Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BSG : Blood & Chrome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

damn i was gonna post that, damn work, :D

hopefully not the the death bell for caprica, i dunno why they couldnt just time jump to this point in say season 3 of caprica,

though with a title BSG Blood and Chrome it removes the limitations of of being planet set,

but what the hell, cylon war im game,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

IMO...this spells the doom of Caprica, B&C will be what Caprica should have been!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yep, sounds like a better version of Caprica. Can't see both happening at the same time, so I'd expect a rush ending to Caprica now, with a lead in to Blood & Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

don ramo wrote: »
    damn i was gonna post that, damn work, :D

hopefully not the the death bell for caprica, i dunno why they couldnt just time jump to this point in say season 3 of caprica,

though with a title BSG Blood and Chrome it removes the limitations of of being planet set,

but what the hell, cylon war im game,

You thought Caprica was going to make it 3 seasons? :p

I like Caprica but we all know the ratings aren't cutting it so we probably won't get to see the start of the war in Season 2/3/... and let it progress into what B&C is going to be.

In a perfect world I'd like to see Caprica finish off this season with a "Cylon in every home" working for mankind as slaves. Then one more season about the revolt and the beginnings of the war. B&C would then act as an action packed link between Caprica and BSG.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Bacchus wrote: »
    In a perfect world I'd like to see Caprica finish off this season with a "Cylon in every home" working for mankind as slaves.

They were created to be soldiers werent they?

They were created to be soldiers werent they?

They were, but we see other models later on in Caprica. I never saw them on a baseship unless they were down in the galley making toast for the centurions or doing a bit of hoovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

http://blastr.com/2010/12/-concept-art-from-battles1s.php#4

Some new concept art - the snow picture is a bit WTF?!

noodler wrote: »
    http://blastr.com/2010/12/-concept-art-from-battles1s.php#4

Some new concept art - the snow picture is a bit WTF?!

Looks a bit mad all right!, have you seen Razor? / Husker flashbacks? It might be related to a scene in that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Fingers crossed this will be good. Everything hangs on who they cast as Adama. Any more info?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

I'm curious about what this is going to be like? With Caprica gone, I need my cylon fix!

Do have any rough idea when the pilot will air?

Volvagia wrote: »
    I'm curious about what this is going to be like? With Caprica gone, I need my cylon fix!

Do have any rough idea when the pilot will air?

I don't think we have a cast yet so ....... late 2012?

Purely guesswork though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

IMDB has the guy who played Adama in Razor listed as playing him in blood and chrome, dunno if thats confirmed yet or not though.

its down as October 2011 there too for the pilot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1067317/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

keithgeo wrote: »
    IMDB has the guy who played Adama in Razor listed as playing him in blood and chrome, dunno if thats confirmed yet or not though.

its down as October 2011 there too for the pilot.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1067317/

I hope not, I hated that guy. He was like the Fonze in space.

Branoic wrote: »
    I hope not, I hated that guy. He was like the Fonze in space.
    that gave me a good chuckle! He must have been chosen initially for his husky qualities.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

This popped up on twitter today...

Battlestar Galactica Blood and Chrome begins shooting Jan 31st in Vancouver-David Eick producing #BSG #CYLON #CAPRICA @syfy
    http://twitter.com/SiliconeAllie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

youd think after the failure of caprica they get a new showrunner, someone with a fresh perspective on the mythology of the show, eick done great for BSG, but he should have stepped aside and allowed someone else take it to the next level,

Stargate Universe suffered the same problem with joseph mallozzi running things from SG-1 to Atlantis, and onto SGU,

these shows will continue to suffer untill the studios relise one person can only supervise so much mythology, and that he needs to be replaced at some point,

if you look through some shows like star trek, stargate and battlestar, youll see names constantly recurring through all the series, and the longer it goes on the worse each show gets,

after the failure of Caprica and SGU, i wouldn't have expected to hear from either francise for at least 3-5 years minimum,

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

don ramo wrote: »
    youd think after the failure of caprica they get a new showrunner, someone with a fresh perspective on the mythology of the show, eick done great for BSG, but he should have stepped aside and allowed someone else take it to the next level,

Stargate Universe suffered the same problem with joseph mallozzi running things from SG-1 to Atlantis, and onto SGU,

these shows will continue to suffer untill the studios relise one person can only supervise so much mythology, and that he needs to be replaced at some point,

if you look through some shows like star trek, stargate and battlestar, youll see names constantly recurring through all the series, and the longer it goes on the worse each show gets,

after the failure of Caprica and SGU, i wouldn't have expected to hear from either francise for at least 3-5 years minimum,
    I think what really happened with Caprica is that everyone liked the idea in theory, but in the end they wanted Cylons and they wanted action. Blood & Chrome is just giving the studio happy fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

io9 have a good 'review' of the upcoming show.

<<WARNING -- SOME SPOILERS>>

Linky here http://io9.com/5740148/weve-read-some-script-pages-from-battlestar-galactica-blood-and-chrome

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tags

So looking forward to this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I like him.. he's a good actor!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Is Ronald D. Moore having less to do with this one? Not much involvement going by IMDB, though credits don't look near complete yet.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1704292/fullcredits
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0601822/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

Pros: He's good looking, I reckon he can pull off the look and he's a good actor.
    Con: "Husker" - how the **** is he gonna pull off the voice.

Also, I had to laugh at this quote from the above article:
    Pasqualino is just the latest dirty foreigner to play a member of the Adama clan.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/26/battlestar-galactica-blood-chorme-cast/
    Syfy has cast Luke Pasqualino (Skins — U.K.) as Adama. While Ben Cotton (Hellcats, Riese) is the other lead, playing Adama’s commanding officer.
    First, here’s some official character descriptions that give you some new details about the show:
    Pasqualino will star as the young, talented fighter pilot William Adama, a recent Academy graduate who finds himself assigned to the newest Battlestar in the Colonial fleet: the Galactica. Full of ambition and in pursuit of the intense action that the Cylon war promises, Adama quickly finds himself at odds with Coker (Cotton), the battle-weary officer to whom he reports. With 45 days left in his tour of duty, Coker desires an end to battle just as much as Adama craves the start of it. Though they clash at first, the two men forge an unlikely bond when a routine mission turns dangerous and becomes a pivotal one for the desperate fleet.
    Blood & Chrome is set during the 10th year of the first Cylon war. The show will debut with a two-hour pilot on Syfy, executive produced by David Eick.

Why not start it from the beginning of the cylon war?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

its going to be ruined by bejorans

its going to be ruined by bejorans

b8759bc53fmments.jpg.jpg

• Advertisement

Looks terribly miscast too me.

Scrawny teenager?

Maybe if he bulks up or somthing but I can not see it for the life of me.

Advertisement