Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Pentax camera and lenses - help needed

• 18-11-2010 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi All,

This past weekend my apartment in Dublin 1 was broken into and the following equipment was stolen:

Pentax K20D
    Pentax D-FA 15mm f4.0 Limited
    Pentax D-FA 35mm f2.8 Macro Limited
    Pentax D-FA 70mm f2.4 Limited
    Pentax FA 35mm f2.0
    Pentax FA 50mm f1.4
    Pentax D-FA 16-45 f4.0
    Pentax D-FA 18-55 f3.5-5.6

None of the lenses have their front caps on (I store them without them and they left them behind).

I'd appreciate it if you could notify the authorities in case you come across any of these items for sale.

Also, I'm keen to try and get my stuff back; do you guys know where this stuff might show up for sale?

Thanks in advance for your help and regards,
    JD
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

also check the pawn shops ..... theres a few in D7 and D8 - chances are the stuff will find its way to a pub and will be sold for a couple of quid....camera gear is very easy to sell on to people willing to purchase cheap gear (photo).

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭tippilot

Pentax user. Will keep a look out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Fcuk me! that's a lot of nice gear! Sorry to hear. check your house insurance, normally have up to €2k of unspecified goods insured.
    If they know nothing about photography will probably try to flog it quickly through any channel (pawn store etc).
    So probably won't end up on Pentaxforums marketplace but keep an eye on it anyway.
    Also Pentaxuser.co.uk classified section.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Just to add www.donedeal.ie

Hope you can recover it, that really sucks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jduarte

Thank you very much to everyone who replied; I know my chances of getting any of that back are small but that won't stop me from doing everything I can to try. Hopefully the primes will be hard to shift, and maybe I'll get lucky...

I'm also posting this over at the "For sale" forum at www.photographyireland.net, to readers of both forums I apologise for the cross-post.

Kindest regards,
    JD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Really sorry to hear this. Hope it turns up.

A few friends were out last night and 1 lad is looking to get his gear insured. I had never really thought of it but will be first thing Monday.

Balfey1972 is a regular poster here and from what I hear is good to deal with re Camera Insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 19 paulydub

Id say its to be sold in a pub. Most people that break in and rob things will want a quick sell not post it on the net.
    If they didnt get the battery chargers you could goto a few camera shops see if they remember someone with alot of camera gear and not a clue looking for a charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Can't offer any advice, just had to say 'f&ckers!'

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ZevonS

jduarte,
    Sorry to hear of the theft of your home, You had collected a great set of lenses,
    Might help if you had serial no's of camera and lenses, (will be on the Pentax card if you still have the boxes). That way could confirm your gear if something shows up.

regards
    jduarte wrote: »
    Hi All,

This past weekend my apartment in Dublin 1 was broken into and the following equipment was stolen:

Pentax K20D
    Pentax D-FA 15mm f4.0 Limited
    Pentax D-FA 35mm f2.8 Macro Limited
    Pentax D-FA 70mm f2.4 Limited
    Pentax FA 35mm f2.0
    Pentax FA 50mm f1.4
    Pentax D-FA 16-45 f4.0
    Pentax D-FA 18-55 f3.5-5.6

None of the lenses have their front caps on (I store them without them and they left them behind).

I'd appreciate it if you could notify the authorities in case you come across any of these items for sale.

Also, I'm keen to try and get my stuff back; do you guys know where this stuff might show up for sale?

Thanks in advance for your help and regards,
    JD

• Advertisement
Advertisement