Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Haven't watched any of the Talking dead yet - do plan on going back and running through them.

I felt tonight was a much better episode. The scene of Atlanta at the start was cool, and the episode in general was more up tempo. The Daryl stuff was ok, I don't mind spending time with a single character - esp when they are one of the more interesting ones. I also don't mind when they make an excuse to bring Michael Rooker back in - he is a great presence and enjoyable to watch.

My gripe - as with everyone else here, is the now 5 episode missing girl arc. I've no interest, just wish it would move on. Either way - next episode is mid season break so she is going to be found dead or alive. I suspect alive and in the hands of some new travelling companions for the group who will show up just in time to help Rik et al escape the barn zombies.

I hope the makers learn from this season (part 1 and 2). Micro plots and sub plots throwing main characters into situational danger (like dareyl this episode and Shane in the school episode) work better than idle boring chatter. Episode 4 of this season was a big low point, episode 5 has been a high point - in line with the first 20 minutes of the first season 2 episode.

Looking forward to next week, then hiaitus until Feb me thinks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Robdude

Why is there a load of zombies in the barn?

It didn't really shock me or make me excited for next episode. I was thinking "wtf!?"

In episode two Rick and the old farmer guy have a little talk on the porch about what is happening. The old man calls it an 'epidemic' and talks about other plagues that mankind has fought with.

And he has a medical background (even if it is as a vet).

And in episode five Rick tells his group that the old guy wants to handle the walkers instead of them killing it themselves.

So a barn filled with zombies kind of makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I know it off topic but thought it would be best to ask here, anybody know which of the Walking Dead books I should get to start off and get me as far into the story as possible? I've never read comics before and all these different volumes and compendiums etc. are confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Beekay wrote: »
    I know it off topic but thought it would be best to ask here, anybody know which of the Walking Dead books I should get to start off and get me as far into the story as possible? I've never read comics before and all these different volumes and compendiums etc. are confusing
    This is probably what you're looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

did anyone else really like the atlanta backflash at the start. i thought it was really cool and well done and showed how bad the zombie apocalypse had gotten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

El Weirdo wrote: »
    This is probably what you're looking for.

Product Description

"Introducing the first eight volumes of the fan-favorite, New York Times Best Seller series collected into one massive paperback collection! Collects The Walking Dead #1-48. This is the perfect collection for any fan of the Emmy Award-winning television series on AMC: over one thousand pages chronicling the beginning of Robert Kirkman''s Eisner Award-winning continuing story of survival horror- from Rick Grimes'' waking up alone in a hospital, to him and his family seeking solace on Hershel''s farm, and the controversial introduction of Woodbury despot: The Governor. In a world ruled by the dead, we are finally forced to finally start living."

Stupid question ???
    Is it a book as in words or is it comics as in pictures
    I am too old to start reading comics i would be temtped by a book verison thu

The doll thinks i am mental for watching zombie shows if i start reading comics i be kicked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

just watched the webisodes on AMC
    and now i want a pizza hut pizza

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

bb1234567 wrote: »
    did anyone else really like the atlanta backflash at the start. i thought it was really cool and well done and showed how bad the zombie apocalypse had gotten.
    I thought it was stupid. If Atlanta was bombed then why didn't we see the effects of this during those early episodes which were set in the city?

See first paragraph here also: http://videogum.com/413492/the-walking-dead-s02e05-ever-done-in-it-a-hayloft/tv/recaps/

I think you put up the link to those recaps a few days ago? Thanks again, I read all of them, they're so funny.

I thought it was stupid. If Atlanta was bombed then why didn't we see the effects of this during those early episodes which were set in the city?

