Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[CoD MW3] General News and Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Haha, not that I know of.
    They are only doing the current DLC maps and future ones for Black Ops.
    The current ones are all Treyarch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

<snip>

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Removed a a good few posts that were completely off topic and frankly some of which were stupid.

Keep it on topic folks.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Well hopefully they will do a good job, the current maps are ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

I just want the ACR back and the M4A1 those babies were nuke candy for me, I will still play MW3 if its broken, unless they go from rank limit of 70 to 100 then Id be a bit pissed

• Advertisement

My two Cents........ have fallen out of my wallet BOLLOCKS

anyway, MW3 will have one thing, IW are good at in terms of gaming, making something new, they carried from stupid WW2 games into the Modern Age of war, which was awesome since we had killstreaks like choppers, automatic guns, gold guns and sniping which was mucho excellente and lets face it folks when MW2 came out and you played your first match where no one had Model 1887 or Dangerclose OMA combination thought out, it was the best game ever.

Knowing IW they will revamp all the stuff from MW2 into MW3 with tweaking to make it better (Like Bandoleer becoming Scavenger) and other things like new attachments, remember that time you were like "FMJ? are those flame bullets?" because of the emblem :P I like IW because they make new things all the time, like coming up with Nukes and EMP's and all that stuff.

Now im not hating of Treyarch, I will admit they arent my favorite game developers but they can make a game, but when I played Black Ops for the first time I knew what everything was bar Duel Mags, since everything was in MW2.

Now one thing we can be assured on is the Campaign, IW havent made a bad Campaign yet, in fact they get better, so If multiplayer is broken then I will play campaign over and over, in terms of multiplayer I dont think IW will disappoint since I heard Robert Bowling is cracking skulls and whipping the community to make sure this game isnt exploited, But I think we can all say one thing "F*CK ACTIVISION" those guys are the reason MW2 got so messed up, because IW have to ask permission to develop a patch, and patches waste time and money so Activison dont like patches, just how Activision refuse to buy dedicated servers because "What profit will we make out of these 'servers?'" the answer is none really, its for us, so we can enjoy a lag free game.

Now for the fun part, I heard a little tiny rumor, IW may be seeking security assistance from Treyarch in regards of stopping hacking, boosting and JTAG`s, in essence about 10% of the gamers in MW2 have hacked, Black ops players hacks are like 0.05% there is a rare 15th with like -1314% accuracy or played 2 days.

and Maps? Maps are awesome in MW2, I remember my first game of MW2..... TDM on Sub Base with a FAMAS..... 25-3 ahh memories.... anyway maps were awesome, map packs, not so much, maps like Terminal, Derailed, Afhgan, Favela, HighRise and ofcourse Skidrow.....ahh skidrow, how I miss thee.... were amazing, they were new, had secret locations and had effects like wind blowing harshly or snow fog (which was a bitch) but the maps were epic SO IW wont dissapoint in MW3 I would hope, and so what if they are from the campaign of MW3 it will still be fun, though MW1 levels.....bleh .

Now for weapons, MW2 had the best weapons in all of the COD games, ACR, SPAS-12, M4A1, M240 the list goes on, those weapons were unique in sounds, (unlike the M16 in BO and the Commando having the same sound) which was present in MW2 campaign where the M4A1 had the M16A4 sound but not in multiplayer, sound was awesome in MW2 lacks in BO.

One thing IW have to take from Treyarch is this, why was Black ops so awesome in terms of being balanced and not exploited, here is why

Treyarch:

-Made the entire Multiplayer before the campaign

-Made everyone in the closed Beta minimum level 20 ( I think)

-Made sure everyone had a taste of all weapons to see if some were overpowered

-Have a great security team, something IW lacks due to the break up of their company

- And simple, IW didnt do a full proper beta, they just made sure people got a taste of it, they didnt take anything from it.

they are my two cents.......and why the f*ck do you have them? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'd imagine that they wont be doing any drastic changes... They'll probably not modify the engine very much so the game will probably still feel and play the same as MW2. Reskin the player models (A junior game developer could do that on his own), new maps and a rethink in terms of killstreaks and perks.

