Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarchy Online Beta

• 12-06-2001 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Has anyone downloaded the 600Mb beta of this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i didnt have good experience with beta 3 version cause it was buggy as hell on my pc. im sure when i get my internet connection Ill play it again.

adnans

[This message has been edited by adnans (edited 12-06-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

There is no point downloading the BETA unless you were invited into it and recieved your activation code. Otherwise your just wasting download time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Yhea got the code. Anyway, think I'll down load it at work and burn it tommorow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Is it just me or does 600 Megs of a download not seem a bit unreasonable?

You'd think they'd burn some CDs and post them out to people!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

what is Anarchy Online ?and where can i get it? 600mb aint unreasonable when u have a 512k modem hahaha biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

50% through the download.
    And your 512K connect will mean bugger all - the ftp servers are swamped.

what hobbes said, you do need the activation code which was sent from Funcom to all the beta testers. Otherwise youre wasting your bandwith.

Kharn, they sent out the beta 3 version on cd to all the testers, but since the game fits into the massively multiplayer game genre, i dont think Funcom could afford to send all the players a copy of the new version, or could they?

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Straker

Horray! I got on the B4 test. Has anyone completed d/l'd the 600mb beta, yet? If so... I'd definitely pay to get it burnt, and posted. In the meantime I'll just continue d/l'ing it. Thx.

Draco,
    the servers aint swamped i am getting 140k d/l per sec .any 1 who wants it ill send them a copy could any 1 give me the activation code plez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Just got it downloaded. need to find a blank cd and bring it home with me. Ahh it can wait till next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by irishguy:
    i got to 599mbs and ran out of h/d space how bad is that? </font>

It's not bad, it's highly amusing smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I went ahead to Fileplanet and got them to post out the CD to me..but by the time it arrives ill probably have like, 3 days of use in beta...

Oh woe is me.. frown.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by irishguy:
    Draco,
    the servers aint swamped i am getting 140k d/l per sec
    </font>
    They were when it was first announced. I'm sitting on a 10meg line I was peaking at 30K. I tried most of the servers and they were all slow. It's probably fast now that most of the people got it.

10 mb line!!!! plez tell me ur not at home
    and i used a german server. i got to 599mbs and ran out of h/d space how bad is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Can everyone goto register.funcom.com and check if their login actually works. I got mine setup and the actual login and pass which they confirmed by mail doesn't work. I heard other people having problems.

Btw hows 24mins for downloading?

ok, try going here,

http://beta.anarchy-online.com/community/abc/index.shtml

if that doesnt work you cant play the game.

adnans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Renton

Ive downloaded it and put it up on an irish mirror
    Click here to download it from Gameshop

Its 599 megs, but yeah there y'are

Thanks to greenhill for askin me to get it.

RentZ

Advertisement