Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

winter cycling gear

• 01-12-2014 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭

Hey folks.
    I am hoping to get back on the bike over the Christmas week with the time off. I am a novice cyclist, done a good bit over the summer but never in cold weather.so I am just wondering what kind of gear do you wear on winter cycles.
    Thanks
    Brian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

A windstopper jacket with a quality base layer underneath.
    Cycle shorts with bib tights over the top, a good pair of windstopper cycle gloves and a thermo skull cap.
    Finally, a pair of neroprene overshoes to keep tootsies warm and I'm ready to rock n roll in winter...

Windstopper gear is a deffo if you are doing longer decents and a quality base layer wicks away the sweat so you dont freeze under wet clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Cool , thanks man, I have some good canterbury baselayers. Will have to try pick up the rest of the stuff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

CCC (cold) base layers are good, i use them to.
    Shop around online...you'll be amazed what bargins you'll find and special offers.
    A certain item will be x amount on 1 site and y amount on another and most do free post if you spend just a few euro...
    1 last piece of advice...."you get what you pay for in most cases"...

Happy hunting..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

Any long sleeve base layer and a windstopper will do. I use this dhb Windslam Roubaix nearly everyday. Nice and snuggly
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-windslam-roubaix-long-sleeve-jersey/

Sometimes, if it's really cold, it goes out the weekend too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Thanks guys, did a brief look see today, most of the stuff is pretty expensive. will keep an eye out, otherwise I might just up cyckling in regular and clothes, not ideal, but probably the cheapest option!
    Although defo getting them shoe cover thingys and good gloves/.

Advertisement