Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photo of Court Scene - Name of Play?

Options
  • 27-11-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm posting a picture here of a court scene. Can anyone tell me if they know of any plays / dramas that may include this scene. Does anyone recognise the set?

This is an old photo, date unknown but between 50 and 90 years old. Please ignore the double exposure, I know the photo is badly damaged. I'm just looking for comments on the court scene itself. I believe the man sitting down and to his right (as looking at photo) is probably a different photo, it's out of place to the main court scene anyway.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

The set is too detailed and cumbersome for it to be a theatrical production imo - unless the entire thing was set in the same place, which seems unlikely.
    This maybe a TV production?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yeah I dont think its a picture from a play. There's a radiator in the background which suggests it wasn't taken in a theatre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Kalman

hblock21 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm posting a picture here of a court scene. Can anyone tell me if they know of any plays / dramas that may include this scene. Does anyone recognise the set?

This is an old photo, date unknown but between 50 and 90 years old. Please ignore the double exposure, I know the photo is badly damaged. I'm just looking for comments on the court scene itself. I believe the man sitting down and to his right (as looking at photo) is probably a different photo, it's out of place to the main court scene anyway.

Thanks

Very old photo. However, it has one notable important detail, it is interesting to note that the judge has a black hat [cap] on his head.
    This was only donned when the following sentence was about to be uttered "You shall be taken to the place from whence you came, and from there be taken to a place of execution. You shall be hung by the neck until the body be dead"! A most dramatic moment in a court room.

Advertisement