Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tech Support for Aritech Alarm systems

• 20-11-2008 10:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi - does anybody know if Aritech (or whatever they are now known as) have a technical support hel desk number or website or email address.
    I have a problem with an Aritech CS350 control panel.

DJM1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭rx8

Hi,
    I have an aritech control panel on my alarm system and technical support can be got from;

GE Interlogix Ireland Ltd.
    Unit 2008, Orchard Avenue,
    City West Business Campus,
    Naas Road,Dublin 24.

Customer Hotline Number is; (01) 4699750

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

whats the problem...maybe somebody on here can help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Agent 86

Hi Guys,

New to Boards.ie, so if this isn't the place to post this, apologies in advance...

have an Aritech CS350 House Alarm installed, recently did some DIY work which required me to move one of the sensors. I only seemingly have a 4-digit user code for the system which just allows me to arm/disarm it, so I couldn't disable or power down the unit when I moved the PIR sensor... anywise, long story short, I moved the sensor, re-wired it as it originally was and since then the alarm doesn't work. I get "Tamper" errors in ALL the zones in the house now... I'm trying to get a master code off the security company anywise, but said I'd see if anybody on here has any suggestions for me?

Thanks in Advance,

M.J.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Agent 86 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

New to Boards.ie, so if this isn't the place to post this, apologies in advance...

have an Aritech CS350 House Alarm installed, recently did some DIY work which required me to move one of the sensors. I only seemingly have a 4-digit user code for the system which just allows me to arm/disarm it, so I couldn't disable or power down the unit when I moved the PIR sensor... anywise, long story short, I moved the sensor, re-wired it as it originally was and since then the alarm doesn't work. I get "Tamper" errors in ALL the zones in the house now... I'm trying to get a master code off the security company anywise, but said I'd see if anybody on here has any suggestions for me?

Thanks in Advance,

M.J.

default code for the CS350 is 1278

it might never have been changed

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Allabaah

Agent 86,

I have found both the installation manual & the user manual for the Aritech CS250 on line at the following address

http://www.guardianalarms.net/home_security_manuals/home_security_manuals_aritech.htm

Unfortunately the document for the CS 250 is a scanned version so you can just find a keyword! However I have found them invaluable :D

Lex Author's advice is sound as my hadn't changed and I wasn't willing to pay a savage call out fee to fix an relatively minor issue.

Good luck!

/A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Aritech panels can always be defaulted back to factory settings (which will mean 1278 works) but this of course means reprogramming all the zones again. This may not be a big job and of course will be cheaper than a call out. Each panel has a particular way to reset it and it involves removing the PCB mounted battery from the CMOS memory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 djm1

Thanks to RX8 for the contact details above - I'll take Lex Luther up on his suggestion - here's a brief description of my problem

I have and aritech cs350 alarm system/ All zones work ok and the system can be armed and disarmed ok. The problem is that it keeps blowing either the F2 or F3 fuse when I try to test the system. If I arm the system and then open one of the zones, insteabd of the inernal or external bells sounding, either the F2 or F3 fuser blows. I've disconnected both internal and external bells and bought a new internal bell to check if this was the fault but the same thing is happening - fuse blowing. Any ideas?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

I can't recall what the spec is but make sure if slow-blow fuses are specified that they are in place-fast blow fues will keep blowing if used in the wrong app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 rumbleweed

I am trying to replace several very old ( 20 years) Airtech smoke and fire detectors. I can not figure out how to remove them from the mounting plate. There appears to be a small tab/lever on the black mounting base but not sure if this gets pushed pulled and then if detector turns or pulls straight off. Anyone ??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

murphaph wrote: »
    Aritech panels can always be defaulted back to factory settings (which will mean 1278 works) but this of course means reprogramming all the zones again. This may not be a big job and of course will be cheaper than a call out. Each panel has a particular way to reset it and it involves removing the PCB mounted battery from the CMOS memory.
    Chances are if the engineer code has been changed the panel has also been engineer locked. The CS350 does not have a PCB mounted battery.
    To try default the panel remove the link marked LK1 near the centre of the PCB, remove all power mains & battery.
    Reconnect mains power & replace link
    If defaulted the panel should power up with the language select screen
    (eng arrow up 1) user code will be 1122 & engineer code will be 1278
    If the panel does not default using this method then it has been engineer locked
    djm1 wrote: »
    Thanks to RX8 for the contact details above - I'll take Lex Luther up on his suggestion - here's a brief description of my problem

I have and aritech cs350 alarm system/ All zones work ok and the system can be armed and disarmed ok. The problem is that it keeps blowing either the F2 or F3 fuse when I try to test the system. If I arm the system and then open one of the zones, insteabd of the inernal or external bells sounding, either the F2 or F3 fuser blows. I've disconnected both internal and external bells and bought a new internal bell to check if this was the fault but the same thing is happening - fuse blowing. Any ideas?:confused:
    It sounds like there is a short circut on the internal and/or external bell
    disconnect both of these & power up the system. Connect internal,external & strobe one by one to see which causes the fuse to blow.

