Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Coupon Chat Only]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭brian_t

DEBBIE41 wrote: »
    hi all new to boards.ie and coupons ,was just wondering if there is a limit on how many coupons you can print on pigsback and other sites
    :)

There may be a limit on facebook coupons but not on pigsback.

On pigsback when you have printed your selected coupons once - you need to go back to the main page and select again even if you are choosing the same ones again.

Each printed coupon must have a different SecurityID code.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 DEBBIE41

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,211 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Just back from Tesco Arklow
    Purchase 10 Uncle Bens products using the 50 cent off coupon.
    For the first time, I felt there was a real check made to ensure the coupons were valid and that I had bought the number of products to match the number of coupons. The lady on the check out thought initially that I hadn't bought the required number of products.
    When I explained that I had the same number of products as coupons, there was no problem accepting them.
    She explained that the message was coming down the line to check coupons carefully as there were invalid coupons being used in the store.

Just a heads up that I believe Tesco are going to scrutinise coupons far more thouroughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Coupon King

Just to note that Uncle Bens Express rice packs are all 2 for €3 until May 30th 2012 at Superquinn.

Using the 50cent Coupon off each pack works out at €1 per pack compared to Tesco 2 for €4.00 offer and €1.50 per pack after using the coupon.

Great value to be had at Superquinn this week and they happily accepted all of my coupons this morning.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

Hi Everyone - Just wanted to say keep up the good work and sharing them. I'm new to this but hope to be posting up my bargains fairly soon ! It's nice to know there are like minded people out there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

Did a coupon shop this monring in Dunnes and Tescos. Used €21.40 worth of coupons, getting shopping worth €39.28 for €17.88.
    At full price these same items (before in store reductions) would have cost me €65.15

Details below:

savings.bmp

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭mrswalton

oooh Siber, I do love a sexy spreadsheet.Nice work.

Lovely way to demonstrate to newbies the importance of holding onto coupons until the product is on offer to maximise savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

siber wrote: »
    Did a coupon shop this monring in Dunnes and Tescos. Used €21.40 worth of coupons, getting shopping worth €39.28 for €17.88.
    At full price these same items (before in store reductions) would have cost me €65.15

Details below:

savings.bmp

Is the 2 brennands for €2.50 offer over in tesco or do u just not need that much bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

siber wrote: »

Details below:

savings.bmp

yeah good way to show savings! Is the 2 brennands for €2.50 offer over in tesco or do u just not need that much bread?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭siber

No - the Brennan's bread offer is not over yet. The Tesco website says that the 2 for €3 runs until 5th June. As you guessed, I did not need much bread today and my freezer is full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

brian_t wrote: »
    There may be a limit on facebook coupons but not on pigsback.

On pigsback when you have printed your selected coupons once - you need to go back to the main page and select again even if you are choosing the same ones again.

Each printed coupon must have a different SecurityID code.

I printed off 20 for the Felix offer last week and they all had the same code :eek: Same for the Ribena ones :o (Pigsback)
    They were still accepted in Dunnes. Granted the girl didnt scan each one,just counted them up and subtracted it from the total.

Chucken wrote: »
    I printed off 20 for the Felix offer last week and they all had the same code :eek: Same for the Ribena ones :o (Pigsback)
    They were still accepted in Dunnes. Granted the girl didnt scan each one,just counted them up and subtracted it from the total.

Did you go back to the main page and reselect the coupons each time you printed them.

(The securityID code is the vertical one)

No!! They all definetely had the same code. Ah well,I got away with it this time.
    I'll know better in future :)

On the other thread,someone very nicely put up "a sheet" with 6 coupons on it for Jacobs Why Not. They all have the same code :confused:

On the other thread,someone very nicely put up "a sheet" with 6 coupons on it for Jacobs Why Not. They all have the same code :confused:

The pigsback coupons have two codes. The horizontal one identifies the product and the discount, and will be the same on all the coupons you print. The vertical security code is the one that will change each time you reselect the same coupon.

The WhyNot coupons are not pigsback ones and do not have a security code.
    No!! They all definetely had the same code. Ah well,I got away with it this time.

Abusing the rules of the pigsback coupons won't affect their acceptance in the short term. But I think that most coupon users would like the ability to continue using them in the long term. :)

:eek: I didnt do it on purpose. Thats why Im asking how to do it properly.

