Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's life in NZ/Aus?

• 10-08-2008 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Well, well well. Our very own NZ and Aus forum!

To start us off I thought I'd make a thread for general/off-topic chat. Feel free to drop in to us and tell us how you're getting on, are you homesick, having a difficult time?

If you have specific questions about travel or visas etc please start a new thread. This is for random chat.

I'll start.

Man, New Zealand is cold. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'm the other way around. My mates have been in NZ for agggeessss

Come back Anna and Ronan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I'm the other way around. My mates have been in NZ for agggeessss

Come back Anna and Ronan!

NZ sucks you in. They'll never escape now!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

They're travelling around the north in a van called Frank. Last I heard they were stuck in Coromandel because of the flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Australia isn't cold at the moment, but Victoria is wet. It's rained nearly every day for the last four weeks. That's on the back of 10 years of drought though, so some of the dams and lakes are still at only 20% capacity, so there are STILL level 4 water restrictions in the area I'm in. Hahaha, my excuse not to clean my car continues...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭sheepshagger

Am opposte to most on here (I'd imagine). . am orginally from NZ, have been here (Dublin) for 7 years. . . went back to watch the rugby earlier in the year - No desire to go back for good at all !

• Advertisement

They're travelling around the north in a van called Frank. Last I heard they were stuck in Coromandel because of the flooding.

Yup, they might be stuck for a while! I get traffic/accident alerts from the NZ police sent to work in case it effects staff. I had 30 of them when I got in to work. There's flooding and accidents everywhere.
    Australia isn't cold at the moment, but Victoria is wet. It's rained nearly every day for the last four weeks. That's on the back of 10 years of drought though, so some of the dams and lakes are still at only 20% capacity, so there are STILL level 4 water restrictions in the area I'm in. Hahaha, my excuse not to clean my car continues...

Wow, we've been told our water levels are back to normal and we're good to be wasteful again!
    Am opposte to most on here (I'd imagine). . am orginally from NZ, have been here (Dublin) for 7 years. . . went back to watch the rugby earlier in the year - No desire to go back for good at all !

You kiwis get everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Hey peeps, living it up in sydney 16C outside not a cloud in the sky.

Just beautiful :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,856 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Got sunburnt yesterday playin football here in Perth. It was a decent 20 degrees and warm when the sun was out. Feckin freezing once it hid behind the clouds though.

Boo-urns to you Aussies and your sun!

I went skiing in the north island last weekend but the weather was so bad that they just closed the mountain! Managed to get a day in later in the week but it was nowhere near as good as skiing in Europe.

I must have a chat with robinph about the ski conditions. He's coming over this way fairly soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

Starting to get slightly warmer here in Melbourne. You can actually feel a little bit of heat during the stay. Still pretty cold at night. Bucketed rain last night.

Uuuuggghh. Mondays. Halfway there, come on!

• Advertisement

Starting to get slightly warmer here in Melbourne. You can actually feel a little bit of heat during the stay. Still pretty cold at night. Bucketed rain last night.

Uuuuggghh. Mondays. Halfway there, come on!

Only 1 hour 20 minutes for me. You gotta love the time difference!

Yeah well....I was still in bed when you were working this morning. So HA!

Yeah well....I was still in bed when you were working this morning. So HA!

Burn! :)

4 and a half hours to go for me :(

Xavi6 wrote: »
    4 and a half hours to go for me :(

Mwah hah hah! 1 hour for me. Going to go home and watch some Olympics after work. It's strangely mesmerising!

watna wrote: »
    Mwah hah hah! 1 hour for me. Going to go home and watch some Olympics after work. It's strangely mesmerising!

I'm an ABA (anyone but Australians). It's only cos Australians are so damn compeditive!
    My boss is a bit of a legend. He brought a television into the office and has the olympics on! Was cheering as the Aussies lost the swimming at lunch time!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

I'm an ABA (anyone but Australians). It's only cos Australians are so damn compeditive!
    My boss is a bit of a legend. He brought a television into the office and has the olympics on! Was cheering as the Aussies lost the swimming at lunch time!

I'm the same. I let an awful roar out of myself last night when Argentina scored in the soccer match against Australia and the girlfriend was fit to level me!

It's funny how the girls are mad into the sport too! Especially the AFL in Melbourne, everyone has a team and supports them!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

hey all! mmm.. just breathe in that new forum smell!

im in a fantastic mood today! im working as a reliever in preschools and my fave centre asked me if i'd be interested in being a member of permanant staff!

probably wont be able to, but just the fact they asked has me floating!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I hate AFL, Melbourne is mad for it. Weather here has been lousy the last while, today has been on and off but it's feckin' baltic outside. I spent last winter in Wellington and that was seriously bad, worse than Ireland, more wind and rain, never again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SquirrelOnCrack

Im in Melbourne, did someone say that the weather is getting better here? Liar... 12c outside and about to rain again. Oh well, 15 min till I finish work..

yeah it's shocking out there and supposed to be woeful all week

No rain here. Feckin football pitches were rock solid yesterday so I've got some horrible grass burns down my legs :(

2 hours til the workin day is done.

In 2 months we'll all be on here saying 'Its too bloody hot'. Its never a happy medium.

today was a shorts and tshirt day.

once you got over the morning frost which was pretty awful, a squinchy smattering of raindrops at lunch time,a nd now the sun is going down it's getting chilly again.

but the afternoon in general was lovely.

In 2 months we'll all be on here saying 'Its too bloody hot'. Its never a happy medium.

oh snap! i can't tolerate the heat down here. i think there'll be about 4months of the year, spring and autumn where ill be kinda comfortable in the heat. but summer's too hot,a nd winter's too cold.

I dont have heating or cooling in my house which is worse. I think we Irish would win gold at the Olympics for moaning about the weather, lol. Are you guys living in Oz or just on a WHV?

Bring on the 40 degree heat I say. I haven't been in my swimming pool in about four months and I need to hit the beach again to do some boarding.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

hey crumble if you are workin with Little Kiddies, check out the WorldBearProject.org

Advertisement