WRT the smoke detectors its usually a case of pressing the tab in & rotating the detector off the base, dont be afraid of damaging the base if your replacing the detector you can easily replace the base also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rena09

Hi All

Im wondering if anyone her can help me - we moved into a house that had an aritech alarm already. We do not have the code to arm or disarm the alarm. I have tried to use the ,manual and re set but it doesnt work. Can anyone give me some advise. The call out fee is €150.00 or therabouts ...... ????? Id appreciate the help:)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Shop around. Call outs will vary . But you should be able to get a call out to reset the panel & a full service for under €100.
    Where are you located?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Rena09

Hiya im in blanchardstown

PM me your number if you want us to take a look at it for you.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Guys , I'm getting "BYPASS 14 CALL ENGINEER "error on my alarm . Any ideas ?

Call Engineer 14 refters to a tamper on a perimiter zone.
    Either a short circut or the circut open.
    First thing I would look for is a sensor lid knocked off or loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭cd76

Hi,

I have an Aritech CS350 and have recently had new windows installed. I reattached the sensors to the window frame but now I get Open zone for both the downstairs and upstairs zones. Can anyone help.

To re-attach the sensors I opened them up and screwed the base plate to the frame and then screwed the cover back on.

many thanks

Certain sensors have an arrow. It would be on the side of the sensor head make sure that is pointing up. If you are using Aritech Sensors ensure the writing on the sensor head is horizontal.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭stedeb

hi all sorry for bringing this thread up
    thanks for any help in advance.
    here is my problem
    have an aritech (not sure of the model) alarm
    getting work done in house at the moment
    the alarm has gone off past few nights with a g3 and g4 upstairs windows
    only thing changed is insulation and new window boards
    sensors not detached for this
    i have the eng code but have no manual
    i went through and wrote down all the menus etc )

i went to user attributes and on user 1 allowed in(inhibit )
    i checked the setting for that zone to allow inhibit
    problem is
    i am trying to inhibit that zone when setting alarm but it will not allow me (inhibit not allowed)

is this because when setting the alarm there is no open zones so no inhibit is required
    any suggestions appreciated
    thanks
    ste

In engineer mode goto Zones- Attributes - check. IN is displayed for that zone. Do. The same for Users - Codes - Code Attributes.

• Advertisement

hi kk #i have checked
    both are marked with in
    i have 2 users will both be required to have in

should i be able to inhibit zone if i need to

also if electrician wants to take off box on windo do i need to put it in engineer mode
    how is this done
    thanks
    ste

Whatev code you want to be able to use to inhibit must have the required attribute.
    Once the system is an any part of the engineer menu tampers are disabled.
    Engineer code followed by arrow down.

noted kk thanks
    ill try it agian later as workers here at the mo and cant close the front door yet

also if i want to inhibit upstairs window should i be able to ?
    thanks

You can inhibit any zone that has the IN attribute applied.

thanks koolkid
    ill try it later
    i noticed when turning off alarm it says system disarmed then asks finished ???
    this has only shown up since i was at the menus checking out if in was on things
    what could it be
    thanks

If you have appied more attributes to a user code and you are setting / unsetting the system in short periods of time it may ask are you finishd after disarming. Its nothing to worry about. Even if you don't answer it will take it as yes after a short period of time.

noted thanks koolkid
    i was doing in short space
    thanks for your help

hi koolkid
    i tried to inhibit the zone earlier and it did not allow
    it is the cs-350 model (any idea where to find the manual online?)
    any ideas i have tried it with back door open as if there is a problem but it says not allowed

also the finished? is still showing now all the time

thanks
    ste

What error are you getting when trying to inhibit?
    Are you going into user menu > Inhibit .....

• Advertisement

hi koolkid

when i do 0down 7 for part gaurd
    then press up arrow it asks inhibit zone
    i pick 04 for upstairs windows
    it just says not allowed

i have a pir in hallway and that is inhibited for part gaurd automatically
    thanks
    ste

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement