Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaining new No Claims Bonus on commercial vehicle

Options
  • 09-05-2015 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Hoping someone can help,

I have full licence for about 15 years and no claims bonus on my car for nearly 10 years.

I'm planning on buying a high engined sports car (as weekend car) in a few years and I understand that I can't use my NCB from my car on this at same time.

I was thinking of buying a cheap van now and building up a seperate No Claims Bonus on this so I'll have a NCB for the sports car when I eventually buy it, building a house at the min so the van will be used over the next 2 years or so.

Can anyone advise if a no claims bonus built up on a light commercial vehicle would also be allowed for when insuring a private car?

Advertisement