Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Katy French in a critical condition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just heard on the radio shes dead there....

RIP Katie

:(
    RIP Katy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Procasinator

RIP Katie

Sad to hear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

RIP Katie

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Kar0ma

Sad to hear she has died but now we will be bombarded with how wonderful she was.

Odds on 'Goodbye Dublin Rose' being recorded by someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Spicy123

Rest in Peace Katie.

No matter what anyone says, she lived her life and everyone knew about it because of the career path she chose. She didn't decide to be a media sensation and THEN go for modelling.

Katie French was an ordinary girl who lived her life and made mistakes that many people have. Maybe people are right in saying "She should have known better", but screw that! So should smokers etc.

I pray for her and her family and hope that anyone that has anything bad to say about her can keep their lips buttoned.

Save the respect for people who deserve it? She was a human being who didn't inflict hatred or pain on anyone so in my eyes, without a doubt, she deserves respect.

• Advertisement

Has she really? Heard nothing on the news there...sad...RIP Katy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

tbh wrote: »
    I'd never heard of the landmines charity before di and heather mills
    I'd never heard of End Poverty Now before Bob and Bono.
    I'd never heard of the rainforest until sting and that bloke with the CD in his lip on Wogan. The list goes on. To say that celebs don't attract attention to a cause is being facitious.

Edited:

If the news is true its sad to hear. Nobody deserves to have their life cut short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

I'd say Bono pays a higher percentage of his salary to charity than you do, and a higher percentage of his time probably.

I've not seen any reports that she's dead on any sites. One of the lads from the Waterford party died, maybe the poster got confused.

All celebrities receive a substantial tax write off for Charity contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I don't think she's dead. Perhaps someone is mixing her up with one of those lads from Waterford who died this afternoon...?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Was nothing on 2FM news at 4 about it..

Has anyone else apart from that poster heard on the radio that she died? Because it isn't on any sites or any radio news I just listened to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I've not heard that she died. breakingnews.ie has reported that one of the lads from the Waterford cocaine party have died. That's the only remotely similar report I can find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ivorygal

What radio station did you hear it on?

RTE news doesn't have that story yet.

seamus wrote: »
    I don't think she's dead. Perhaps someone is mixing her up with one of those lads from Waterford who died this afternoon...?

Yeah that's what I'm guessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Any link to confirm her death?

Kar0ma wrote: »
    All celebrities receive a substantial tax write off for Charity contributions.

Everybody gets the same write off. There are no laws for celebrities. We're going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Still no word if she is dead or not, you shouldnt say she is dead if you arent sure - Jesus give me patience.

lets just assume all rumours are false unless someone can post a link to rte or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

RIP Katie

Are you sure, Fieldog. This hasn't been mentioned on the news I was listening to, nor on the Afternoon Show - they just extended their good wishes to her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 I Shot J.R.

No mention on fm104 news either, just the Waterford lad.

Fieldog

GET YOUR STORIES CORRECT - she is NOT DEAD.

There was a report that she died on the way to hospital and was revived, he may be mishearing the report.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

tbh wrote: »
    I'd say Bono pays a higher percentage of his salary to charity than you do, and a higher percentage of his time probably.

And more that you and anybody else on this thread, whats your point?

He as infinitely more time and money, but on a ratio of free time and time spent doing charity work, I know many people who do a whole lot more for charity the Bono. Have you not realised that the naysayers here mostly have a problem with the genreal public gushing about how much they respect and admire these everyday unextraordinary people. If a so called celebrity performed some fund raising for a homeless charity they would be hailed as a role model yet the same people worshiping the celebrity would probably still show no more concern for the plight of the homeless man that their beloved celebrity brought focus to.

Has she changed hospitals?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hold your horses peeps!!!

I was literally going by what one of the lads in work said to me, I hope he was getting mixed up with that Waterford lad....

(even though I shouldnt)

My heart goes out to both families....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I have it from a reliable source that they switched off her life support a couple of hours ago. Have been looking for it to come up on a newsite for the last while but it hasnt. I would not be taking anything as gospel until confirmed reports. Rumours can spread very easily in these cases and even reach the media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I heard the same Mike - we'll know for sure in the next while

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I have it from a reliable source that they switched off her life support a couple of hours ago. Have been looking for it to come up on a newsite for the last while but it hasnt. I would not be taking anything as gospel until confirmed reports. Rumours can spread very easily in these cases and even reach the media.

Jesus did you ever wonder why?

• Advertisement

Has anybody heard anything about it definitely being cocaine (not that it really really matters) just that she was on about it last week

thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement