Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whats the most insulting thing anybody has every said to you in your life?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭curlzy

My mother called me a "hoo-ers abortion" once. Yeah mam, real genius aren't ya? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

"That's too feckin big and there's no way you're putting it in". More dissapointed than hurt. Never forgot it though:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 sea_captain

give me one reason why i should,nt treat you like sh1t

closely followed by , id piss myself laughing if you got your head kicked in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I had something similar. My teacher stood me in front of the whole class (In 1st year) and read out (to everyone in the class) all of the results of my maths homework and tests for the month prior .
    I remember I actually cried when I sat back down. I had never been so embarrassed before. I was an honours student in the other classes. Maths just was not my good subject.

I had something similar as well. Once when I was about 16 in secondary school by a nun. Worse was in primary school when I was about 9. That teacher was a complete b***h. I hate her to this day. What actually goes through a grown adults mind when they mentally abuse a 9 year old child, and humiliate and embarass them in front of their peers? In that particular teachers case, I'd say she enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

had someone call me a bastard a few mouths after my dad died. What was worse is that they failed to see the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I'll never forget what was said, still rips me apart :(

"You must wait 30 seconds to post another post"

Scum. Sub-human scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Someone told me I looked like my uncle who's the biggest b0ll0x on the planet :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

You are just like your dad.How can you be so cruel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Are you finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Dunno about the most insulting, I tend to laugh it off if someone says something negative to me, but I remember one last year that was pretty harsh. Doing security in a clothes shop, standing at the door. Two women walk up and look at something in my direction. One says:

"There's some nice stuff here..."

Then looked towards me and said:

"...clothes-wise, that is."

Well that was necessary...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭maddragon

I had something similar. My teacher stood me in front of the whole class (In 1st year) and read out (to everyone in the class) all of the results of my maths homework and tests for the month prior .
    I remember I actually cried when I sat back down. I had never been so embarrassed before. I was an honours student in the other classes. Maths just was not my good subject.

Is that you Michael Noonan?

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

Had a bit of a row with a girl in a nightclub once - I was there ages before her and she decided to dance like a maniac and kept bumping me, resulting in me being pushed further and further down the way til I nearly wound up at the escape door. I asked her had she a problem,
    she says "yes! a very very small one!" (referring to my height 5'4" - and 5'8" in heels by the way) but in fairness she was a big girl. A very big girl.
    Made my 5'10" fella look like a midget.
    Moral of the story kids - pick on someone your own size...that goes for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

My bil once said I looked like a "beached whale" this was just after I had my first baby. I've since lost all that weight and he's now married to what I'd call a beached whale ( I'd never be as cruel/ ignorant to say it though). Karma is a beautiful thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭HemlockOption

Smeggy wrote: »
    Someone told me I looked like my uncle who's the biggest b0ll0x on the planet :mad:

Ah, but is he good-looking? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

I remember on a holiday abroad, while out drinking one of the lads called me a 'fat bastard'. I laughed it off but it hurt inside as I'd always been quite thin/athletic looking.

When I got home, I went straight on a diet and she about two stone in a couple of months.

The insult hurt at the time but glad it was said as it was the motivation I needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

My friends and family all tell me Im heartless....

Im the most generous person, Ill do anything for anyone...but I just dont do emotions, feelings or any of that other crap. I never cry at movies, I hate cuddling, I hate chick flicks, most of my friends are guys...

So they say Im a heartless cow who should have been born a guy!

But sure I dont care, I dont have a heart :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Ah, but is he good-looking? ;)

No he looks like a b0ll0x.... and I'm female hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

"When you die, they'll be able to use the fat in your ass to stock the whole of Ireland with soap for centuries to come, and have some spare to grease their frying pans with"

Said to me by a guy I had recently dumped.
    I was a size 6 to 8 - so not exactly fat!
    But I was obviously upset by it as it has stuck with me the past 12 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭caitmb

I was once told I was the spit of Mary Harney!! MARY effin HARNEY....Im not by the way or at least thats what i tell myself as I sneak past mirrors just in case they explode!!

"When you die, they'll be able to use the fat in your ass to stock the whole of Ireland with soap for centuries to come, and have some spare to grease their frying pans with"

Said to me by a guy I had recently dumped.
    I was a size 6 to 8 - so not exactly fat!
    But I was obviously upset by it as it has stuck with me the past 12 years!

Maybe he was saying you have a nice big arse? Men give compliments in the strangest ways!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

Homer, you're as dumb as a mule and twice as ugly! If a strange man offers you a ride, I say, take it!

caitmb wrote: »
    I was once told I was the spit of Mary Harney!! MARY effin HARNEY....Im not by the way or at least thats what i tell myself as I sneak past mirrors just in case they explode!!

A man dressed as a leprechaun once chased me and my mum down grafton street shouting BRENDA!! Come here brenda!

He thought she was Brenda Fricker!! Started telling a crowd of Spanish students who she was and how much he loved her!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Maybe he was saying you have a nice big arse? Men give compliments in the strangest ways!!

It would take a fairly strange man to compliment a womans arse after she's just dumped him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Are you English?

... just kidding.

It would take a fairly strange man to compliment a womans arse after she's just dumped him.

He was clearly trying to win back her affection....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Jester252 wrote: »
    had someone call me a bastard a few mouths after my dad died. What was worse is that they failed to see the problem.

?
    That's not what a bastard is. Bastard is when your parents weren't married when you were born.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

?
    That's not what a bastard is. Bastard is when your parents weren't married when you were born.

And even so, it wouldn't be a terrible thing to do.

I got called a motherfücker the week after my mother died, and the guy was all "Oh Jesus, man, I'm sorry!".
    As if calling me a motherfücker while she was alive was more respectful of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

syndeyfife wrote: »
    My friends and family all tell me Im heartless....

Im the most generous person, Ill do anything for anyone...but I just dont do emotions, feelings or any of that other crap. I never cry at movies, I hate cuddling, I hate chick flicks, most of my friends are guys...

So they say Im a heartless cow who should have been born a guy!

But sure I dont care, I dont have a heart :rolleyes:

MONSTER :mad:

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I've been on better rides in mosney.

WTF is mosney??:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Varied wrote: »
    I've been on better rides in mosney.

WTF is mosney??:confused:

It's Butlins.