We'll have to wait and see but im not expecting as big a change as from MW to MW2.

Im more interested to hear about respawn's first game and the possible annoucement of HL3 this year !! (PLLLLLEASEEEE VALVE ?????)

AGB_Ghost wrote: »

- And simple, IW didnt do a full proper beta, they just made sure people got a taste of it, they didnt take anything from it.

errr ? Treyarchs beta testing was absolutely horrible... im guessing you never played the PC or PS3 versions for the first month or 2 ? They did a closed friends and family beta, which just isnt good enough for a game that will be played by millions.

They both should take a page from blizzards book (By far the best developer within Activision/Blizzard). The testing they do is absolutely rock solid.

Magill wrote: »
    I'd imagine that they wont be doing any drastic changes... They'll probably not modify the engine very much so the game will probably still feel and play the same as MW2. Reskin the player models (A junior game developer could do that on his own), new maps and a rethink in terms of killstreaks and perks.

We'll have to wait and see but im not expecting as big a change as from MW to MW2.

Im more interested to hear about respawn's first game and the possible annoucement of HL3 this year !! (PLLLLLEASEEEE VALVE ?????)

errr ? Treyarchs beta testing was absolutely horrible... im guessing you never played the PC or PS3 versions for the first month or 2 ? They did a closed friends and family beta, which just isnt good enough for a game that will be played by millions.

They both should take a page from blizzards book (By far the best developer within Activision/Blizzard). The testing they do is absolutely rock solid.

I dont play PS3 and my PC is as reliable as a noob with a jtag, that info was taken from a statement I saw ages ago, like last october :P

I have to agree with NGT with Treyarch, I personally love their commitment to gaming and how they made a Call of Duty to last us until MW3 but thats all it is, a pass time in my opinion, I was crazy for MW2 I went to the midnight release, got the Prestige edition, with black ops I was like..... "Meh might aswell go to the release to do something I guess" but one thing Modern Warfare captured is the Modern part, while playing the multiplayer, the killstreaks and weapons would remind you, your in modern time and it was kind of futuristic, in Black ops I forget im in the cold war and that this happened like 50-60 years ago, this game does not capture the fact it was set X many years ago which is a disappointment to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I dont mind if they keep the same engine as MW1 and 2, because its rock solid, I'm playing the MW2 campaign again (on recruit, I just wanna bomb through it) and its still really impressive looking in places, as was Blops single player at times, but not so much the multiplayer. The maps on MW2 are leagues ahead of Blops, Summit, Nuketown and maybe Stadium are the only maps I really enjoy, compared to Favela, Skidrow, Wasteland, Afghan,Estate, and Terminal, imo the best cOD map ever.

In terms of presentation IW are way ahead of Treyarch, everything from the menus to the sound and look of MW2 is superior to Blops, which is just dull looking throughout.

• Advertisement

My two Cents........ have fallen out of my wallet BOLLOCKS

anyway, MW3 will have one thing, IW are good at in terms of gaming, making something new, they carried from stupid WW2 games into the Modern Age of war, which was awesome since we had killstreaks like choppers, automatic guns, gold guns and sniping which was mucho excellente and lets face it folks when MW2 came out and you played your first match where no one had Model 1887 or Dangerclose OMA combination thought out, it was the best game ever.

Knowing IW they will revamp all the stuff from MW2 into MW3 with tweaking to make it better (Like Bandoleer becoming Scavenger) and other things like new attachments, remember that time you were like "FMJ? are those flame bullets?" because of the emblem :P I like IW because they make new things all the time, like coming up with Nukes and EMP's and all that stuff.

Now im not hating of Treyarch, I will admit they arent my favorite game developers but they can make a game, but when I played Black Ops for the first time I knew what everything was bar Duel Mags, since everything was in MW2.

