Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Love him won't lose him

• 07-12-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi Nice to meet you. I hope you're all well.
    Here is my issue: my boyfriend is a foreign national. As he is not from Europe, he requires a visa to live here in Ireland. He is currently on a student visa. He applied to do a masters last year and paid his fees in full to do so. The masters course runs a few months past his 7 year student allowance but we did not think this was an issue as he was granted a visa for the first year of this course. When he went to the visa office last Wednesday, he was refused a visa extension. So he is now half way through his second year of the masters and told he can not get any extension. His visa is expiring now. I am absolutely torn apart with worry over this. We had expected that he would get the visa extension to complete his course up until may next year so it's come as a massive shock. Is this legal? Can they really refuse him after he has paid 10,000 euros in fees to the college? And he's told to leave without even getting his masters???? Surely this isn't fair!?
    If we go back to visa office and try again, would they know he was refused a visa on Wednesday??
    What do we do? Please help us thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mari2222

What are the rules applicable to his student visa? Has he breached these rules? Can he leave the country and return under another visa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

Hi Nice to meet you. I hope you're all well.
    Here is my issue: my boyfriend is a foreign national. As he is not from Europe, he requires a visa to live here in Ireland. He is currently on a student visa. He applied to do a masters last year and paid his fees in full to do so. The masters course runs a few months past his 7 year student allowance but we did not think this was an issue as he was granted a visa for the first year of this course. When he went to the visa office last Wednesday, he was refused a visa extension. So he is now half way through his second year of the masters and told he can not get any extension. His visa is expiring now. I am absolutely torn apart with worry over this. We had expected that he would get the visa extension to complete his course up until may next year so it's come as a massive shock. Is this legal? Can they really refuse him after he has paid 10,000 euros in fees to the college? And he's told to leave without even getting his masters???? Surely this isn't fair!?
    If we go back to visa office and try again, would they know he was refused a visa on Wednesday??
    What do we do? Please help us thanks

How long are ye in a relationship, are ye living together, if so how long.

BTW its not a visa, its a Stamp 2 permission. But I can not understand how he got his last Stamp 2 as it should have been clear that the stamp would run out mid course. The best advice is to engage a solicitor who is an expert in the area, please only use a solicitor who operates in this area,get advice from other people who have engaged a solicitor. Get this sorted before permission expires. If a person is in the country without permission a section 3 letter of intention to make a deportation order more than likely issue, that is a very serious matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Madabouthim

infosys wrote: »

BTW its not a visa, its a Stamp 2 permission. But I can not understand how he got his last Stamp 2 as it should have been clear that the stamp would run out mid course. The best advice is to engage a solicitor who is an expert in the area, please only use a solicitor who operates in this area,get advice from other people who have engaged a solicitor. Get this sorted before permission expires. If a person is in the country without permission a section 3 letter of intention to make a deportation order more than likely issue, that is a very serious matter.

Thanks. Well his his stamp 2 permission is expiring in a week. How would we go about getting a solicitors letter quickly?

Thanks. Well his his stamp 2 permission is expiring in a week. How would we go about getting a solicitors letter quickly?

Do a google search for immigration lawyers in your area, but to be honest there are only half a dozen in the whole country.

Are ye living together? How long are ye in a relationship? There are other possible applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Madabouthim

infosys wrote: »

we are in a relationship for almost 2 years now and i love him dearly. no we are not living together but see each other every second day. its killing me inside cos its such a shock. he paid his fees so we always thought hed have no problem getting the extension. im heartbroken and want to act fast. he suggested we get married but if it wasnt for this issue i wouldnt be rushing into marriage. as sure as i am that he is the only man for me, i feel i amnt quite ready for marriage yet. im 26 but wud like to wait another year or so if at all possible!!
    please help me! his visa expires very soon i dont know what the best option is. could we go back to the visa office and try again or would they have flagged his account?
    if they refuse a second time, can we visit a lawyer and get help? would a lawyer be able to help after the visa is expired??

• Advertisement

we are in a relationship for almost 2 years now and i love him dearly. no we are not living together but see each other every second day. its killing me inside cos its such a shock. he paid his fees so we always thought hed have no problem getting the extension. im heartbroken and want to act fast. he suggested we get married but if it wasnt for this issue i wouldnt be rushing into marriage. as sure as i am that he is the only man for me, i feel i amnt quite ready for marriage yet. im 26 but wud like to wait another year or so if at all possible!!
    please help me! his visa expires very soon i dont know what the best option is. could we go back to the visa office and try again or would they have flagged his account?
    if they refuse a second time, can we visit a lawyer and get help? would a lawyer be able to help after the visa is expired??

You need to get advice on defacto relationship stamp 4. Get a good solicitor now, do not wait until his status runs out, what part of the country are you in.

Advertisement