Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Secret Circle (US Pace) [** Spoilers **]

• 17-02-2011 7:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

I'm sooooooo confident this pilot will be picked up to series, i'm making a thread! :D [but then again last season i thought Betwixt would also be picked up, eh?]

Liz Friedlander will make her pilot directing debut with the CW's Secret Circle for Warner Bros. TV and Alloy Entertainment. Written by Andrew Miller and Kevin Williamson based on the book series from The Vampire Diaries author L.J. Smith, Secret Circle tells the story of a young woman who moves to a new town and discovers that not only is she a witch and part of a secret coven, but she’s also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil. Gersh-repped Friedlander, who started off as a music video and commercial director, has helmed multiple episodes of several CW series, including The Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill and 90210.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The "Secret Circle" pilot is keeping it in the CW family.

EW reports that "Life Unexpected's" Britt Robertson has been cast in the new project which is based on a series of books by "Vampire Diaries" author L.J. Smith. However, the casting news comes with a catch.

The project centers on a young woman, Cassie, who moves to a new town and soon learns she is part of a secret coven of witches. If that wasn't enough pressure for a teenage girl, she is also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil

^ good news for Britt, she was great on Life Unexpected.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

"I haven't done TV in a couple years now,"

Oh man, has it really been that long since T:SCC ended? *sobs*

• Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm sooooooo confident this pilot will be picked up to series, i'm making a thread! :D [but then again last season i thought Betwixt would also be picked up, eh?]

Liz Friedlander will make her pilot directing debut with the CW's Secret Circle for Warner Bros. TV and Alloy Entertainment. Written by Andrew Miller and Kevin Williamson based on the book series from The Vampire Diaries author L.J. Smith, Secret Circle tells the story of a young woman who moves to a new town and discovers that not only is she a witch and part of a secret coven, but she’s also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil. Gersh-repped Friedlander, who started off as a music video and commercial director, has helmed multiple episodes of several CW series, including The Vampire Diaries, One Tree Hill and 90210.

I think it is safe to say it will be picked up

• Advertisement

Aww, I really want to like, but I think I'm finally outgrowing the whole wicca on tv thing. Good lord if my Mom could see me now :P

Lost Girl creator Michelle Lovretta is coming on board The Secret Circle as a Producer/Writer.

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/06/lost-girl-creater-writer-michaelle.html#ixzz1OFxvVvKa

Writer/producer Richard Hatem, whose pilot Heavenly was not picked up by The CW, will still have a place at the network this season as he has announced that he will be an executive producer for the highly-anticipated series The Secret Circle.

Hatem's previous credits include Supernatural, The Gates, and Tru Calling.

http://www.ksitetv.com/category/secret-circle/

Fan-favorite Smallville writers Don Whitehead & Holly Henderson have joined the writing staff of The CW's new series The Secret Circle.

The news came from a tweet from Whitehead this evening.

"H & I so excited to be in the #SecretCircle Writers Room today - magical show, magical people!" Whitehead said.

http://www.kryptonsite.com/news.htm

Seems a very good writing team/producers is being assembled.

http://thesecret-circle.com/

• Advertisement

secret-circle-promo-poster.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 character

Looking forward to this. I'm a big fan of the Vampire Diaries. The supernatural thing is bound to burn itself out soon though.

What's next?

:eek: this ain't a good start to the show!!!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/secret-circle-executive-producer-richard-hatem-exits-cw-series/

Writer/Producer Richard Hatem (The Gates) has quit The Secret Circle for "creative reasons", Writers/Producers Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain had previously left the project

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 character

:eek: this ain't a good start to the show!!!

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/secret-circle-executive-producer-richard-hatem-exits-cw-series/

Writer/Producer Richard Hatem (The Gates) has quit The Secret Circle for "creative reasons", Writers/Producers Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain had previously left the project

I wouldn't be so sure - I thought the Gates was pretty poor: a lame cash-in on the buzz for things supernatural and especially vampire-related. The cast was disappointing (apart from menacing Rhona Mitra) and the story lurched along without really taking flight. So the gates writer/prod leaving isn't necessarily fatal.

