Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Katy French in a critical condition

• 03-12-2007 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭

Just saw this...

http://www.breakingnews.ie/entertainment/mhmhidsnojoj/

Irish model Katie French is in a critical condition in a hospital in Navan.

It has been reported that she had been spending the weekend at a friends Co house in Meath when she collapsed and was rushed to hospital.

Wonder what was wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I hope she makes a quick recovery, poor Katy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Not another publicity stunt I hope!

Seriously though I hope she's okay, criticial?? Hopefully she'll be alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 newbie74

don't know - it was on rte radio one news and on aertel. presume it would not be in the news if it was just a cold and if it was a car accident or something i presume that would be reported. She is too young for a heart attack i reckon. in the absence of solid info god knows what people will think. get well soon anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

newbie74 wrote: »
    don't know - it was on rte radio one news and on aertel.
    Yeah I was surprised to hear it on RTE news during Morning Ireland this morning tbh. It's also on the front page of the Irish Independent. Seems that there's no details available other than that she's in critical condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

A hospital in Navan?

She must hate that.

• Advertisement

Ibid wrote: »
    A hospital in Navan?

She must hate that.

Now now!

Maybe that's why they're not releasing anymore info at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ang

This girl is such a media whore. Every week she is in the papers, why?! I hope this isn't a publicity stunt. Her ex was so gay looking, bet 'the breakup' exclusive all over the papers was to get publicity for the 2 of them.

Last weekend she was in the papers saying used to do coke, wouldn't be suprised if the collapse was due to drugs.

Whatever she does for a living, she hasn't hurt anyone and she could be in a really bad state so back off a little until we know more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

MayMay wrote: »
    Whatever she does for a living, she hasn't hurt anyone and she could be in a really bad state so back off a little until we know more.

Why? I would be bitching about her if she was not in a critical condition so why change just cause she is sick.

• Advertisement

Fair enough, I just think it's bad form if she's so ill...she's not a bad person, she hasn't done anything wrong...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Don't know why I'm surprised that she did drugs, just thought she had a bit more cop on than that...but not a big shock really....anyway hope she pulls through.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Don't know why I'm surprised that she did drugs, just thought she had a bit more cop on than that...but not a big shock really....anyway hope she pulls through.
    Just to be clear - in the interview she gave last week she said that she had taken cocaine in the past but does not do so anymore. There is no indication right now why she is in hospital so folks please don't speculate too wildly about drug use, mmmkay? (Not directing this at you Clare Bear, it's a general thing cos this could easily turn into a legally dodgy thread).

Side issue: This thread has already had almost 800 views in the four hours since it was first posted. Additionally, the Celeb & Showbiz forum has had around 30-50 people viewing the forum at any time that I've checked this morning. Right now there are 45 people viewing, which makes it third only to After Hours and PI. (Note: The stats are indicative rather than perfect, plus the figures for some forums aren't shown)

Now the forum generally gets pretty high viewership but this would seem to be exceptionally high and I'm guessing that this Katy French story is a big reason for that. As much as we give out about her there's clearly a massive interest in her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

According to the Herald (I just died a little inside), she was suffering a severe headache when the ambo was called.

I was in the doctor's surgery this morning, and I was surprised the 3 other mothers in the waiting room had never heard of her! They must have been on a desert island or something.
    I was just reading about her yesterday in the magazine supplement to the Daily Mail, and in it she said she had taken cocaine in the past, but doesn't now and was warning others to stay away from it. There was also photos of her as a toddler in the Star on Friday (I think), and she was SO gorgeous.
    Ah, I have a fondness for her especially as she did some work for Goal recently in Calcutta and she seems a pleasant girl.
    I suppose nobody's too young to have a heart attack. All we can do is wait until there's further developments. Let's hope she's recovers very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Stargal wrote: »
    Side issue: This thread has already had almost 800 views in the four hours since it was first posted. Additionally, the Celeb & Showbiz forum has had around 30-50 people viewing the forum at any time that I've checked this morning. Right now there are 45 people viewing, which makes it third only to After Hours and PI. (Note: The stats are indicative rather than perfect, plus the figures for some forums aren't shown)

Now the forum generally gets pretty high viewership but this would seem to be exceptionally high and I'm guessing that this Katy French story is a big reason for that. As much as we give out about her there's clearly a massive interest in her.

I demand royalties for handing you this scoop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

kelle wrote: »
    I was in the doctor's surgery this morning, and I was surprised the 3 other mothers in the waiting room had never heard of her! They must have been on a desert island or something.
    Well I only clicked on this thread to find out who the feck Katie French is to be honest. I can honestly say I have never heard of her but then again, I generally avoid the type of mags that crow on about 'celebs' that aren't actually 'famous' for anything at all. It's amazing that anyone in Ireland who appears in the Sunday Independent society pages or weekend magaznine is suddenly a 'celeb'. Even when I do see column inches devoted to these people I tend to skip past them quickly. Possibly a fault in my personality!
    Ah, I have a fondness for her especially as she did some work for Goal recently in Calcutta and she seems a pleasant girl.
    Too cynical of me to say that the charity work was probably suggested by a PR agency?
    I suppose nobody's too young to have a heart attack. All we can do is wait until there's further developments. Let's hope she's recovers very soon.
    Aye, let's hope that she will recover soon. The daughter of a colleague of mine recently had a heart attack, she's only 29...3 years younger than me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

She had a heart attack? Jesus. She doesn't lool like she starves herself or anything, thats scary.

newbie74 wrote: »
    She is too young for a heart attack i reckon. in the absence of solid info god knows what people will think.
    kelle wrote:
    I suppose nobody's too young to have a heart attack.
    R3n4ul wrote:
    The daughter of a colleague of mine recently had a heart attack
    Lux23 wrote:
    She had a heart attack?

Where does it say she had a heart attack?

• Advertisement

tbh wrote: »
    Where does it say she had a heart attack?

It doesn't. Just said she had headaches.

Folks I've already made this very clear - enough of the spurious allegations. Now I haven't seen the Herald yet but nothing I've read has confirmed anything about either a heart attack or a drug-induced illness so stick to what's known. The next person to break this will be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cocaine is a well known link to heart attacks in young people.

So is smoking and cholesterol.

This wouldn't be in the news if it wasn't out of the ordinary.

Of course it would. Read Stargals post about the stats for this thread. She's a "celebrity" (it makes me shudder to use that term for her), so anything and everything about her is news worthy, especially when papers have nothing else to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

I don't particularly like or dislike the girl, but however she ended up in a "critical condition", I hope she pulls through.

Sorry, Stargal, but I made my statement because Newbie 74 had queried it! Wasn't trying to make an allegation of any kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

She probably just needs a good dinner....

That'll sort her out...

But I do hope she is okX x x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭parliament

kelle wrote: »
    Let's hope she's recovers very soon.

cool by association; I hope you extend your best wishes to the hundreds of less fortunate people who take ill every day. Guess some people still live in hope that they will get to meet their heroes in person and recall how they wished them the best when they were ill all while their hero looks down on them with in amazement at the loyalty of their lesser beings

or she could be the type of person who would post to wish anyone well in a similar position. You've not started any threads about anyone else, so how would you know? this is the celebrity forum after all - cop yourself on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭WithCheesePlease

hopefully whatever it is it's contagious and Glenda Gilson goes to visit. You wouldn't want it to be all for nothing after all...

• Advertisement

hopefully whatever it is it's contagious and Glenda Gilson goes to visit. You wouldn't want it to be all for nothing after all...

Harsh! You'd think these girls were serial killers or something! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement