Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Becky Lynch thread! **Spoilers**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Fade Street was the last great RTE production. She wasn't on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Fade Street was the last great RTE production. She wasn't on it though.

You just made me remember this. God bless you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

You just made me remember this. God bless you.

I used to really hate that programme, but I had to watch it at the same time to see how bad it could get. Highlight was one of the girls' on/off boyfriend who came up from "the country" and embarrassed her in front of her D4 friends. He was a bit of a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

Wow can't believe I missed this entire thread. That article was fun to write. I just remembered I did another one when she returned to wrestling back in 2012 and completely forgot about it.

Since people are sharing, I have one other fun story. It was the end of a show and everyone was clearing up. There were a bunch of hyperactive kids running around with toy swords pretending to stab everyone. After a while Rebecca joined in with them and fell to floor dramatically saying "alas, I have been slain". It was every bit as adorable as you're probably imagining

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Just watching NXT from last week. they need to ditch that music.. STAT!
    I wont even get into the stupid jig thing.. which I'm glad to hear they've dropped / toned down since...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Becky disposed of Mafia doll Carmella tonight. The big news that she never danced once and got rid of the flared trousers:

BsbexeuCQAIuGbW.jpg
    BsbtSoFIUAASVcz.jpg

She listening! My most current gripe is that her MOVE SET remains at about seven moves.

10522258_650160605075191_1143533241_n.jpg

That's pretty normal for a face wrestler. A new face establishing themselves needs to have their 'five moves of doom' so that the fans get familiar with their routine. Take a look at the other face Divas and their sequences:

*Paige - short-arm clotheslines, knees to the chest, dropkick, Paige Turner, PTO
    *Emma - slide-under sunset flip, Dil-Emma, Emmamite Sandwich, catapult, Emma Lock
    *Bayley - Polish Hammers, shoulder block, diving back elbow, exploder suplex, Belly-to-Bayley

It's all a pretty recognisable comeback. When she gets to have longer matches we'll see more from her

• Registered Users Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

That's pretty normal for a face wrestler. A new face establishing themselves needs to have their 'five moves of doom' so that the fans get familiar with their routine. Take a look at the other face Divas and their sequences:

*Paige - short-arm clotheslines, knees to the chest, dropkick, Paige Turner, PTO
    *Emma - slide-under sunset flip, Dil-Emma, Emmamite Sandwich, catapult, Emma Lock
    *Bayley - Polish Hammers, shoulder block, diving back elbow, exploder suplex, Belly-to-Bayley

It's all a pretty recognisable comeback. When she gets to have longer matches we'll see more from her

I think that's my favourite name for a finisher, ever.

Well aware of the in house style just but where's her Chain Wrestling, maaaaaaaaannnnn.

According to this review she changed her ring gear and stop dancing as previously stated but also they changed her music to something less Orish:
    Next up was divas action as Carmella took on Becky Lynch. I've only seen Carmella wrestle a handful of times now and this was definitely her best outing yet. Her natural athleticism along with her princess of Staten Island gimmick equals big time potential. Becky Lynch continued to prove why she is probably my favorite female wrestler on the roster with her high energy and a bit of a rougher style than you are used to seeing from the ladies. Lynch had new ring gear and new music, it seems they are relying less on Irish stereotypes and relying more on the skills and energy of the self described “life enthusiast. It was an entertaining match culminating in Lynch winning via pinfall.

She made the show poster for the first time too:
    BsZgpRSCEAALeGF.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

7 moves is still 2 more than cena :pac:

• Advertisement

Becky's WWE magazine debut:

Bsx7fNpCEAEcDCa.jpg

Becky debuted her new look and gimmick at NXT tonight against Charlotte:

Bsx9dDRIIAA2KQN.jpg

Orish dancing gimmick GONE

Whatever he new "rocker" gimmick entails this is a screenshot of her new entrance:
    bsx9huwieaayivjggs6y.jpg

Beck The Walls Down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

rovert wrote: »

Orish dancing gimmick GONE

Good to hear.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

This development both delights and annoys me.

rovert wrote: »
    Beck The Walls Down

She's one of The Corrs now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

They could bring back Jesse Ventura as Jim Corr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Pentecost wrote: »
    She's one of The Corrs now

Giggidy

Apologies jayk/mods I was on my phone earlier which was on the mobile style, didn't spot that I'd quoted rovert's (I now see!) rather large pic.

Very controversial Instagram video of Becky doing a plug for an NXT live event:

29pfdpz.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/qrf6ALMUoM/

There's a lot of similar comments online. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are all wrestlers just sticking their names into words now?

And I think he means she doesn't sound Oirish.

A lot of them do but she's just someone that LOVES her puns - as a glance at her Twitter account will show

why is the video controversial? or is it the fan's comment that's controversial? her accent isn't particularly strong so it's understandable that foreign viewers not familiar with Irish accents don't get it. Also she's been in and out of the US so it wouldn't be surprising if she had a few American pronunciations in there. Layla's accent has almost completely faded now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

In fairness she sounds like she has been watching Goodfella's a lot in that video, not a hint of Irish in that at all ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Her accent wouldn't sound out of place on a certain Dublin college campus tbh. Unfortunately the SCD accent isn't 'Darby o'Gill' enough to fit certain folks stereotypes...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

P_1 wrote: »
    Her accent wouldn't sound out of place on a certain Dublin college campus tbh. Unfortunately the SCD accent isn't 'Darby o'Gill' enough to fit certain folks stereotypes...

Was going to say this. Her accent sounds perfectly Irish to me. The problem is for many Americans, it won't sound "Oirish"....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Was going to say this. Her accent sounds perfectly Irish to me. The problem is for many Americans, it won't sound "Oirish"....

Yep. Hopefully she won't be made put on a heavier accent (but she may do it herself like Conor McGregor). WWE push every Irishman as a Irish-jig dancing shamrock-loving moron! A leprechaun, Finlay dressed in green carrying a shillelagh and luminous-ginger Sheamus who talks in Irish fables.

Thursday, Thursday, Thursday:

BtqgbNzIUAALqsY.jpg

The stress of this week

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭sixfingered

What time is NXT usually added to the network?

What time is NXT usually added to the network?

Sometimes it is uploaded early on the WWE Network on demand before the live WWE Network airing (2.00am Friday morning our time) - no more than say an hour early.

Sometimes it leaks illegally on download sites around 8pm Thursday say as it airs early on Australian and Abu Dubai TV.

• Advertisement

The last couple of weeks links online have appeared around Thursday afternoon

Advertisement