See first paragraph here also: http://videogum.com/413492/the-walking-dead-s02e05-ever-done-in-it-a-hayloft/tv/recaps/

I think you put up the link to those recaps a few days ago? Thanks again, I read all of them, they're so funny.

ye that was me:) thanks for link i didnt know the guy did recaps of all the episodes, thought just the last episode:p hes really funny!
    ''I thought it was stupid. If Atlanta was bombed then why didn't we see the effects of this during those early episodes which were set in the city? ''
    well you didnt see bomb damage on buildings which is stupid but all the cars on the streets were burnt out, remember the zombies sitting in the burnt out busses and cars when he first came to atlanta on the horse? but ye it was stupid how there was no damage to buildings, but that would have been very expensive to do..so prob just left it out.

haha that videogum guy is so funny!
    Sophia’s mom says she wants to invite everyone to eat dinner together. Lori says it’s the least they can do. Is it? Where is the food coming from? You are going to invite the farmhouse people to a dinner in their own farmhouse cooked with their own supplies? It’s almost TOO thoughtful. Sophia’s mom says it would be better if Lori extended the invitation because she’s Rick’s wife and that makes her, like, the First Lady. Yuck. Can we impeach Rick? And guillotine Lori? VIVA EL PRESIDENTE T-DOG!

That night at dinner, which looks like a FUUUUUNNNNN dinner, with everyone sitting in gloomy hateful silence, and thank you to the ladies for even suggesting it, Glen is like “Anyone want to play this acoustic guitar?” GLEN! EVERYONE HATES YOU! Someone says that Otis was the one who could play the guitar. Haha. Good, I’m glad he’s dead then.

EVER DONE IT IN A HAYLOFT. Also, this girl is a farmgirl. YES, SHE HAS DONE IT IN HAYLOFT. Oh, Glen. But the girl’s face drops. Uh oh. WHAT’S IN THE HAYLOFT! It would be funny if Glen got to the hayloft and it was just filled with excited dudes with condoms spilling out of their pockets. “I didn’t want you to go into the hayloft because that’s where all my ex-boyfriends live.” Speaking of ex-boyfriends, the hayloft is just filthy with ZOMBIEEEEEEEEEEES! Hahhaha. AIN’T NO PARTY LIKE A ZOMBIE PARTY BECAUSE A ZOMBIE PARTY DON’T DIE!

oh i was really surprised about the poll results:eek: 2 peoples fav show ever,19 think its great one of best show on tv,and 21 think its good.
    7 think its ok,12 bad, and 4 terrible. ha must be just the people who hate the show who comment on this thread :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Tbh this show sucks. I don't think I'm going to waste my time with it any more. Its just so poorly written.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

I didn't think about the missing damage to Atlanta until it was mentioned here so now it does kind of come off as half a**ed writing in favour of effect.

Episode was ok over all but the hunt for the little girl has been over stretched, need to move on and I'm hoping the next episode will do that with the barns story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Product Description

Stupid question ???
    Is it a book as in words or is it comics as in pictures
    I am too old to start reading comics i would be temtped by a book verison thu

The doll thinks i am mental for watching zombie shows if i start reading comics i be kicked out

It has pictures! It's a graphic novel if you don't want to be seen reading comics.
    You mean your too young to read comics, what kid reads comics nowadays?
    If you must have words in a book theirs a prequel novel 'Rise of the Governor'
    He a character I hope we meet in the TV show.
    AIN’T NO PARTY LIKE A ZOMBIE PARTY BECAUSE A ZOMBIE PARTY DON’T DIE!
    "Oh Back to back, belly to belly, I don't give a damn 'cos I done ded already"
    "Oh Back to back, belly to belly, at de zombie jamboree"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Psychedelic

ye that was me:) thanks for link i didnt know the guy did recaps of all the episodes, thought just the last episode:p hes really funny!
    ''I thought it was stupid. If Atlanta was bombed then why didn't we see the effects of this during those early episodes which were set in the city? ''
    well you didnt see bomb damage on buildings which is stupid but all the cars on the streets were burnt out, remember the zombies sitting in the burnt out busses and cars when he first came to atlanta on the horse? but ye it was stupid how there was no damage to buildings, but that would have been very expensive to do..so prob just left it out.
    It's not just the buildings, the roads would be in bits as well with all those bombs. Anyway,

181453.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

Best episode of this season so far. Loved the drawn-out scenes with Daryl and how annoyed I got when he got shot after making it all the way back. The ending was creepy alright, I'm presuming they're friends/family of Hershel, unless it turns into some weird satanic cult thing.
    Anyway, glad it's picking up a bit again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Currently on issue 50 of the comic, it really does highlight how slowly paced the tv show actually is.

