Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Padkir

Has anyone had any luck with tickets.ie? That's what I usually use but it keeps coming up with an error!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Padkir wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with tickets.ie? That's what I usually use but it keeps coming up with an error!!

Go via the GAA site, worked for me, tickets.ie kept going back to the start page after you selected the game you wanted

Go via the GAA site, worked for me, tickets.ie kept going back to the start page after you selected the game you wanted

Yeah that was happening me earlier too, even when I went via GAA site! Will just get them in Centra I think, just hope they're decent seats!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Padkir wrote: »
    Yeah that was happening me earlier too, even when I went via GAA site! Will just get them in Centra I think, just hope they're decent seats!

Is it possible to get tickets in Centra?Tickets are for sale tomorrow night at the Sportlann,what time do you reckon they be flogging them at?

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is it possible to get tickets in Centra?Tickets are for sale tomorrow night at the Sportlann,what time do you reckon they be flogging them at?

Not sure to be honest. My club secretary told me you could get them at Centra!

• Advertisement

Got a couple on gaa.ie:D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

seligehgit wrote: »
    Got a couple on gaa.ie:D

You are into couples.... naughty!
    Any joy with the tickets?

Supervalu definitely sell them.

LOL got 2 for the lower Hogan 326,in the corner.Weather forecast is not great for Saturday,think I'll bring the rain gear just to be safe.Think row P is under the roof.Pretty hopeful for Saturday,not too optimistic re the minors chances!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Looks like there will be a special train service from Mayo for the match after all. Details here: http://www.irishrail.ie/cat_offers.jsp?i=4635

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

What's peoples thoughts on Murphy? Can he do a job for us this year, or is it a bit late for him coming into the panel? He might provide that extra spark for us if he gets his chance, God knows we need it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

What's peoples thoughts on Murphy? Can he do a job for us this year, or is it a bit late for him coming into the panel? He might provide that extra spark for us if he gets his chance, God knows we need it!

Personally speaking I think he was only brought in to make up the numbers for an A v B game. Panel was a little thin with Mort gone, Harte etc all injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Personally speaking I think he was only brought in to make up the numbers for an A v B game. Panel was a little thin with Mort gone, Harte etc all injured.

He's the leading scorer in the Mayo championship, could well be just what we need up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Jimmy Macnulty

Conroy in for Varley and OShea in for Geraghty. Rest the same as Sligo. Strong team. Hope our forwards start firing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Conroy in for Varley and OShea in for Geraghty. Rest the same as Sligo. Strong team. Hope our forwards start firing

Don't think O'Shea has the legs at the moment for anywhere near 75mins of top class intercounty. Thought he looked very heavy when he came on against Sligo. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I agree. i would have started Geraghty and Moran and brought on Oshea for 60 mins or so. Promised a wet day so might suit Oshea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Is that the official team?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Don't think O'Shea has the legs at the moment for anywhere near 75mins of top class intercounty. Thought he looked very heavy when he came on against Sligo. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Thought he looked the complete opposite. Game changer and we'll need him on Saturday.

Is that the official team?

That was the one announced after training last night. Will be interesting to see how Conroy plays. He didnt play well at all against cork in the league final up there. Mayo now Mortimor is gone he might shine as the two of them seemed to always make the same run and the full forward line was cluttered

Ok I am not convinced about Conroy

He did not win much ball at the league final, he looked slow, overweight, uninterested.

He won a bit more ball in the Connaught final when he came on but he did not do very much with it.

But I'll have to give him the benifit of the doubt beacuse the rest are not great either.

Anyway Borlly says that Down have no defence :)

Not at all convinced by Michael Conroy,very poor in the Connaught final.Suppose that could be said for all the forwards other than Alan Dillon and Andy Moran.Definitely would start Aidan O Shea if he is fully fit.Made quite a difference when he came on,superior footballer to Danny Geraghty.He is never going to be quickest man off the block!:DYeah the conditions are likely to suit him on Saturday. Really hope Cillian O Connor shows a bit better on Saturday,form very poor thus far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I thought Horan might leave him on the bench and bring him on early in the second half. He obviously thinks he is fit enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Jason doherty named at center half forward while conroy and o connor named as the 2 corner forwards. O shea starts in midfield with moran

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Jason doherty named at center half forward while conroy and o connor named as the 2 corner forwards. O shea starts in midfield with moran

Where did you get this from?

Good to see O'Conor inside, interesting putting Doherty there at half forward. Have to try something I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭john mayo 10

Blackjack wrote: »
    Where did you get this from?

Inside info .its true though. honestly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Inside info .its true though. honestly

Grand so. Not a bad line up, but we really need Doherty to find his scoring boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

Blackjack wrote: »
    Grand so. Not a bad line up, but we really need Doherty to find his scoring boots.

I think all he needs is one good game to get back on track. Not sure that bringing him further away from goals is going to help much with that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Seans_Username

Someone was on about the Mayo GAA page on facebook a while ago and they put up the team:

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
    2. Kevin Keane - Westport
    3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5. Lee Keegan - Westport
    6. Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    7. Colm Boyle - Davitts
    8. Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
    9. Danny Geraghty - Ballintubber
    10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    11. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
    12. Alan Dillon - Ballintubber
    13. Enda Varley - Garrymore
    14. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen (Captain)
    15. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

This is what they're saying, it's up on twitter too. I know someone said O'Shea was starting earlier but there's no mention of him on that. If he isn't starting I'd say Horan will do the same as the Sligo game and bring him on in the second half. It could be a fitness thing

Someone was on about the Mayo GAA page on facebook a while ago and they put up the team:

1. David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites
    2. Kevin Keane - Westport
    3. Ger Cafferkey - Ballina Stephenites
    4. Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis
    5. Lee Keegan - Westport
    6. Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe
    7. Colm Boyle - Davitts
    8. Barry Moran - Castlebar Mitchels
    9. Danny Geraghty - Ballintubber
    10. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore
    11. Cillian O'Connor - Ballintubber
    12. Alan Dillon - Ballintubber
    13. Enda Varley - Garrymore
    14. Andy Moran - Ballaghaderreen (Captain)
    15. Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

This is what they're saying, it's up on twitter too. I know someone said O'Shea was starting earlier but there's no mention of him on that. If he isn't starting I'd say Horan will do the same as the Sligo game and bring him on in the second half. It could be a fitness thing

well that's totally at odds with what has been said here before and in other media

No O' Shea
    No Conroy for Varley
    Cillian O' Conor in the half forwards

Here is the link http://www.mayogaa.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Anyway Borlly says that Down have no defence :)

Cue at least 4 Down defenders winning an All-Star, poor Joe hates every county he has ever played against that had the temerity to beat Derry.

Down are pretty average though, in reality teh game against Tipp was a real 50/50 battle that could have went either way, Down got a very fortunate goal at the stroke of half time that ultimatelyproved the difference.

That said Mayo looked pretty ordinary in the Connaught final, perhaps the Mortimer circus was a distraction, but Mayo do look exceedingly ordinary in the inside forward line, still they should handle Down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement