Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chem trails

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

espinolman wrote: »
    Chemtrails are being discussed right now on the gerry ryan show . There were chemtrails over wicklow on sunday , a trail was over wicklow for 12 hours on sunday blocking out the sun .
    :confused: I think that was most likely a cloud? What kind of plane could produce enough exhausts to block out the sun?!? Did anyone see this mysterious cloud-producing aircraft?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Chemtrails are being discussed right now on the gerry ryan show . There were chemtrails over wicklow on sunday , a trail was over wicklow for 12 hours on sunday blocking out the sun . A caller rang in to the show about it ,

It's been said before espinolman but the first thing we need to do here is prove that the chemtrail spraying planes even exist. If these spraying aircraft don't exist then they can't be out spraying the clouds with chemicals. All aircraft are logged and tracked so it should be reasonably easy to do this. You could also get a meteorologist to say whether they think these clouds/contrails are unusual even.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm not really into conspiracy theories but I've seen very similar things to this over the last few weeks in Mid-Louth.

At any one time that I've seen it, there are at least 2 trails running parallel to one another, traveling in a SE -> NW direction.

The trails seem to spiral on themselves and slowly expand.

Maybe it's just caused by the weather conditions but who knows. It's weird that there's been a surge in sightings but all it takes is one person noticing something to cause more to see it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭ilivetolearn

Maybe it's just caused by the weather conditions but who knows. It's weird that there's been a surge in sightings but all it takes is one person noticing something to cause more to see it

I'm not very well versed with this specific theory myself but it would be great if you could try capturing a few images with a digital camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Has anyone ever seen a plane at the end of one of these?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

i will post the pics I took on hols of these , be back next week and will bang them up.

basically watched 4 planes travel to the south , high, maybe 35 k feet or so where i am staying in greece all in the space of 1 hour
    totally clear sky before hand - not a cloud .

3 had full trails , the other had the normal trail that fades after a minute or so . i think i caught them all on camera.

the 3 large trails expanded until they covered most of the southern sky
    like a huge blanket of thin cloud .

i firmly remember contrails as a kid and teenager , as i was big in to planes , now - and for the last at least 5 years , may be one in 5 is a normal trail, the rest look like solid trails that appear to expand into cloud blankets.

i have no doubt about the fact someone is using commercial aircraft to release something other than jet exhaust in the sky .

why, and what it is - no idea,

but i do doubt it is good for us .
    and i would quite frankly be fairly worried about it ,- its obviously happening under our noses.

have also noticed on the morning commute , along the canal in dublin from doplhins barn to baggot street , approx 8-30 am at least 4 or 5 jets in rapid succession two or three times a week , every week , leaving huge contrails as above , with the odd jet leaving just the old school trail that vanishes.

some take a right hand turn over dublin bay and head south , leaving a full trail , and some only seem to start a trail as they hit dublin

its well fcuking weird.

have a look if you are in dublin , you will be stunned .

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Can't imagine why there'd be a lot of planes above Dublin.

So can anyone post a single picture of the device on the plane that actually sprays the chemicals?
    Or a picture of them fill a tank with this chemical?

I'm not very well versed with this specific theory myself but it would be great if you could try capturing a few images with a digital camera.

I'll be sure to get a video and pictures the next time I see it
    Has anyone ever seen a plane at the end of one of these?

Yes, I have.

they were very high altitude too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why has no one taken shots of these planes with a good telephoto lens? Should give you a nice clear image...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

briktop wrote: »
    basically watched 4 planes travel to the south , high, maybe 35 k feet or so where i am staying in greece all in the space of 1 hour
    i have no doubt about the fact someone is using commercial aircraft to release something other than jet exhaust in the sky .
    At 35,000 feet? What would be the point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I'm not really into conspiracy theories but I've seen very similar things to this over the last few weeks in Mid-Louth.

At any one time that I've seen it, there are at least 2 trails running parallel to one another, traveling in a SE -> NW direction.

The trails seem to spiral on themselves and slowly expand.

Ever since the caller brought up chemtrails in wicklow on the gerry ryan show a couple of weeks ago i have not seen many in wicklow , so it could be that they moved the operation up to MId - Louth , because of the publicity it got down here , so if you want to stop them chem-trailing Mid-Louth i would suggest you get the word out by ringing up a radio show , but don't say it is about chem-trails because they probably won't allow you on air , make up something whatever and then when you get on air get the word out about it , you see i think they stopped chem-trailing wicklow because of that call to the gerry-ryan show a couple of weeks ago .

Ever since the caller brought up chemtrails in wicklow on the gerry ryan show a couple of weeks ago i have not seen many in wicklow , so it could be that they moved the operation up to MId - Louth , because of the publicity it got down here , so if you want to stop them chem-trailing Mid-Louth i would suggest you get the word out by ringing up a radio show , but don't say it is about chem-trails because they probably won't allow you on air , make up something whatever and then when you get on air get the word out about it , you see i think they stopped chem-trailing wicklow because of that call to the gerry-ryan show a couple of weeks ago .

If you are saying that chemtrails are spread from 35000 ft then moving them from Wicklow to Louth wouldn't make much of a difference on the grand scale of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

totally clear sky before hand - not a cloud .

3 had full trails , the other had the normal trail that fades after a minute or so . i think i caught them all on camera.

The non-conspiratorial explanation is, of course, that the planes weren't all travelling at the same height, and that the conditions at one height was different to the conditions at another.

Given that we know that clouds form at different heights because conditions differ over height, we can certainly accept the latter half od this as plausible.

As to the heights of the planes...its an unknown. Eyeballing planes travelling overhead does not yield an accurate measurement of altitude. Lets just imagine that 3 of the planes were flying around 32k, and one at 37k....they're all "around 35k", but there's 5000ft (almost a vertical mile) seperating them.

What we do know, however, is that its perfectly normal for different planes to follow similar routes at different heights.

I accept that this explanation doesn't rule out "foul play". Its not intended to. It merely shows that there isn't a requirement for anything unusual in order to explain what you saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

If you are saying that chemtrails are spread from 35000 ft then moving them from Wicklow to Louth wouldn't make much of a difference on the grand scale of things.

Indeed. At that altitude, moving from Ireland to England wouldn't have much of a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭briktop

im just guessing the height , it may have been higher or lower , and some were a slight bit lower than others .

why 35000 feet ?, well if i knew that , id probably know the whole reason then , and wouldnt be posting it here -

but normal contrails do not stick around for long , these all stayed for the rest of the day into the night and got wider and flatter .

hows it done and why- no idea but its going on and its odd as fcuk.

keep an eye out along the canal in the mornings and see if you catch the 4 or 5 planes that reg seem to 'spray " right across dublin two or 3 times a week - its freaky .

should be vey apparent with the nice weather .

should be vey apparent with the nice weather .

But if they're trying to keep this a secret wouldn't they just not do it on claer days like this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

these all stayed for the rest of the day into the night and got wider and flatter .

Would it be possible to film them all day and into the night , and then speed up the film and post it on here so we would be able to see exactly what is going on ?

There's one directly above my house now and I can't find a bleedin memory card for the camera :mad:

I saw the plane go overhead about 25 mins ago and the contrail is steadily being caught in the breeze and expanding. It's beginning to look like a thin blanket cloud

There's other planes in the sky too, with normal, dissipating trails

There's one directly above my house now and I can't find a bleedin memory card for the camera :mad:

I saw the plane go overhead about 25 mins ago and the contrail is steadily being caught in the breeze and expanding. It's beginning to look like a thin blanket cloud

There's other planes in the sky too, with normal, dissipating trails

Different altitudes will different wind patterns. Like the sea.

Different altitudes will different wind patterns. Like the sea.

You're right of course, but it's certainly odd that the contrails that don't dissipate always have the same SE -> NW heading and are always high in the sky, at least the ones I've seen..

I wonder if some airlines are using a different fuel mixture which has some heavier elements when burned. That could explain the slow break-up of the trails

• Advertisement

You're right of course, but it's certainly odd that the contrails that don't dissipate always have the same SE -> NW heading and are always high in the sky, at least the ones I've seen..

I wonder if some airlines are using a different fuel mixture which has some heavier elements when burned. That could explain the slow break-up of the trails

And how exactly do we know normal contrails always dissipate quickly again?
    Or is this something you have to assume for this conspiracy to work?

King Mob wrote: »
    And how exactly do we know normal contrails always dissipate quickly again?
    Or is this something you have to assume for this conspiracy to work?

I never said they do always dissipate quickly, and I defo never said it was a conspiracy.. =p

I'm basing my thoughts on what I have seen. From the many jet trails I've seen in the time I've being aware of them, few have remained unbroken for more than 10 minutes.

I never said they do always dissipate quickly, and I defo never said it was a conspiracy.. =p

I'm basing my thoughts on what I have seen. From the many jet trails I've seen in the time I've being aware of them, few have remained unbroken for more than 10 minutes.

And how do you know that these aren't normal contrails?

And how do you know that these aren't normal contrails?

I don't know, hence the Conspiracy Theory forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Weirdest thing just seen (45 min ago) something that looked like a shuttle pass directly over head without any chem/com trails.

Anyone else see it, im in rathdrum co wicklow.

I don't know, hence the Conspiracy Theory forum

So the theory is that chemtrails can be identified by them lasting longer that contrails. But you don't know how long contrails can last.

It's a fairly weak theory.

So the theory is that chemtrails can be identified by them lasting longer that contrails. But you don't know how long contrails can last.

It's a fairly weak theory.

I'd imagine they could last for hours (depending on conditions), much the same as Snow Flakes.. as both are made from ice crystals, I'm no expert on Sublimation and again must stress that I'm not theorizing, I'm just saying what I saw and trying to make sense of it.

Of every 100 jet-trails I've seen, 98 of them have dissipated fairly quickly.

About Sublimation, afaik if there is alot of vapor in the air it would take longer for ice-crystals to sublimate. Bear in mind though, that the skies have been cloudless when I've seen them which suggests that there isn't a huge amount of vapor in the air.

I'd imagine they could last for hours (depending on conditions), much the same as Snow Flakes.. as both are made from ice crystals, I'm no expert on Sublimation and again must stress that I'm not theorizing, I'm just saying what I saw and trying to make sense of it.

Of every 100 jet-trails I've seen, 98 of them have dissipated fairly quickly.

About Sublimation, afaik if there is alot of vapor in the air it would take longer for ice-crystals to sublimate. Bear in mind though, that the skies have been cloudless when I've seen them which suggests that there isn't a huge amount of vapor in the air.
    So not only do you not know how long they last you're not too sure of the effect the environment have on them.
    And these 2% of contrails that don't disappear quickly how do you know they are different?
    How do you know how they react? Have you continuously watched one till it disappeared?

So it's fair to say that the visual evidence ain't great.

And why exactly would these trails last longer?

This is getting retarded ffs

read my posts... I don't know how/why/who

I only posted my experiences of seeing what I saw

and yes, I have watched contrails disappear

• Advertisement

This is getting retarded ffs

read my posts... I don't know how/why/who

I only posted my experiences of seeing what I saw

and yes, I have watched contrails disappear

So then if you cannot show how long a contrail can last, or how to differentiate chemtrails from contrails and you can't show evidence or reason that long lasting contrails are out of the ordinary, why do you think they are in anyway suspicious?

Advertisement