Still enjoying it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    Currently on issue 50 of the comic, it really does highlight how slowly paced the tv show actually is.

Still enjoying it though.
    I don't see how. If you were waiting month-to-month for the comics then the show might seem fast-paced. :pac:
    Perhaps part of the reason it's considered so slow is because the comic readers are impatient to get to "the good bits".

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

As an aside from the zombies, Maggie's a bitçh and Glenn is an idiot. "You see 11 condoms, I see 11 minutes of my life that I'll never get back." Is just about the meanest, nastiest thing you can say to someone who you had sex with who is eagerly wondering if a rerun is possible. So what if it was a crappy sex, no need to be a turd about it. Glenn should have told her to go fuçk herself as soon as she said that, and then maybe gone to cry in the barn. But no, the moron was all; oh baby - you know you want to really as if she hadn't just been horribly vile.

Also why, ON HER CHILDHOOD HOME would she ask the stranger who's been there about 3 days where they should meet for sex. Even if they didn't have a secret barn full of zombies that they want to keep the strangers away from it was a moronic question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

iguana wrote: »
    As an aside from the zombies, Maggie's a bitçh and Glenn is an idiot. "You see 11 condoms, I see 11 minutes of my life that I'll never get back." Is just about the meanest, nastiest thing you can say to someone who you had sex with who is eagerly wondering if a rerun is possible. So what if it was a crappy sex, no need to be a turd about it. Glenn should have told her to go fuçk herself as soon as she said that, and then maybe gone to cry in the barn. But no, the moron was all; oh baby - you know you want to really as if she hadn't just been horribly vile.

Also why, ON HER CHILDHOOD HOME would she ask the stranger who's been there about 3 days where they should meet for sex. Even if they didn't have a secret barn full of zombies that they want to keep the strangers away from it was a moronic question.

I was not that impressed with the last episode, yeah the barn full of zombies, how did they not cop that? sure with all the noise and all i thought they would of broke the door down? Still enjoying the show though, maybe the next episode will explain why?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

I think why Maggie asked Glen is 'cause she isn't really spoiled for choice when it comes to men at the farm, and what with the Zombie Apocolypse, maybe she was thinking of getting some before the end.

The Sophia story has to stop. Do you think they added it in to kill time while they're waiting for Carl to heal?

Daryl is the best character in the whole thing, maybe cause he does stuff without having to go through a big emotional toing and froing ****e like the others?

One more episode and then they break till February. It best be a bloodfest.

• Advertisement

I think why Maggie asked Glen is 'cause she isn't really spoiled for choice when it comes to men at the farm, and what with the Zombie Apocolypse, maybe she was thinking of getting some before the end.

Daryl is the best character in the whole thing, maybe cause he does stuff without having to go through a big emotional toing and froing ****e like the others?

And so surely one would have to conclude that Daryl would be the best shag by far.:confused::cool:

And so surely one would have to conclude that Daryl would be the best shag by far.:confused::cool:

He was out along looking for Sophia so she didn't have the chance to propose to him. Or maybe she doesn't go for white trash?

He was out along looking for Sophia so she didn't have the chance to propose to him. Or maybe she doesn't go for white trash?

Sorry, "out alone"...

The Sophia story has to stop. Do you think they added it in to kill time while they're waiting for Carl to heal?

