Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Binatone Carrera X430UK Sat Nav **REFURB €46.99 Free Delivery

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭podge3

Moanin wrote: »
    I did!
    Are you living in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Moanin

I am indeed.I filled it out to pay in STg and got the confirmation email.Then got another mail saying they cannot ship outside UK and my card hadn't been charged.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Deesy

Moanin wrote: »
    I am indeed.I filled it out to pay in STg and got the confirmation email.Then got another mail saying they cannot ship outside UK and my card hadn't been charged.:(

same for me. ordered as stg. got cancellation email. had to order it to friends belfast address.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Alfagtamini

ordered mine in sterling. they took payment and got confirmation email of postage. ill post when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 36 kaka2001

is is x430 or b430 on actual unit ?

and when did you ordered ?

B430, ordered it on the 8th.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭taung

The A430 is now available in Maplin for £50.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Vertakill

taung wrote: »
    The A430 is now available in Maplin for £50.....

Worse product for more money?

Is it just me or is it a bit of false advertising to be selling an X430 for whatever money, only to open up the box and find it's the inferior B430?

Surely that can't be legal?

Edit: Actually, the A430 and the B430 seem nearly identical bar the physical dimensions (and Maplin's A430 isn't a refurb)

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

is it only me or anyone else is still waiting ? Ordered on 8th and it was dispatched on 8th , but still no signs of my satnav.

is it only me or anyone else is still waiting ? Ordered on 8th and it was dispatched on 8th , but still no signs of my satnav.
    My second order is the same.

I'm thinking of returning both of mine (if the second ever arrives). IMHO the B430 is inferior to the X430. Unfortunately I'm finding Sendit impossible to contact.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

My order is showing as a B430 and dispatched on 9th. No sign of it yet. By the way I ordered in Euros and gave my postcode as IRE123 . May be of help to someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

podge3 wrote: »
    My second order is the same.

I'm thinking of returning both of mine (if the second ever arrives). IMHO the B430 is inferior to the X430. Unfortunately I'm finding Sendit impossible to contact.

Out of curiosity why are you returning it/them?
    Any major issues?

patch11 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity why are you returning it/them?
    Any major issues?
    The main reason is I find it very slow to get a satellite lock.

I am also really pi$$ed at Sendit. I sent them a message about the incorrect model number and got a reply 4 days ago saying they were "looking in to it". No further reply since and no response to further queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭patch

The main reason is I find it very slow to get a satellite lock.

I am also really pi$$ed at Sendit. I sent them a message about the incorrect model number and got a reply 4 days ago saying they were "looking in to it". No further reply since and no response to further queries.
    Cheers for the reply, how long are you talking sat lock delay, and is it decent once it actually has a lock?

Got mine delivered this morning (was shipped on 08/04/10)
    It was B430 , but invoice says X430UK.

Looks nice, will do some test drives today :)

looks like this
    585849?hei=400&wid=400

Not sure if this is a problem with my one in particular but...
    Can't get windows to recognise it. Win7 64 flat out doesn't recognise it and

I've an XP Pro 32 that just gives the 'ding dong' usb connected/disconnected noise over and over.

Is there any windows drivers people are using in order to change maps and FW?

Edit: Ok, there's some updates on their website which supplies an updater that you install (uses ActiveSync). However, it didn't work on Win7 64 (even in compatibility mode + admin), only WinXP 32 in case anyone is trying this.

Edit: Works with Windows Mobile Device Center for Win7 32/64 without any issues!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Got mine today, thanks OP.

Havent had a chance to charge it up to test it out yet though.

I saw people mentioning 'TomTom' and 'Amigo', I'm not really familiar with SatNav but would someone be able to explain exactly what these are?
    I thought there were models of satnav but looks like it's software.

If it's software, can anyone recommend the best to put on this Satnav?

Sendit are a right shower of c*nts :mad:

They eventually responded after 10 days to my email about sending out the wrong item. The chap who replied said:

In reference to order number 11xxxxxxx, I have checked our system and can see that an order was placed for the B430 version and not the X430

I have emailed him back saying that the confirmation emails & dispatch emails show it was an X430 that was ordered & dispatched. Looks lie this will be my last order with Sendit.

They eventually responded after 10 days to my email about sending out the wrong item. The chap who replied said:

In reference to order number 11xxxxxxx, I have checked our system and can see that an order was placed for the B430 version and not the X430

I have emailed him back saying that the confirmation emails & dispatch emails show it was an X430 that was ordered & dispatched. Looks lie this will be my last order with Sendit.

Do you know whats the difference between X430 and B430 ?

Do you know whats the difference between X430 and B430 ?
    The X430 has a rubberised design and external GPS/TMC antennae connections.

Look here for an X430 manual: http://binatonegps.com/gps/download/manual/X430II%20User%20Guide%20(Turbo%20Dog)%20-%2020080910.pdf

The X430 has a rubberised design and external GPS/TMC antennae connections.

Look here for an X430 manual: http://binatonegps.com/gps/download/manual/X430II%20User%20Guide%20(Turbo%20Dog)%20-%2020080910.pdf

it says TMC Port – Traffic Message Channel dongle connection point. (not supported in this model)

• Advertisement

it says TMC Port – Traffic Message Channel dongle connection point. (not supported in this model)
    So it does.

The B430 is still an inferior product IMHO. The rubberised finish would make it a little drop proof and the external antenna connection might help with slow satellite locks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Mine eventually arrived yesterday. Have'nt had a chance to test it out. Noticed the manual is 3rd Edition, 2009. Hopefully the maps are 2009 as well:)

If you still have the box, you should have an A4 page with the receipt of your order which clearly says (on mine anyway);

Binatone Carrerra X430UK Sat Nav GBP 36.89

Cheeky bastards..

Any chance you could post/pm me some info or a guide about TomTom etc on your satnav?

I've managed to get TomTom onto mine but I'm having major issues getting the maps recognised, despite activating them and so on. Could be something simple like having them in the wrong folder or something.. :(

And gpsunderground is offline at the moment which makes things a lot more difficult..

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭concubar

:confused: hi,
    can anyone in the know please give a step by step on putting tom tom on this gps,

have a copy of tom tom , sd card,

was ready to go but then gpsunderground got hacked.

possibly someone in garmin, tom tom is a bit pi**ed with that site ;)

Advertisement