Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 9, Jan 4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

All the Bulletclub matches would set the juices flowing.

Six man with Jarrett is very intriguing and would love to see Omega getting the Junior Heavyweight Title.

If I was a gambling man I'd put my house, wife and kids on the main event being nothing less than five star.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Six man with Jarrett is very intriguing
    Gas that's the least intriguing match on the card for me seeing if Suzuki can get something out of Sakuraba fascinates me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I've been hearing so much about this event - seems Jarrett is doing a great job of promoting it in the West through GFW.

I've always wondered what Japanese Wrestling would be like with English Commentary - now they've got one of the best in Jim Ross to call the action. Matt Striker on Colour could be great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

What are UWFI rules?
    :confused:
    MMA yeah?

ERG89 wrote: »
    What are UWFI rules?
    :confused:
    MMA yeah?

From Yahoo Answers:

The combatants would start with 15 points each, as points would be lost for knockout attempts, being at a disadvantage during a hold and/or for breaking a hold by grabbing onto the ring ropes with their hand(s) and/or feet.

Tag team matches would be allowed as well, with 21 points given to a team at start time. However, the points system was rarely referred to, as a wrestler or team losing points could still win by forcing his opponent to submit or by knocking him out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Are these UWFI rules any good? Or they're presented as normal matches beyond announcing judges beforehand?

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Are these UWFI rules any good? Or they're presented as normal matches beyond announcing judges beforehand?

It's not full uwfi rules it's just going to be a submission or KO only match no pin falls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Sorry about that lads was very insensitive for me to say Jap rather than Japanese, although I can assure everyone that there was no malice intended, tbh I hadn't realized it was regarded as a slur but ignorance isn't an excuse for that type of thing - it won't happen again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

This hype video is amazing:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Great build-up vid - best thing I've heard Striker do in a long time. Laughed at "Okada went to TNA for almost two years. [pause]. He returned to Japan..." :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,954 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Few questions.

1. What time will this be on at for us?

2. Where and how can I watch it?

Few questions.

1. What time will this be on at for us?

2. Where and how can I watch it?

1.7am on Sunday morning

2.By signing up to http://njpwworld.com but it's all in Japanese but it's a good bit cheaper,use Google Chrome to translate it here a video to help aswell.

Or you get the English version through this https://www.flipps.com/ but you need a console or a smart tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

After saying I wasn't impressed with the Flipps app in another thread, I've been using it quite a bit today watching the hype videos and there's been no buffering and the quality seems to be pretty reasonable so I may take the risk and get the show through that. There's an hd version of the app that costs 2 quid, I might check that out too.

I'd happily watch with the Japanese commentary but JR calling it is a huge draw for me.

Now I just need to figure out how to purchase the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I already have a sub to NJPW world, but ideally I'd like to hear Striker and Ross on commentary.

Is Flipps any good? How much will it cost? If I'm not awake in time for it, is there an on-demand service or a repeat?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Flipps is just like streaming YouTube from your phone to your tv. Video quality is watchable but I worry about buffering. There doesn't appear to be an option to watch on a laptop/pc but you can watch on a tablet or phone. The cost is $35 and will be translated to local currency when buying (which I've yet to find a link for)

I tweeted them about on demand and they said it will be available after the ppv replay at 7pm American time, so Monday morning I gather for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Do you know if there's a workaround to get flipps through PS3/4? I know I can get it on my phone but I've no adapter to put it onto the telly an I'm not keen on watching it on such a small screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Pingi

Watching live with Japanese commentary here, couldn't be listening to Matt Striker

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Oooh, not sold on Flipps then. Guess I'll stick with the NJPW feed and then hope the English version appears on the usual places later.

Pingi wrote: »
    Watching live with Japanese commentary here, couldn't be listening to Matt Striker

B6CFPWsIUAAev46.png

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    B6CFPWsIUAAev46.png

I'm not seeing his oft used references to prior gimmicks i.e. calling Big Show "The Giant". Constantly. Or Nash "Big Daddy Cool"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

I like Matt Striker :o

I like Matt Striker :o

I kinda do too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Do you know if there's a workaround to get flipps through PS3/4? I know I can get it on my phone but I've no adapter to put it onto the telly an I'm not keen on watching it on such a small screen.

Q: I don't see Flipps on my PlayStation 3. What is wrong?

A: Supporting PlayStation 3 got harder and harder, and we still couldn't give you the full hands-free Flipps experience. This is why we had to stop supporting it. You can still access your personal content from the menu of your PS3 by using the iMediaShare Personal app for iOS and Android

http://support.flipps.com/entries/21219232-Frequently-Asked-Questions

I've used PS3MediaServer to stream video files before.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'm not seeing his oft used references to prior gimmicks i.e. calling Big Show "The Giant". Constantly. Or Nash "Big Daddy Cool"
    Also the odd baffling line:
    "Tie your mothers down its HHH" Erm........what?

Tbh I don't miss him or JR on commentary even though its bad now they didn't improve it when they were last used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Mostly looking forward to the intercontinental match myself. Ibushi and Nakamura are currently (and have been for quite a while!) my two favourite wrestlers, so can't wait for this one! Loved their match from a few years ago

It's such a great card people are hardly even talking about AJ vs Naito which going off their G1 match could be great so hyped for this whole show can't wait for Sunday morning.

FINALLY bothered my arse and got NJPW World. Jaysus the screen quality compared to "alternative sources".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

BohsJohnny wrote: »
    It's such a great card people are hardly even taking about AJ vs Naito which going off their G1 match could be great so hyped for this whole show can't wait for Sunday morning.

That's the match I'm most looking forward to. Loved their G1 match.

Interesting match that. Naito needs a win and all the the help he can get in getting over. While AJ Styles is a big part of appealing to the US. I expect Styles to go balls to the wall not just because it would be AJ being AJ and its the Tokyo Dome but AJ does seem to most sincere when taking about how big of a deal Jim Ross calling his match is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I'd still have rathered Styles vs Okada as the main event. As good as Tanahashi is, we've seen him vs Okada quite a few times already. But then we've seen Tanahashi vs most people quite a few times too.

It's crazy how far down the card I have to go to find a match that I don't expect to be at least very good. The Sakuraba match could go either way in terms of quality. The six and eight man tags are the only other matches that might not be up to much but considering some of the people involved, they should be at least entertaining matches.

Advertisement