One more episode and then they break till February. It best be a bloodfest.

no its 2 more episodes til break! anyone think that maybe the sophia arc is being dragged out because the girl who plays sophia may not be available? she could be sick or had another acting job idk. they often do that in other shows,when an actor is unavailable they make up a story for them being away until the actor comes back..idk maybe that why, i dont see why else theyd drag out the arc that long ..hope she just comes back now, at first i was kind of sad and hopes shed come back alive but now i dont care at all, think itd actually be kind of cool if she was a zombie now!:p

no its 2 more episodes til break! anyone think that maybe the sophia arc is being dragged out because the girl who plays sophia may not be available? she could be sick or had another acting job idk. they often do that in other shows,when an actor is unavailable they make up a story for them being away until the actor comes back..idk maybe that why, i dont see why else theyd drag out the arc that long ..hope she just comes back now, at first i was kind of sad and hopes shed come back alive but now i dont care at all, think itd actually be kind of cool if she was a zombie now!:p

She was in yesterday's episode. And in a show like TWD which only has short seasons they would either get a different actor or keep her off screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Regarding Maggie's pretty callous putdown of poor Glenn's puppydog advances; I think it's a problem generally in that all the women in this show are really badly written. Think about it: Lori, Andrea, Maggie, Carol - they're really, really awful characters in places, with Carol barely qualifying as a cypher in the first instance, let alone a character. Lori's comes out worst to be honest; from her shrew like pontificating on the abandoned highway to the insufferable omgCARRRRRRRLLLLLLL, she leads the pack in badly written female characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

This show started as a good idea and is just getting more and more abysmal with each episode. The very final scene of the latest episode was the first actual piece of story since Carl got shot and my hope is if they do this right it might add a nice sinister undertone to the happy families scenario thats going on the moment. I have been noticing that Hershel has been getting a bit odder lately too so fingers crossed we have an actual story on our hands now.

On top of that, as others have said, the Sophia storyline is crazy at this stage. It needs to be tied up one way or another by next episode because its well past the point of being interesting and moved into lazy writing stage. There is zero drama to it as well which is the worst part, they go out, rummage around in the forest, nothing happens and they go back. That has literally been every episode recently.

/rant

I have to say though, overall i do like the idea of a more realistic zombie story which isnt just about all out carnage all of the time but actually about survival. Not having zombies as the sole crutch of the story is commendable but at the same time i think the walking dead sometimes goes too far and verges on being a soap opera or something. Lets face it, this show largely doesnt have the acting, and definitely doesnt have the writing, to be carried purely by the characters in their daily lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

I'd have me a bite of Daryl alright.

Rough and ready with a crossbow and obviously OODLES of stamina? Yes please.

She was in yesterday's episode. And in a show like TWD which only has short seasons they would either get a different actor or keep her off screen.

oh ye bang goes my theory then:p, forgot she was in last episode, now im clueless, they better have some really good reason for her being gone...im guessing shell be a way of intrododuced us to some more new characters- she may be the reason these characters will be introduced
    two guys called dave and tony(dont know name of actors playing those two) or randall(played by michael zeagan) a young farm boy or michonne(no actor confirmed as of yet that i know of) or tyrese and family(no actors confirmed as of yet that i know of), or maybe donna allen ben and billy from comics. but only dave and tony and randall have been confirmed to appear in this season but who knows patrcia and the teenagers were never confirmed to be on hershels farm but theyre there now! hopefully tyrese and family and michonne will come soon! im guessing sophia will be found travelling with either dave and tony , or randall.

• Advertisement

pixelburp wrote: »
    Regarding Maggie's pretty callous putdown of poor Glenn's puppydog advances; I think it's a problem generally in that all the women in this show are really badly written. Think about it: Lori, Andrea, Maggie, Carol - they're really, really awful characters in places, with Carol barely qualifying as a cypher in the first instance, let alone a character. Lori's comes out worst to be honest; from her shrew like pontificating on the abandoned highway to the insufferable omgCARRRRRRRLLLLLLL, she leads the pack in badly written female characters.

your so right, but remember glenn said ''are they all on their period'' maybe all the female characters are being told to act all bitchy and horrible for now and maybe later on theyll turn into a pack of less annoying good characters, heres hoping. great post though, the thing about carol was funny and then'' lori leads the pack in badly written female characters.'' :D

Advertisement