I didnt realise I had to print them the way you said. I know now so alls well :)

When I said "I got away with it" I meant that as a joke. Id never try to con anyone :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

When i go to Pigsback - the cache remembers my last printed so each time i print a coupon i have to delete the cache in internet options each time to print individual codes,

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

so where are all the waterford couponers? went to dunnes today and asked the manager if they took pigsback coupons, he had never heard of them but brought me to his boss who said they hadnt up to now, in fact he had never even seen them but he would get on to head office and i could ring in the morning. they were super nice, but hey, surely someone one in a city the size of waterford has handed in pigsback coupons?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

The why not coupons came from Fb, and I checked the barcode was the same for each one from different fb accounts so it was ok for me to couple them together.
    Pigsback coupons are linked to your account, the security code on them is given for each time you print a coupon. I dont know how strict they are but it should be nothing for you to clear your cache and print the coupons you want again. would hate to hear of someone unknowingly getting their pigsback account shut down * havent heard of it mind, but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rungirl

i have used coupons in dunnes in city square, never had a problem with them taking them. which dunnes where you in??

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

rungirl wrote: »
    i have used coupons in dunnes in city square, never had a problem with them taking them. which dunnes where you in??

dunnes city square! maybe i made the mistake of approaching the managers first, when i asked the assistant manager he went and asked some of the cashiers, some said they did take them and some said they didnt so he then went on to ask his superior who never heard of them! (so if they are accecpted by some who then processes them??) i never got the chance to go back to follow up. its not my normal supermarket as the parking is a dose!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Did a coupon shop today SQ and purchased the below

6 bottles of coors light 10.49 - 1.00 coupon = 9.49
    JMOB Toastie 1.69 - 50c coupon = 1.19
    Ribena plus 3.94 - 1.00 coupon = 2.94
    Persil Bio 3.45 (marked down from 5.17 ) -2.00 coupon = 1.45
    Comfort 2.00 - 1.00 coupon = 1.00
    Carefree Ultra 2.00 - 70c coupon = 1.30
    John west twist tuna 1.79 - 60c coupon = 1.19
    Johnson baby bath 1.86 - 1.00 coupon = 86c
    Mcambridge 1.69 - 60c coupon = 1.09
    Deli Ham 3.99 - 1.00 coupon = 2.99
    Big Al bites 5.99 - 1.00 coupon = 4.99
    Big Al tenders 5.99 - 1.00 coupon = 4.99
    Big Al burgers 3.95 - 1.00 coupon = 2.95
    Why not biscuits 2.84 - 1.00 coupon = 1.84
    Lig 1.37 - 1.00 coupon = .37c

Also used 3 x 1.50 SQ vouchers so

Total before coupons 51.04
    Total after coupons and vouchers 34.14
    Savings 16.90

The cashier was not impressed scanning all the coupons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 emschlem

Is it possible to use the vouchers when shopping online? :confused:

emschlem wrote: »
    Is it possible to use the vouchers when shopping online? :confused:

All the coupons mentioned in the couponing forum need to be used in store and are no use for online shopping at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 emschlem

Saved €4.60 in Tesco Today.

Persil Bio: €6.39 - €2
    J's Baby Bath: €1.44 - €1
    Comfort Fab con: €2.59 - €1
    AM Fresh Milk: €1.99 - €0.30
    Panty-liners: €1.59 - €0.70

*PB savings.

How often do the vouchers on pigsback change? ?

Dunnes ashbourne had the why not bars at 1.79
    but i didnt bring my coupons with me to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I see SuperValu are on the Pigsback list again!!!

For all those who use up a lot of ink in their printers can I suggest a couple of things to help you.

1: get a mono laser printer. This one here is £58 from amazon delivered with free delivery, there is enough ink supplied to do you around 600 pages.
    the ink for these works out around 29 euros delivered from amazon or other places and can print around 1000 pages!

2: use a pdf to print software, like bullzip. I have found it invaluable the amount of times I use it. from printing all pigsback coupons several times then cutting them and putting them all on one page, fitting more on a page etc, i find this is a great asset.

I can provide hint and tips for using the software if you need.
    its also free here.
    http://www.bullzip.com/products/pdf/info.php

So boys and girls,we all seem to be getting the hang of the coupons :)
    On tv,they all have lovely fat folders full..so..are you that organised or are your coupons shoved in a drawer?
    I'd love a little folder but dont know where to find one.
    I was thinking of using a photo album :)

If you are very organised, how do you catagorize your coupons?
    By shop?
    By expiry?
    By product?
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

I have a little Gilette bag that belonged to my hubby, Its stuffed full. I paper clip my bundles and sort by size. I need to get something better though.

• Advertisement

Advertisement