And Craft and Fain have mixed baggage - They were heavily associated with three series of the Shield - which was stunningly good - but they have Dollhouse on their record!

character wrote: »
    A question for you Richard, as you seem to be a fan if all this genre stuff - what's the next big thing going to be? We've had vampires, werewolves, aliens, serial killers....
    here's my thoughts
    http://shaolinsybarite.wordpress.com/2011/07/29/weve-had-vampires-weve-had-werewolves-now-what/
    Like to know yours. And anyone else's, obviously...:)

The buzz is for pirates and vikings...i'm no kidding!
    Do a search, i did a thread on the planned shows.

I'd 100% recomend Lost Girl if you like genre shows.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,568 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...Secret Circle tells the story of a young woman who moves to a new town and discovers that not only is she a witch and part of a secret coven, but she’s also the key that will unlock a centuries-old battle of good versus evil...
    To be honest, it sound like a rehashing mixture of "Point Pleasant" and "Haven".
    I loved "Life Unexpected" & Britt Robertson, was sorry to see it end - so I do hope this goes the distance.

Pilots available for free download on iTunes if anyone wants to grab it.
    Watching it now, feels very teen orienatated & I almost feel perverted watching it...
    Music is kicking ass so far.
    Not entirely sold on Dekker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,789 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like Sky Living will be showing this seen it advertised on there

Just finished watching the pilot
    *The soundtrack kicks ass
    * The adult storyline is far more compelling than the young'uns. That's just me though, I probably would have enjoyed the kids more if I were 12-16yrs old.
    *Zero chemistry between Britt Rob & Thomas Dekker. In fact I think Dekker is totally wrong for the part(would love to hear everyone elses thoughts on his casting) He's too feminine?
    I'm pretty much sold on the other wiccans.

Anyone else get a Supernatural vibe from the scene just before the title card?

Will continue to watch it, but I hope it doesn't play straight to the target teen girl demographic.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I got around to watching this last night. I quite liked it actually.

I agree that the adult story is more interesting than the teens, I definitely got a supernatural vibe from the intro, the special effects were really good and the sing-song title tune/outro tune is going to drive me nuts before the end of the season.

Doesn't look like its going to be Charmed v2 either - its going down a different route.

I liked it though (more than I thought I would).

Agreed, it was much better then Ringer, on every level....Gale Harold is ace!, playing the baddie....as noted the effects shots looked great, especially the rain in the forest. It does feel like The Craft alot. Hard to take Dekker as the straight male hottie when he's sooo damn camp in real life!

But it was a much stronger pilot then expected, Britt Robertson is pretty good as Cassie, ratings wise it held almost 100% of it's TVD lead-in, much better numbers then Ringer, this is a perfect pairing, a good fit for the CW.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭andala

I'm ashamed to admit I liked it although I'm probably too old for yet another CW show about teenagers. I'm hoping for more of the adult plot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Lirange

andala wrote: »
    I'm ashamed to admit I liked it although I'm probably too old for yet another CW show about teenagers. I'm hoping for more of the adult plot

I'm 36 and found it interesting enough. Will keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm enjoying it too. A good story is a good story.

Episode 2 kept up the standard of the pilot, although I'm not sure why someone told Thomas Dekker that talking like Christian Bale in Batman was a good idea.

Dark scene with Dawn's father-in-law near the end.... Not a woman you want to piss off.

Very solid second ep. - fleshing out the coven more. Even though she's a bad girl and loose cannon, my fave is Faye. Diana is a bit uptight thus far but i appreciate the honest delivery that she was insecure about Cassie, it's a bit of a slow burner...not much threat or overall arc quite yet.

Clearly now that they'd sealed the circle shiit is gonna go down, lots of little practicle witchy effects, while done for budgets reasons i think adds to the show, i don't think a CGIfest would suit the tone of the show.

They've certainly made Dawn and stronger character, pity grandpa had to say Gale Harold was an idiot, we don't need stupid adult characters on this show. Overall a solid second episode, will continue to watch.

Mr E wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it too. A good story is a good story.

Episode 2 kept up the standard of the pilot, although I'm not sure why someone told Thomas Dekker that talking like Christian Bale in Batman was a good idea.

Dark scene with Dawn's father-in-law near the end.... Not a woman you want to piss off.

Have you seen his YouTube vids?....the guy is uber camp!, he's gay off camera, thus he has to apply the deep voice like he does in everything, otherwise he'd never been taken seriously as a love interest! ;)

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if I'm going to stay watching. Gonna wait until around episode 6ish to see if anything clicks with me.

Advertisement