all the different events were happening at the same time, because they gave timelines between Lizzie leaving the tower and the tower falling. They also gave timelines for how long Pegs/Datu etc lived in Boulder as well as the other in Fort Irwin, and they gave timelines for how many weeks passed after the battle for the Colony and before Burt/Reilly left. And now in the latest episode they say that Burt/Reily were away for four months.

Also bugs me that things like searching Ink's house etc all happen off mic. Just quick mentions of how they were there.

Ahh to go back to the days when a loud noise made by the survivors would be met with the roar of creatures heading to investigate the noise.

Is today a

NEW

EPISODE

DAY?

Yes it is, and it is available to download on Itunes and on the WA site.

You know what just popped into my head? The helicopter they have.

They have a fully armed helicopter and have/had two pilots for it.

Why the hell have they not used it since they arrived at the colony? When they were at the original tower they were able to source fuel for two helicopters, and it is not as though the military chopper they have is a short range model because. if we think back. the Fort Irwin guys were able to fly from Irwin to LA and back without refuelling, and were also able to go from Irwin to Boulder and back.

It's like the chopper has been forgotten about when it could have been a much safer way to scout some areas than sending in cars or the now gone gun truck.

I forgot all about that. I suppose next week we'll find out more of what happened at Twin Towers.

Anyone seen Kess?

I'm back :)

And yesterday was

New

Episode

Day

:D

Was a better episode, and might have been the best episode of the series, but was kind of spoiled by the fact we knew exactly who survived thanks to what we heard in the two episodes that came before it.

A few things about the episode did annoy me though. They made a comment about how gas would not have an effect on the creatures and said that it failed against the zombies at Irwin.

But we already know that it can have an effect and we know this from as early as season one as the survivors were able to knock them out using Chloroform. We also know that the creatures can die from bleeding out as we saw this happen when CJ used her sword to cut their legs early on in season three.

So trying to go back to calling the creatures zombies and acting as if they are the undead does not really hold any water.

And the bit at the end about how Ink has to die. Wow what an earth shattering conclusion to draw. You would have thought someone would have thought of that already. Oh wait! The big ending for season three was a speech on how the war was going to be taken to Ink and the creatures. Instead we have gotten 18 episodes which have seen months and months and months go by and no war being taken to Ink and his lot.

And the hint at a mix of science and supernatural? (the symbols on the cell doors) Please no. They have retconned enough of the lore they have tried to created and done it badly. Would not like to see yet another sweeping revision made as it stinks of the writers either not paying attention to what they have already done, or some new writers in place who are just making it up as they go along whilst ignoring the years of storyline that came before.

And three weeks to the next episode.

• Advertisement

Good episode, or at least better than the last dozen or so. I don't see why they didn't do it in sequence, rather than as a retelling. Adds nothing to it, doesn't really fill in any gaps.

Advertisement