Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos - Unwanted insurance

• 26-01-2015 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I was in Argos today buying some bike lights, I usually pay at the machines but today I paid at the cash desk because I had a gift voucher.

Your woman behind the desk goes, bike lights , 20 euro yes? and I got yeah that's the one she punches something in on the screen and goes would you like to get a guarantee on them

to which I replied 'no.. I'm okay..th..' she cut across and goes oh don't worry you don't have to pay anything and I went, yeah okay then I'll take it

She punches stuff into the screen gives me a receipt to sign and swipes my card doesn't say anything, didn't even look at my receipt and I go up to the till collect my item.

Got back to my desk looked at the receipt and it says 3 year guarantee €8.99 !!! for fukin bike lights? it costs you 50 cent to insure a game at gamestop

I'm fuming but now I feel I can't do anything cause I signed the receipt, any help would be great!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Go in, talk to their customer care and get it refunded. All you have to do is talk to them, obviously sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Go in, talk to their customer care and get it refunded. All you have to do is talk to them, obviously sooner rather than later.

can you get refunded on a One4All?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,374 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    can you get refunded on a One4All?

I have no idea, you didn't mention the gift voucher was a One4All voucher so it might complicate matters - might not, talk to argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I have no idea, you didn't mention the gift voucher was a One4All voucher so it might complicate matters - might not, talk to argos.

Thanks!

Can't get over the fact someone would say it costs nothing and then it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Mod note: Renamed thread title to something less accusatory

• Advertisement
Advertisement