Now one thing we can be assured on is the Campaign, IW havent made a bad Campaign yet, in fact they get better, so If multiplayer is broken then I will play campaign over and over, in terms of multiplayer I dont think IW will disappoint since I heard Robert Bowling is cracking skulls and whipping the community to make sure this game isnt exploited, But I think we can all say one thing "F*CK ACTIVISION" those guys are the reason MW2 got so messed up, because IW have to ask permission to develop a patch, and patches waste time and money so Activison dont like patches, just how Activision refuse to buy dedicated servers because "What profit will we make out of these 'servers?'" the answer is none really, its for us, so we can enjoy a lag free game.

Now for the fun part, I heard a little tiny rumor, IW may be seeking security assistance from Treyarch in regards of stopping hacking, boosting and JTAG`s, in essence about 10% of the gamers in MW2 have hacked, Black ops players hacks are like 0.05% there is a rare 15th with like -1314% accuracy or played 2 days.

and Maps? Maps are awesome in MW2, I remember my first game of MW2..... TDM on Sub Base with a FAMAS..... 25-3 ahh memories.... anyway maps were awesome, map packs, not so much, maps like Terminal, Derailed, Afhgan, Favela, HighRise and ofcourse Skidrow.....ahh skidrow, how I miss thee.... were amazing, they were new, had secret locations and had effects like wind blowing harshly or snow fog (which was a bitch) but the maps were epic SO IW wont dissapoint in MW3 I would hope, and so what if they are from the campaign of MW3 it will still be fun, though MW1 levels.....bleh .

Now for weapons, MW2 had the best weapons in all of the COD games, ACR, SPAS-12, M4A1, M240 the list goes on, those weapons were unique in sounds, (unlike the M16 in BO and the Commando having the same sound) which was present in MW2 campaign where the M4A1 had the M16A4 sound but not in multiplayer, sound was awesome in MW2 lacks in BO.

One thing IW have to take from Treyarch is this, why was Black ops so awesome in terms of being balanced and not exploited, here is why

Treyarch:

-Made the entire Multiplayer before the campaign

-Have a great security team, something IW lacks due to the break up of their company

they are my two cents.......and why the f*ck do you have them? :mad:

Just going to addressing some of your points in bullet points and I apolgise if I jump in parts from the time line of your post...
      No, my first game on MW2 was littered with
    witch gimps and I bought the game on release at midnight and that was a constant theme throughout my time on MW2 as well as those noob tubers, HBS camping, nuke obsessed, camo obsessed idiots. I'm probably in the minority, but I despised the game within 24 hours, hand on heart can say that was the case. I'm not one to make rash judgments but I knew almost immediately I was never going to get one with this game unless IW fixed things which I knew they weren't as COD4 had it's issues too but f which took months to be fixed or weren't fixed.
      Sniping wasn't
    mucho excellente as you put it IMO. It was very good in COD4. Sniping was made noob friendly for MW2 no doubt about it so to draw in that younger market the game was clearly intended to. Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power and Steady Aim was designed to be made available for the OpTic and Grizz wannabes.

• Bandolier(extended mags) was a far more better and sensible perk to have in the game than re-inventing it as Scavenger in regards. IF scavenger was to only replenish gun ammo then all is good.
    • Neither company did a proper beta as far as I'am concerned.
    • IW's campaigns a have gotten better!? Ask most older games who played COD2, 4 and MW2 single player and I highly doubt MW2 would top the list as the best campaign. This Michael Bay generation that plague gaming would have no doubt have MW2 top of the pile. I think it was yirsmg who made some very good points regarding campaign in regards to COD4 the other day. Don't get me wrong, there are some very good missions in MW2 (Airplane graveyard, Estate and a one or two others) but overall it's not a patch on the other two IW games. One thing is a constant, they were all horribly short especially COD4 and MW2. I'am someone who loves reading into events around the Cold War, but the missions in BOPS didn't capture my imagination all too much besides Vorkuta.
    • Sure both the EMP and Nuke were new, but they were a novelty more so than anything. EMP was one of the most stupid killstreaks in history of COD due to the fact it was 15 kills(?). It should be a 8 kills with Blackbird being bumped up to at least 15 in MW3.. and I'm someone who churns out a lot of them on BOPS. Too easy to get one. The match is over before it starts when me and a few of the lads here rock that killstreak coupled with standard UAV.

