Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus looking for Drivers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

V.W.L 11 wrote: »
    When's the test??? Well done on getting through

wednesday during lunch time thankfully !

wouldn't like to be doing it during rush hour like i saw yesterday morning on the way to work at 8am on the quays, big bus with huge L plates !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭V.W.L 11

wednesday during lunch time thankfully !

wouldn't like to be doing it during rush hour like i saw yesterday morning on the way to work at 8am on the quays, big bus with huge L plates !
    one of the training deckers!surely if you get through that 1 hour then you are virtually in???what are they using nowadays as driver trainers?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Trebor176

There are still a couple of the 1994 registered RAs in the red livery, and the large L's. These are to be withdrawn soon, but most of the training fleet are AVs, namely AV94 (with a modified window behind the driver's window, with the fuel cap moved further back), AV162, 165, 169-171. There may be more, but I don't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 flash123123

Hi There, I applied for this job about 2 months ago and I still haven't heard a word back accept for the auto response email. Is anyone else who applied waiting this long?
    Any info would be great.
    Thanks

Hi There, I applied for this job about 2 months ago and I still haven't heard a word back accept for the auto response email. Is anyone else who applied waiting this long?
    Any info would be great.
    Thanks

Yeah i applied about 2 months ago. Did the written exam about 2 weeks ago and driving test today

Takes its time alright

• Advertisement

Yeah i applied about 2 months ago. Did the written exam about 2 weeks ago and driving test today

Takes its time alright

Cheers for that, hopefully I'll hear soon.
    Did you hear from them by email or post?
    How did your test go today?

Cheers for that, hopefully I'll hear soon.
    Did you hear from them by email or post?
    How did your test go today?

All done by post which makes it a bit slow

Passed the driving test today and did the interview

Have to wait probably another 2 weeks before i hear again

Well done with your test, best of luck to ye with the job..
    Thanks for the info. I'll just keep playing this waiting game ha!!

you are all but in now :D

Just got a call from dublin bus .... attend a medical !

• Advertisement

are you in good general health?

Ah fair play, all going well I'd say that's you sorted now. Well done..

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Good sign. Final hurdle, you should know the day after your medical when you start.

They appear to have sped up the process since I went through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Wickerman1

Well done. What does the medical consist of?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They do a urine/blood test then check blood pressure and al;so hook you up and do a heart check as your job will be deemed high risk.

They like to cover themselves for obvious reasons with the live load you will be carrying.

They do a urine/blood test then check blood pressure and al;so hook you up and do a heart check as your job will be deemed high risk.

They like to cover themselves for obvious reasons with the live load you will be carrying.
    bad backs don't count so??? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

bad backs don't count so??? :cool:

The seats are not up to much so if you do have one it may be difficult for you.

The seats are not up to much so if you do have one it may be difficult for you.

Are back problems an issue for the medical???

• Registered Users Posts: 3 truck_driver

Hi , I passed on driving test and interview too.....
    Now I need do medical exams !!! After I ready here this Looks ATPL(pilot) first class medical exams :-D :-)

My drive test was nice ... I had blue and yellow Bus..... I saw some guys did in the red colour Bus I guess 1994 with big """L"" :-D....
    My bus had no""L"" just double mirrors for the guy did my drive test
    .... but close Trinity College One guy in the van give me way to pass after he saw I am doing test on Bus ....
    Really nice driver on that van.

Many people got drive test and did not pass ..... the answer from the guy was did my exam ,,,,, guys just broken mirrors around the drive test.

Who going to have drive test , keep calm , I saw One guy there was shaking before driving test..... honestly if you arrive there nervous .... less points before start test .....
    Before you start a bus examiner Guy will may take bus into open place for you ... to see if you can manage this bus inside yard (garage), he show how turn on and off(sequence of switches... bus does not has keys)
    Drink a Camomile tea before going there ....
    Test is around one hour in the more busy streets in the city centre .... than relax before go to test.
    Keep attention on mirrors all time , if stop bus for more de 3 seconds push handbrake all time ...... Before take off handbrake look all mirrors from out side and inside also , this show you have attention on traffic, bikes, motorbikes ,taxis , kids inside and outside bus .
    Attention for 30km in city centre are , but don't only drive in this speed if you are out of this area zone and has free way front of you . Stop slow bus all time ...

Try to use road lanes marks all time this will help who does not drive bus or big vehicles allot .....Roads marks really can help in this case ..... the more big problem in the city centre in the period of test is .....
    Many streets are with people fixing ... example close trinity college around .

Good luck Guys
    I am not Inside yet but I hope all going ok with me on medical exams.
    Take care all

Nice little write up there.

To be honest, a lot of people are failing the driving test on purpose (to stay on social welfare or whatever it may be) or they just didnt learn to drive properly

I just passed the medical exam there. Didn't do an ECG though :/

Was told theres nothing stopping me from getting it medical wise and they'll be in touch but didnt say when exactly !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

It will be very soon. Maybe even by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭frankyboy1986

So if they take on more new 4 day drivers over the next few months is there a chance that some of the current 4 day drivers who started earlier this year may move onto the 5 day junior spare rota?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

So if they take on more new 4 day drivers over the next few months is there a chance that some of the current 4 day drivers who started earlier this year may move onto the 5 day junior spare rota?
    Yes. It will vary garage to garage though.

It will be very soon. Maybe even by the end of the week.

The waiting is killing me to be honest !
    waiting for the call seems to be the worst part !

The waiting is killing me to be honest !
    waiting for the call seems to be the worst part !
    well if you have passed everything you are guaranteed to be in but nothing worse than waiting on THAT call to reassure you!

well if you have passed everything you are guaranteed to be in but nothing worse than waiting on THAT call to reassure you!

Its horrible indeed.

all i need is the call and a yes and im taking the rest of the day off from work !

Just judging by the Times they called me before it'll be about 3pm !

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭stinkbomb

I think it was agreed that, after the first 70 4 day week drivers have been taken on, one driver will move up to the junior 5 week rota for every additional driver recruited on the 4 day week.

Its horrible indeed.

all i need is the call and a yes and im taking the rest of the day off from work !

Just judging by the Times they called me before it'll be about 3pm !

Any word???

Any word???

Nope.

But my bitch of a manager came up to me today to say they were calling in looking for a reference and that the company doesnt give any even though i asked !!!

Gonna give them a shout tomorrow and give them another and see how it goes.

Id really hate for this to let me down now !

• Advertisement

Nope.

But my bitch of a manager came up to me today to say they were calling in looking for a reference and that the company doesnt give any even though i asked !!!

Gonna give them a shout tomorrow and give them another and see how it goes.

Id really hate for this to let me down now !
    oh for fcuk sake!are your current employers complete idiots?

Advertisement