Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Jesus that sounds intense alright!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Jesus that sounds intense alright!

Wouldn't call it intense just really sad. It is woman and all that jazz too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭glenjamin

A week old but still. Sammartino on why he choose this year to go into the Hall of Fame. Waffles on a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Didn't want to start a new thread just for this, but it's not exactly news - I happened across an interesting documentary about wrestling in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/unreported-world/4od#3370230

• Registered Users Posts: 11,992 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

To lazy to watch, does he mention the scrilla involved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Rjd2 wrote: »

To lazy to watch, does he mention the scrilla involved?

$5,000 apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Scott Hall is moving in with DDP and Jake Roberts this Monday according to Jake on Twitter.Hopefully this works out for Scott and he gets clean,sober and healthy like Jake has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

Scott Hall seems like a much bigger challenge than Jake to me, hope page isn't overstretching himself.

You'd think someone would want to make a reality tv show of all that though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Scott Hall seems like a much bigger challenge than Jake to me, hope page isn't overstretching himself.

I'd be surprised if some twisted American tv exec wouldn't go for that, and have a loser leaves rehab match as the series finale.

orestes wrote: »

I'd be surprised if some twisted American tv exec wouldn't go for that, and have a loser leaves rehab match as the series finale.

Bischoff/Hervey Entertainment?

• Advertisement

DDP already has bits and pieces of stuff with Jake up on his YouTube channel:

Lesson don't look a gift horse in the mouth:

As part of the Former Talent Rehabilitation Program, WWE has sent Ms. Sytch to rehabilitation numerous times, with all costs covered by WWE. Unfortunately, Ms. Sytch has continued to make poor personal choices and is ultimately responsible for the consequences of these decisions. WWE has always provided rehabilitation at a certified treatment center; however, given Ms. Sytch’s inability to change her lifestyle and successfully complete treatment, WWE will no longer fund her rehabilitation.

I guess DDP is her only option now!

UFC's Dana White talks the U.K. situation and television today

At a press conference earlier today, UFC President Dana White talked about the company's strategy going forward in the United Kingdom and Ireland.

White said that everything is dependent on getting the right television deal. He noted that Lorenzo Fertitta was coming to the show and they were trying to finalize the deal, which he indicated was with Sky Sports.

If the deal is completed, the strategy would be to run one major show per year in several locations, including London, Manchester and Dublin. The shows would be at the same time every year, so as to build an annual tradition. He said they would be working on bringing bigger fights for the shows if they get the right TV deal.

WWE & UFC on the same channel(s)/ :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I don't know, Jake is an older man. If Jake can do it (and hopefully stay on the wagon) there's no reason why Hall can't do it if he wants to.

About five years Bryan Alvarez did a WWE Writer's Week the week running up to Wrestlemania where he would interview a a rotating panel of Ex WWE writers. The result was some very interesting shows until the writers would repeat their stories. Then they either created their own podcasts and/or did every other podcast under the sun. The writers knowledge and personalities wise ranged from excellent to total dopes. Also you had writers who didn't know anything about Wrestling before working with WWE getting the mother of all culture shocks and having a steep learning curve to conquer Wrestling psychology wise - things we take for granted.

Have to say this extract amused me. From the latest ex-WWE on the scene:
    Former WWE writer Matt McCarthy, who last worked for WWE in 2012, revealed interesting insight on working behind-the-scenes in WWE, working with Vince McMahon, the demands placed on the Creative Team, and other topics in an interview on the "Jeff Rubin Jeff Rubin Show" podcast.

McCarthy said he was not privy to direct meetings with McMahon about future WrestleMania plans, but the word from other writers last year around WrestleMania 28 time is that McMahon already had in-mind what he wanted to do at WM30.

"I'm sure Vince knows what he would want to at WrestleMania 50 whether he's around to see it or not," McCarthy said. "From the writers standpoint, we try desperately to write out as far as out we can, and try to stick it as much as we can, and God knows the wrestlers would want us to. But, it's the nature of what that show is and what that business is that makes it very, very difficult."