Nuke was massive a novelty factor. IMO along with certain perks and attachments destroyed MW2. What's the point of playing a game of Sabotage when some little tool is camping away for his precious nuke to end the game without a care of wanting to win by playing how it should be. I've only been on the receiving end of one nuke. Besides myself, I think I've seen 3 nukes iall together. But that mindset of nuke players was a detriment.
    • MW2 weapons had no recoil. Is that perhaps clouding your judgement? Not comparing MW2 guns to Black Ops cause for the most part the weapons are underwhelming in BOPS. Also factor in stopping power to.

• Sound I agree on, but some people are making such a huge issue on it to bash BLOPS.
    • There won't be a major overhaul from MW2 to MW3, I guarantee it. The new IW have said the they will be using the MW2 engine so there will be nothing new there, which is a good thing. Perks might see the odd couple removed and thus replaced.. perhaps likewise killstreaks.
      The maps in BOPS are cack bar Summit, Nuketown, Launch, Havana and from the looks of it, Stadium. In MW2 I thought the same except for Favela, Afghan, Terminal, Bailout and Sub Base which were excellent maps for all game types. Though the spawn system tried it's best to tarnish them. I think the colour scheme has affected the minds of many too. Havana is let down by the colour scheme but it should be obvious what Treyarch were trying to achieve.

Again, sorry for jumping a bit all over the place Ghost. My opinion on Black Ops has altered since the beginning. I did say it very well could and it has. When I'm wrong, I admit that I'm wrong and I was on BOPS. Reaching 15th prestige is keeping me going atm but it's like a rollercoaster as to my enjoyment levels. Right now it's a self obsessed goal, even a chore :o BOPS is in essence one gun, two perks and one attachment as I said in the Megabitch thread.

MW2 could have been so much better, and perhaps a massive amount of my dislike for the game is down to the expecting a better product from IW. I didn't buy WaW due to COD3 and would have not have picked up Black Ops but due to MW2 I felt I had no choice and tried to go into it with unbiased eyes which I did. I will give MW2 another chance when I eventually re-buy it though so will see how that goes. While I admit to being a fanboy of COD4 if that's possible :D There were issues in it for sure but it got more rights than wrongs compared to the other two. I'm confident in saying for the majority who experienced COD4 in all it's glory for those 1 or for me, 2 years will agree with it stands alone at the top.

I really hope MW3 comes good just like everyone here but I'm very worried all the same this could be the final nail in the coffin for me at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 gsnapp

Im over Cod now thanks to Black OPs

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Reports are saying that MW3 will be revealed at GDC next week.
    Big news on the Call of Duty front today; Activision’s sent over a set of dog tags (below) with a link to the website findmakarov.com. The bloody tags also included the message “end the war” along with the details of Sheperd, one of the villains from 2009′s Modern Warfare 2.

findmakarov.jpg

What’s on the web you ask? A countdown, currently sitting at just under 5 days. A quick flash of the Modern Warfare 2 villain appears when you load up the page. You may well remember that Makarov made it all the way through the last game. Guess that’s a Modern Warfare 3 reveal next week then.

Link

iMuse wrote: »
    Reports are saying that MW3 will be revealed at GDC next week.

Link

Ooooh, love me a bit o' viral marketing.

According to IGN, Joystiq, Kotaku and Gameslice, the findmakarov viral website is a hoax, but it allegedly points to an upcoming Call of Duty Modern Warfare inspired Indie film.

Sure both the EMP and Nuke were new, but they were a novelty more so than anything. EMP was one of the most stupid killstreaks in history of COD due to the fact it was 15 kills(?). It should be a 8 kills with Blackbird being bumped up to at least 15 in MW3.. and I'm someone who churns out a lot of them on BOPS. Too easy to get one. The match is over before it starts when me and a few of the lads here rock that killstreak coupled with standard UAV.

