Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sad news in the Formula 1 world this morning.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/formula1/33578770

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Ok...

When did boards pro wrestling turn into Facebook?

Since it started

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ok...

When did boards pro wrestling turn into Facebook?

There is a rule on boards about not being a dick. Heed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,961 ✭✭✭cena

I think everyone knows why I was there.

As the guys have said follow the rules and not be a d**k

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The thread is called OFF TOPIC for obvious reasons :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

cena wrote: »
    I think everyone knows why I was there.

You've been cast opposite Will Farrell in the follow up to Blades of Glory as The Ice Hockey coach who recruits Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy among others to form an Ice-Hockey team to face off against the now heel and all grown up Mighty Ducks lead by EMILIO Estevez... congrats man, can't wait to see it!

:pac:

You've been cast opposite Will Farrell in the follow up to Blades of Glory as The Ice Hockey coach who recruits Chazz Michael Michaels and Jimmy MacElroy among others to form an Ice-Hockey team to face off against the now heel and all grown up Mighty Ducks lead by EMILIO Estevez... congrats man, can't wait to see it!

:P:pac::):rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Ducks will never be a heel team! Even if Charlie did steal Joey from Dawson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭ Uriah Beautiful Self-denial

Omackeral wrote: »
    Setanta have Europa League rights. This is Champions League which falls under RTE's remit.
    Sorry, I meant that RTÉ generally don't show LOI teams playing whether it's Europe or the League unfortunately :( It seems they don't want people to watch LOI with Soccer Republic being on at 11 O'Clock.
    Nice one, hon' Dundalk! It'd be great to see them get through, I look forward to watching that :)

So the local GAA club have been organising hurling training to clash with Soccer pre-season since pre-season has started. Basically, my Brother (the trainer) might send out a text on Sunday at midday for training on Monday and then a few hours later the GAA would send out a text for hurling training for Monday. We both think that the father of one of the players (who's involved in all sports but a big Gah head) is forwarding the texts onto the GAA so my brother has started sending out text messages at the 11th hour on Sunday to avoid it. Quite sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So the local GAA club have been organising hurling training to clash with Soccer pre-season since pre-season has started. Basically, my Brother (the trainer) might send out a text on Sunday at midday for training on Monday and then a few hours later the GAA would send out a text for hurling training for Monday. We both think that the father of one of the players (who's involved in all sports but a big Gah head) is forwarding the texts onto the GAA so my brother has started sending out text messages at the 11th hour on Sunday to avoid it. Quite sad really.

Jaysus that's such a petty thing to do

topical gaa. the hurling does the same when a underage football is coming up they put on a match

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Cu Baire

And what nights were the GAA team training before the soccer started the pre-season training. As they are in the middle of their season surely they have a regular time for training every week.

I think hurling training varies, I couldn't put an exact day on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The thread is called OFF TOPIC for obvious reasons :pac:

Got a Mighty Ducks reference so I'm happy :)
    As for the GAA thing. Think that happens in every part of the country. Done for spite tbh.
    My national school introduced ground hurling to replace the soccer tournament we'd play every year. I mean when you already have a hurling tournament why bother

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Fecking hell, bad start to the Connacht final from anything that's not a Mayo fan perspective.

Hurling and football is dreadful this year, I can almost predict the finals. For hurling it'll be Kilkenny vs Tipp and for the Football it'll be Dublin vs Kerry.

Mayo only build themselves up to get knocked down anyway! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Will somebody stop the damn match! Enough's enough!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Will somebody stop the damn match! Enough's enough!

• Advertisement

Went to an 18th last night. Started at the house, then went to the pub and back to the house again. Great craic, deadly DJ and tasty women :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Went to an 18th last night. Started at the house, then went to the pub and back to the house again. Great craic, deadly DJ and tasty women :D.

Omackeral likes this.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Omackeral likes this.
    Get the express train from Parts Unknown and I'll have a cold one waiting for you next time ;)

Any thoughts on Mitrović to Newcastle?

Anyone know of a good video editor . Have an old video and the quality is bad. I want to try up the quality

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Anyone know of a good video editor . Have an old video and the quality is bad. I want to try up the quality

What type of improvement do you want? Picture quality? Or just an upgrade to HD?

What type of improvement do you want? Picture quality? Or just an upgrade to HD?

Both

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Any thoughts on Mitrović to Newcastle?

In a FM save I did a few months back, he was a beast in the second season 30 goals in the PL, despite being 3 stars. Couldn't drop him for higher rated or valued players; he was a tank who kept scoring. So interested to see how he does in real life now :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Both

Well you'll need some form of colour correction and touch up software. After effects would do that and the Adobe edit software premier pro will export it in HD

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Anyone have good recommendations on surround sound for a tv. Not looking to spend ridiculous money or anything but maybe €100-150 max

Advertisement