Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local Politician Does His Bit For The Disabled..

• 05-05-2009 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭

79098.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Unless there is someone in obvious need of a disabled parking space then it should be up to the general public to slash the offending drivers tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I hate people who park in disabled zones,(There's a reason why there provided). I don't know why he think he's above the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

haha great find man, these people are like a plague in kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

I doubt he was driving it to be honest...probably one of his minions...but that's beside the point.

People are forever parking in those spaces at the Eurospar. It's not like the rest of the car park is ever that full! It's just pure laziness.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

I have pictures of the guards parking in the disabled spaces in Tipperary Town in their squad car, no bother to em.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 spoof

FearDark wrote: »
    I have pictures of the guards parking in the disabled spaces in Tipperary Town in their squad car, no bother to em.

I drove to Tip one time there were tractor and trucks parked in front of me ALL THE WAY:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

This is shockingly hilarious!

If you park in a disabled car parking space, shouldn't you have a kind of permit on display on the dash?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

in all fairness look how badly it's parked, maybe they deserve the spot!!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭lotdpd

just before u all going jumping the gun, the owner of the van his mother is actually in a wheelchair and her son drives her around in the van so be a bit a sensitive guys,

o and dont the graphics look well on the van :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Even with a disabled parking permit there's no need to occupy two spaces :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Obviously he cares about the laws in Ireland,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mick_irl wrote: »
    I doubt he was driving it to be honest...probably one of his minions...but that's beside the point.

People are forever parking in those spaces at the Eurospar. It's not like the rest of the car park is ever that full! It's just pure laziness.

His minions are still representatives for him,

If one of his minions pulled up in that van outside your house and got out knocked on your door and beat the ****e out of you would you not consider it a bad image for McGuinness? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭ChristIsMurph

lotdpd wrote: »
    just before u all going jumping the gun, the owner of the van his mother is actually in a wheelchair and her son drives her around in the van so be a bit a sensitive guys,

This is not true at all. I know the owner of the van myself. The van does not have a disabled permit on it. There is no need to be sensitive about anything here. This is an Andrew McGuinness van clearly breaking the law and having no respect for the people who actually need these spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I find that a bit hard to believe, his mother has to get out of her wheel chair to climb into a work van :confused: The rest of the car park looks full and the driver just thought I won’t get a ticket with the big sticker on the back And l don't care who's driving it, who ever it was is representing Andrew McGuinness

This is not true at all. I know the owner of the van myself. The van does not have a disabled permit on it. There is no need to be sensitive about anything here. This is an Andrew McGuinness van clearly breaking the law and having no respect for the people who actually need these spaces.
    Cabaal wrote: »
    Obviously he cares about the laws in Ireland,

He ain't breaking the law. It's a private car park, so a council traffic warden or a Garda could not issue a parking ticket for this. I don't think there is any company running that car park that issues monetary penalties or clamping.

Cabaal wrote: »
    His minions are still representatives for him,

If one of his minions pulled up in that van outside your house and got out knocked on your door and beat the ****e out of you would you not consider it a bad image for McGuinness? ;)

I agree with you 100%, which is why i said it was beside the point.

mick_irl wrote: »
    He ain't breaking the law. It's a private car park, so a council traffic warden or a Garda could not issue a parking ticket for this. I don't think there is any company running that car park that issues monetary penalties or clamping.

I just checked it out there. The car park is a private car park and the owners are responsible for the running of the car park. However, they do have a member of security who holds the right to clamp or fine people for parking in these spaces.

Well judging from the amount of people without permits that park there, they obviously don't issue fines or clamp all that often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Nice try Andrew ;)

Now get yourself over to Newpark fen and have a photo taken with you pointing to the rubbish. :D

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    The rest of the car park looks full

I doubt it. That car park is massive. There's always space at the far end of it - i.e. the end that would require Mr Van Driver to spend a minute or two walking to get to the shop!

Nice try Andrew ;)

Now get yourself over to Newpark fen and have a photo taken with you pointing to the rubbish. :D

;) how do people think this will effect his votes?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Who cares? He's still a f**king idiot!

Got some bumf in the post from John McGuinness today that must have been printed a while ago. Still referred to him as "minister". That said, the only FF logo on the thing was absolutely miniscule and at the bottom of the back page!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

;) how do people think this will effect his votes?

I am by now means political and have no allegiance to any party, therefore i can only base my vote on what i see happening in the community, the antics of this moron in the van has definately lost mcguinness my vote!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Dont listen to Murph, he only wants you to vote for him!!

Its a trick I tell ya, a trick!!!

00Blaine00 wrote: »

I won't deny it, I would love for everyone to vote for me ;)

But I was actually telling the truth!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

00Blaine00 wrote: »

Imagine that a politician wanting people to vote for him...what is the world coming too:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

How I despise people parking in disabled spots. I am not disabled, luckily, nor do I personally know anyone who is, but I really really feel very strongly about it, so congrats to the poster for naming and shaming this inconsiderate bastid (minion or otherwise).

This is the reason camera phones are so great!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

This is brilliant. We should start a new thread/ photo competition for the most stupid/ compromising/ embarassing photo of a local politician in the run up to the elections. Nothing malicious or anything just a bit of fun.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Stephen wrote: »
    Got some bumf in the post from John McGuinness today that must have been printed a while ago. Still referred to him as "minister". That said, the only FF logo on the thing was absolutely miniscule and at the bottom of the back page!

This must be a standard thing, its been widely commented on that a lot of FF election material seems to have a very small logo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Andrew McG

Hi,
    I decided to join Boards.ie so I could respond to this post. I see that there are other local election candidates commenting on the post also.

The van is obviously owned by a supporter of mine who volunteered to carry my election details. He tells me that he used the space to drop his elderly grandmother off.

I have contacted him and told him that he was wrong to use that space and I have advised other volunteers to act responsibly.

Andrew McGuinness

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement