Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About to make a claim for $3k in medical treatment costs from VHI International.

• 12-05-2015 4:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

So, I'm living in Australia now and am covered by VHI International. In December of 2013 I sustained an injury in Dublin. I didn't think it was too bad initially and so I flew out to Australia a month after. Since then, the injury has become a degenerative, chronic condition. I spent $2300 on various scans, treatments, casts etc in 2014. Eventually, in December, I came home to have surgery on the injury.

I'm back in Australia now and recently spent $700 getting customised orthotics made to help me get back to walking comfortably. I think it's as good as it's going to get now so I won't be bothering with any more treatment, hence I am now putting my claim in.

Just a few questions. When the injury initially happened I was on the VHI MultiTrip Policy. When I flew to Australia my Policy changed to Global. So the $2300 I spent that year was all under that policy. Then, that year expired and it renewed in January of 2015, so the $700 I spent recently is under yet another seperate policy.

Should I use seperate claim forms to try and claim my 2014 and 2015 expenses or will the same one be ok? Have I left it too late to try and claim the 2014 expenses?

Does it matter that the initial incident happened in 2013 while I was on a different policy?

I work as a Personal Trainer and so have been left unable to work for long periods of time whilst immobilised in a Walking Boot. Not sure if that matters or not but it really added to the financial burden.

Anyone able to enlighten me?

Advertisement