McCarthy cited what almost every WWE writer has experienced - the best-laid plans are often changed and changed again.

"You try to map out an entire grid of they're going to fight here this week, then next week this is going to happen, and that's going to lead to a PPV match. But, after the PPV, this is going to happen and that is going to happen (sigh), and it always changes every week," McCarthy said. "You try really, really hard - it's almost like predicting the weather. The further out it is, the less likely you're going to be right that it's going to happen."

Everything points back to McMahon, who McCarthy labeled a "genius" at multiple points in the interview, but said "dealing with him is very difficult." He said McMahon's "genius" personality makes him "not like the rest of us," which means McMahon often-times can't understand why other people don't think like him.

One example of what McCarthy labeled "genius" was McMahon's ability to manipulate a crowd during a tag match.

"It's a small, simple little thing, but as a performer, it completely blew my mind," McCarthy said. "The bad guy was just beating up the good guy in the ring for this tag match and I hear Vince scream into the headset, 'Somebody put on a hold! Somebody put a hold on 'em! These people are dead!' And I'm like, 'What is he talking about?' Then, immediately, the bad guy puts the good guy in the headlock and they're just down on the mat. Like clockwork, the audience starts clapping and cheering; they're rooting for the good guy to get out of this hold.

"This guy (McMahon) is just sitting back here watching this on TV and he is genius at working the audience and getting them to do exactly what he wants them to do."

http://jeffrubinjeffrubinshow.com/76-wwe-writer-matt-mc-carthy

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Major props to DDP for trying to get Jake and Scott Hall clean, hadn't heard about that befoer now.

Jake and DDP ring Scott to try and convince him to go to DDP's gaff,very sad hearing the state that Scott is in:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Jake and DDP ring Scott to try and convince him to go to DDP's gaff,very sad hearing the state that Scott is in:

Just saw that linked on Twitter there and watched it. Emotional stuff listening to that. Great seeing Jake looking well too!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I hope he follows through with it, by the way he sounds it could be his last chance to change his life. DDP seems to have had a very positive impact on Jake, I'm sure he'd have the same on Scott.

• Advertisement

Don't know if Scott will go or not hopefully he does and Dallas can do something for him,Out of interest does anyone do DDPYoga? its legit and great for strength and toning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

EdK wrote: »
    Don't know if Scott will go or not hopefully he does and Dallas can do something for him,Out of interest does anyone do DDPYoga? its legit and great for strength and toning

I just started it last week, it's going well so far. Looking forward to seeing/feeling the effects in a few weeks time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/75426/wwe-statement-on-tammy-sytch-and-wellness-policy.html?p=1

WWE are refusing to help Sunny anymore after recent shoot interview claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

If Jake stays well there's definitely a role for him behind the scenes in a promotion somewhere. Brilliant mind for the business.

I really, really hope Jake stays sober, he was always my favourite wrestler as a kid, he has a fantastic mind for the business and could mentor the younger stars in ring psychology like no other. He was never the best physical wise, but it was his whole persona that made me a fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

If Jake stays well there's definitely a role for him behind the scenes in a promotion somewhere. Brilliant mind for the business.

Jake already had that in the WWE, he was hired as a consultant in 2009, but his demons caught up with him again, which is a shame as like you said he had a great mind and could cut a brilliant promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Man, watching that video I was screaming at the laptop "Get on the f*cking plane Scotty".

I'm no psychiatrist but the fact that Scott mentioned two or three times that he's drinking Vodka for breakfast sounded like a cry for help.

What Diamond Dallas Page has done for Jake Roberts is nothing short of remarkable, Jake appears transformed and completely changed his life around. I'm worried though about the day that Jake leaves DDP's home, can he genuinely stay clean without DDP there every day?

that comparison pic of Jake in the other thread is unbelievable, he looks 10 years younger, massive beergut is gone, his hair is darker, looks infinitely healthier. If he stays clean and is welcomed back as a mentor or creative talent it'd be brilliant.

ynyhy6y6.jpg

Dolph wins World title.

And then lost it two years ago today. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

You're a cruel man rovert. A Cruel, cruel man!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement