Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Great 2011 PSN Outage Megathread *Post 1 updated*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

This is getting annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Any idea how long its down for?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

They're looking into the "possibility" of it being due to an attack by an outside party.

Don't ya just love Anonymous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Jesus ****ing Christ and on Mortal Kombat release day too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Goddammit. I wanna play battlefield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

xbox live is having a great laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

I wanna play Killzone:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,821 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

You wouldnt want to be paying for psn and even if your paying for psn plus this downtime is pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Latest blog:
    While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we’re able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we’ll update you again as soon as we can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Kuntz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Latest blog:

:mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

What the eff.... I buy every multiplatform game on the 360, only exception was Final Fantasy XIII. Today, that list grew to 2 with Portal (had to get the PS3 version, Steam ftw). And now of all times my PSN won't sign in!

Lol. I wonder if this was some sort of denial of service?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

From GameSpy:
    What started as a sporadic outage last night has turned into a full-blown crash. Sony has confirmed PlayStation Network is down across the U.S. and Europe, and the company is currently investigating if the outage is being caused by an outside party.

Posting on the U.S. PlayStation Blog last night, Communications Director Patrick Seybold wrote that Sony was aware "certain functions" of PSN were down. Those certain functions are still down, and now the rest of the PlayStation 3's online network is as well.

"As you are no doubt aware, the current emergency outage is continuing this afternoon and all Sony Online Network services remain unavailable," Sony Computer Entertainment Europe PS blog manager James Gallagher posted today. "Our support teams are investigating the cause of the problem, including the possibility of targeted behavior by an outside party. If the reported Network problems are indeed caused by such acts, we would like to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service."

Hacker activist group Anonymous appeared to pull back from its war on Sony after a protest it organized at Sony Stores around the world over the weekend fizzled. However, the group previously promised its biggest attack yet was still to come, and many immediately linked today's outage to Anon. However, writing on the Operation Sony Facebook page, Anonymous made it clear it is not behind the attack:

"ATTENTION: For everyone coming here complaining about the PSN or inquiring about it,

We Do Not Know What Happened

This is not the work of Anonymous."

Sony said its engineers are continuing to work to resolve the problems and updates will be provided throughout the day on PlayStation.com, the PlayStation blog, and the PlayStation twitter feed. Most recently, Seybold posted on the PlayStation blog at 12:30 p.m. EST (17.30 BST) that it "may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Was looking forward to linking my PSN and Steam accounts this evening.
    Ah well :(

(Wonder if it's a steam/PSN incompatability issue....)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What a load horse horse sh!t,I hope its back for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

What a load horse horse sh!t,I hope its back for the weekend.

Haven't played the ps3 in 2 months the wife and kid are gone off for the weekend I cant go because of work,I said I get a few beers in play black ops turn it on nooooooo the network is down:mad:

Can someone let me know if/ when it's back on cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

and just when i get portal 2 the damn thing goes down, typical

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Pain in the hole. Xbox Live is free this weekend but this is a bit of a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭leemurta

It could be at least 2 more days:mad:

http://on.fb.me/fNQO7S

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭AIR-AUSSIE

jebus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

PSN is a joke, they're are outages the whole time. On XBL the only outages they have are the ones they have scheduled a week beforehand. Sometimes I wish I had stuck to the 360

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭tommy21

Hmm a tinge of regret is growing for my switch from Xbox to PS3. Not once in two years did I experience an outage. This is the third time in 6 weeks on PS3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just back from the pub........tryed it...still not working :(..probobly should have stayed in the pub :P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

NNNOOOOOOOO.....SOMEBODY FIX THE INTERWEB PLAYSTATION MACHINE THING BEFORE I GO LOCO AND CAUSE A NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST UP IN THIS MOTHER ****ER...... AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

i need my shooting fix.

phew..phew..phew ?? :(:(

ITS BACK ON KIDS!!! YAHOOO SERIOUSLY

Sorry actualy its not! thought it was 4 a min i put in fifa and i thought it signed me in... sorry again

it ain't for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,480 ✭✭✭✭Varik

it was back

the psn eu blog showed it as such for a few minutes.

Advertisement