Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

London Marathon 22/4/2012

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Sub 2'45 it is to be a champs runner and its free entry. I have gfa for 2013, sounds good.

Free entry for the one after that then? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Brianderunner

robinph wrote: »
    Free entry for the one after that then? :eek:

For you maybe (if you ever train for it)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

For you maybe (if you ever train for it)

Training's overrated.

£28 to enter, what a joke. Makes a mockery of every other big city marathon.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭marathonm@n

commiserations magazine again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

I haven't heard either way but it looks like a rejection as my details aren't recognised as being a successful application here.

griffin100 wrote: »
    I haven't heard either way but it looks like a rejection as my details aren't recognised as being a successful application here.

Good thinking griffin100. No need to wait for the postman just input your details there to see if your in. I paid through that method yesterday and i didnt need any info that was posted to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Oh Crap I got in :eek: wasnt expecting that now, guess I maybe training for another marathon....

shels4ever wrote: »
    Oh Crap I got in :eek: wasnt expecting that now, guess I maybe training for another marathon....

Nice one. That'll give your winter some focus. See you over there :)

Nice one. That'll give your winter some focus. See you over there :)
    Yep, I've entered for the last 4 years in a row and almost fell of my seat when the payment option appeared. TRR drafted in for another marathon plan, what are the odds on a calf tear in Feb/March ;)

• Advertisement

what are the odds on a calf tear in Feb/March ;)

I think thats a foregone conclusion in fairness. Better ask around to see who wants your number now ;)

I think thats a foregone conclusion in fairness. Better ask around to see who wants your number now ;)
    I'm bound to get to a startline one of these days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Ok, I've put my details in and it says it doesn't recognise me, how insulting!
    Not looking good...however I will continue to pray to the running gods until I get the rejection email... Maybe they haven't assigned overseas yet? (I'm extremely optimistic).

Failing that I'll do a GFA next year.

Congrats on securing your places, those of you who have....
    Jealous, moi? DEFINITELY

Hey Shels did you get in via the UK or the international lottery?

Hey Shels did you get in via the UK or the international lottery?
    International ballot, didnt receive anything in the post, but when I entered the login details I gave when I applied, it took me to the check out page to pay for the race.

Crap, that means I definitely didn't get a place :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

International ballet
    Must.... restrain.... myself.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Peckham

Congrats. Odds are massively stacked against you in international ballot.

A "black swan"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

doesn't look good for me either :( Connemara it is then so :)

Must.... restrain.... myself.....
    ah go for it :)
    6 months of training in Russia for me now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

International ballot, didnt receive anything in the post, but when I entered the login details I gave when I applied, it took me to the check out page to pay for the race.

:( I have spent another hour trying to find where you entered the info you mention above.......... :o

lol

baza1976 wrote: »
    :( I have spent another hour trying to find where you entered the info you mention above.......... :o

lol

Here I believe:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I tried it anyway:( no luck........... ah well

baza1976 wrote: »
    I tried it anyway:( no luck........... ah well
    Sorry to hear that, It was my 4th time trying to enter this race, its one that I've always wanted to do at least once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭ Kareem Blue Spokesman

Entered my details and no luck:( really wanted to kick that courses arse next year after the dismal run this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭NeedsTraining

Looks like I am not in either, ah well.

Just received the Email with confirmation of the place in the race, race number etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

P.F.O email just recieved - Paris it is then for me next April :cool:

Good luck and well done everyone who got in/gets in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

PFO email for me also....

Congrats to all who got in and best of luck with your training.

• Advertisement

Was chatting with someone this morning who got a surprise when she got the "congrats you've got a place" letter through last week. Seems that one of her friends had entered her so that they would have company on the run as they had deferred places. Think she may have failed in the ballot a couple of times already though which seems to increase your chances a bit still.

She wasn't happy about the prospect of having to do the training now though.

Advertisement