The blackbird needs to either be removed or bumped to a 10+ killstreak for MW3 if they're keeping it or its equivalent. Its funny people complaining about people using overpowered streaks or guns when the Blackbird is the most overpowered thing in Blops, unless you're running counter spy plane theres no stopping it, and since you wont know the other team is running it you cant alter your killstreaks accordingly. Once one person gets one anyone else running will inevitably as well.

I like the idea of the Blackbird being used like in the campaign of Blops, a teammate uses it and controls the camera, either calling out enemy positions on the mic or selecting an area that highlights on the team UAV screen that shows enemy positions,like a motion sensor. You pick where you see enemy signals and then it pings the area in a radius that shows exact positions. its fairer than having everyone having a massive sign on the map that says "I'm over heeeere!"

Bring back 1v1 cage matches for MW3, I genuinely dont care if people are boosting in them, let them off.it'd stop people ruining FFA and other modes. and 1v1 sniper matches are cool if you're actually playing them properly.

Multiple air support needs to return too, having a harrier and pavelow up instead of one lone attack chopper makes the game more intense. also reduce the chopper time, as it stands it seems to be up forever in Blops.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

krudler wrote: »
    The blackbird needs to either be removed or bumped to a 10+ killstreak for MW3 if they're keeping it or its equivalent. Its funny people complaining about people using overpowered streaks or guns when the Blackbird is the most overpowered thing in Blops, unless you're running counter spy plane theres no stopping it, and since you wont know the other team is running it you cant alter your killstreaks accordingly. Once one person gets one anyone else running will inevitably as well.

I like the idea of the Blackbird being used like in the campaign of Blops, a teammate uses it and controls the camera, either calling out enemy positions on the mic or selecting an area that highlights on the team UAV screen that shows enemy positions,like a motion sensor. You pick where you see enemy signals and then it pings the area in a radius that shows exact positions. its fairer than having everyone having a massive sign on the map that says "I'm over heeeere!"

Bring back 1v1 cage matches for MW3, I genuinely dont care if people are boosting in them, let them off.it'd stop people ruining FFA and other modes. and 1v1 sniper matches are cool if you're actually playing them properly.

Multiple air support needs to return too, having a harrier and pavelow up instead of one lone attack chopper makes the game more intense. also reduce the chopper time, as it stands it seems to be up forever in Blops.

Given the sheer amount of people using ghost pro the Blackbird has it's uses. I think that tying Killstreaks to class would be a better idea than getting rid of the blackbird all together (though the idea of actually being in the blackbird would be really cool). If kill streaks were tied to class type then one could just have a class set up (say in anti-air) where they have a counter spy plane and they just need 3 kills to render that black bird null and void.

You need enough kills to get the blackbird that if it is unlocked, it's well deserved IMO.

The find Makarov website has changed, it still holds the MW2 NVG turn on sound but the overall theme has been turned to red, it shows a sonar of the world and many 'bogies' as the Army calls them are shown in Russia, a mans face appears just like Shepard did in the earlier version but I grabbed a screenshot for you, the numbers have changed from days:hours:Minutes:Seconds to Days:hours:minutes:seconds:Milliseconds

Timer.jpg?t=1298910075

Findmakarov.jpg?t=1298910091

Looks like it has changed from 3 days to an entire year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Still 1 day 22 hours for me

isnt findmakaraov.com a hoax? will just wait till Activision themselves actually announce something

• Advertisement

isnt findmakaraov.com a hoax? will just wait till Activision themselves actually announce something

its apparently made by We Like To Pretend, a canadian film making company who are making an Indie film based on Modern Warfare series

and Activision may just be saying its a hoax, nothing is set in stone in my opinion

How about we all get some cinema tickets and popcorn?

Real or Fake, you decide.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭CORaven

Real or Fake, you decide.....

Fake and ghey.
    Not enough things going boom and no one died in those 30 seconds.

fake, looks too shoddily made to be from IW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

fake, looks too shoddily made to be from IW
    Hahahahaha

Say that out loud........

Tallon wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

Say that out loud........

lol I meant presentation wise, the game could be a different matter :pac: