Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XBMC for android has finally launched

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I can't get it to see Mkv files, are they supported.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi guys,
    I am able to get it to see my shared folder which is sitting on my Windows 8 laptop once I manually enter in all the details but it does not seem to be able to find it automatically, why is this do any of you know?

Thanks,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

The re-touched skin linked in the XDA thread won't install on the RC I went back to a build from the 6/12 and it installs fine. It's from the same creator as the original touched skin.
    In saying that the Touched skin available already in the settings menu works fine for the RC but is a bit too appley for my like.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Only got the Nexus 7 yesterday and have yet to try this app. I have XBMC Remote (very snazzy app to show off to people in me house) and ES Explorer for streaming to the tablet at the moment.

Since it's in beta, how's it running with the repositories? When I get this set up on the tablet my Media Center will have turned into a Media House :D

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

neacy69 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if i can point the xbmc to my WD TV and stream the files from that?
    Is it as simple as putting in the IP address? Would I use SMB also?
    Thanks

Yes, you can stream via an SMB share. Just use the WDTV IP address and the share name of the external WDTV drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I tried streaming from my NSA310 to my Nexus 7 earlier and HD stuff was unwatchable

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm still not completely sure which file to download for a Tegra device. Can someone give me a direct link to the latest APK?

I think it's this one but al not 100%

http://xbmc-android.googlecode.com/files/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2012-12-12-no-neon-839f65d5aa5d0ffc88002318338901c4b47f0beb.apk

I'm still not completely sure which file to download for a Tegra device. Can someone give me a direct link to the latest APK?

I think it's this one but al not 100%

http://xbmc-android.googlecode.com/files/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-debug-2012-12-12-no-neon-839f65d5aa5d0ffc88002318338901c4b47f0beb.apk

If it's tegra 2 then yep the non neon version is the right one.
    If it's tegra 3 then the neon version you do want.

It's a tegra 3 (Acer a510) so I guess I should stick with what I have as it's working grand.

It's a tegra 3 (Acer a510) so I guess I should stick with what I have as it's working grand.

You've linked to the non neon in your post.
    As tegra 3 supports neon commands you'll want this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭polaris68

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I tried streaming from my NSA310 to my Nexus 7 earlier and HD stuff was unwatchable

I have the same problem streaming from an NSA310 to my galaxy tab2. The stock video player on the tablet plays the stream no problem.

I guess they're still a few bugs to be sorted out with this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is is just for video streaming/sharing? can i share document's too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Is is just for video streaming/sharing? can i share document's too?

Hi guys,
    Using the latest build on my Nexus 10 and streaming from my laptop but 720p content stutters, should this be the case? Is it streaming 720p fine for you??

Cheers,
    M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

madmoe wrote: »

Hi guys,
    Using the latest build on my Nexus 10 and streaming from my laptop but 720p content stutters, should this be the case? Is it streaming 720p fine for you??

Cheers,
    M

Any streaming over wireless will always be hit and miss

It streams 720p perfectly for me. Then again I realised that BSPlayer could play everything over the network so I'm kind of not using XBMC any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

it installs but wont open on a samsung galaxy tab 10.1 running 4.0.4 saying its imcompatible? can anyone help?

Advertisement