Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Euromillions

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I would use it help build a new stadium for Liverpool but they can only employ irish builders!!!
    I would spend more building statutes of myself at every crossroad in ireland.
    Billboards of me on every 2nd building

I like me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭Mousewar

What would ye do with 170,000,000 ?

ACV

I think I'd just have one really good night.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭fishy fishy

So heres how I'll divvy up my 170 million after I win it tomorrow night.....
    Parents: 5,000,000

Wifes Parents: 5,000,000

Mate who I'm in a syndicate with for the ordinary lotto but not Euromillions: 5,000,000.

Siblings (8 of em!): 3,000,000 each x 8 = 24,000,000

Wifes Siblings (only 3!) : 3,000,000 x 3 = 9,000,000

Mates who I've promised a digout if I win: 3,000,000 x 7 = 21,000,000

Local soccer club (long story): 3,000,000

Total Giveaway: 72,000,000.

Balance Remaining: 98,000,000
    Pocket Money: 8,000,000, (Cars, Houses, Piss ups etc)

Invest the remaining 90,000,000 in govt savings scheme at 3% pa.
    Less P.R.S.I. @ 4% and D.I.R.T. @30% on the earnings
    Total Net earnings would be 1,782,000 per annum
    Net per month earnings: 148,500. (with the 90,000,000 still in the bank!)

What would ye do with 170,000,000 ?

ACV

not a penny to charity???? wow,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

I would set up a foundation to help with homelessness and giving children from deprived areas a chance of university education.
    These are close to my heart as I have experienced both.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

I would get a load of still cameras and produce my own Matrix movie, just hope Carrie Anne Moss would be interested in that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 MatthewWC

170m euro...

Id sort my immediate family out as well as my wife's.

Id buy my first house, couple of nice cars, private box at old trafford (season ticket)

Sort my true mates out, a fair few charities

Visit all the places i wanna see and buy the stuff ive always wanted... even the small things,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Gmol wrote: »
    I would use it help build a new stadium for Liverpool but they can only employ irish builders!!!
    I would spend more building statutes of myself at every crossroad in ireland.
    Billboards of me on every 2nd building

I like me

If we share it, i`m going to have a massive game of paint ball, with the targets being your statues and billboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Not going to be a problem spending it for any of us tonight anyway, 1 winner in france scoops the jackpot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Spiritual

gustafo wrote: »
    Not going to be a problem spending it for any of us tonight anyway, 1 winner in france scoops the jackpot.

Sacre bleu!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Loads of people keep saying that they wouldnt tell anyone. Its a condition of Euromillions that you go public so that idea is off the cards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

cooperguy wrote: »
    Loads of people keep saying that they wouldnt tell anyone. Its a condition of Euromillions that you go public so that idea is off the cards!
    First time I heard that. You got a source to back that up?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭A Country Voice

not a penny to charity???? wow,

There was going to be 3,000,000 to the local soccer club which is a charity, and naturally when I'd be making 148,500 a month I'd be donating plenty to other charities aswell. They'd be carefully selected though I can tell you. A lot of charities are paying people hundreds of thousands to work for them and when asked for the salaries of their chief executives say eff off. So, I'd be picky about who I'd donate to.

Its all the one now, some cnut in france won it :( ah well theres always next time I suppose.

ACV

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

cooperguy wrote: »

Thats false.

Euromillions and the National Lottery can be claimed anonymously.

http://www.metro.co.uk/news/844723-euromillions-winner-to-remain-anonymous

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Lottery_%28Ireland%29
    All cash prizes won in National Lottery games are paid out as tax-free lump sums. All prizes in Monday Million, Lotto, All or Nothing, and EuroMillions games must be claimed within 90 days of the applicable drawing dates. No minor under the age of eighteen years may purchase tickets for or claim prizes in any National Lottery game. Winners have the right to remain anonymous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

martomcg wrote: »
    You'd want to be crazy to go public about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭martomcg

Cienciano wrote: »
    You'd want to be crazy to go public about it.

Completely agree. You'd literally be plagued by everyone and their mother who thinks they know you. And by complete strangers aswell!

I'd go as far as a gagging order on any family members who you've given money to also.

The woman from Limerick who won big and announced it publicly had numerous planned kidnappings on her family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

martomcg wrote: »
    Completely agree. You'd literally be plagued by everyone and their mother who thinks they know you. And by complete strangers aswell!

I'd go as far as a gagging order on any family members who you've given money to also.

The woman from Limerick who won big and announced it publicly had numerous planned kidnappings on her family.
    You'd also leave yourself open to all sorts of claims by ex-girlfriends and former friends who want a little piece of the action. They could threaten to go to the papers and say "He liked me to wear a fur coat and make bear noises while we made love in the woods." Or "he used to cheat in maths tests at school".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ah sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭fptosca

beautiful dream while it lasted......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

Pretty sickened to discover that I didn't win the Euromillions last night. Instead, some French w@nker woke up €170million richer this morning. First they cheat their way to the World Cup and now this. Would the French just leave me alone and stop ruining my buzz every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭nucker

Gutted, but I guess it was just a pipe dream but don't all dreams come true?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

I heard this on the telly before as a quote...

'The only thing more powerful than death is the hope, the hope that you might survive to live another day'.

Same thing, we buy into the not in you can't win. There will be plenty more 170 millions in the Euromillions and we have the hope that we might win just one of them.

Advertisement